• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New USA President!

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiculturalism doesn't work? The US is multiculturalism.
6361180367477395801784458411_3GU4O73.png

Reactions: Blood Fetish

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe you cheeky libs! That is actually a pretty funny meme.
"Cheeky libs."
It would be wonderful if you stopped using that like every liberal is the same. Trump isn't for America, he's for corporate America. I'm happy there are many Americans that don't seem to give two shits about anyone but themselves even when it comes to the environment. The United States is a country built on immigrants. Stop suggesting it needs to be purified, that's sounds disgustingly like the 1930-40s.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Cheeky libs."
It would be wonderful if you stopped using that like every liberal is the same. Trump isn't for America, he's for corporate America. I'm happy there are many Americans that don't seem to give two shits about anyone but themselves even when it comes to the environment. The United States is a country built on immigrants. Stop suggesting it needs to be purified, that's sounds disgustingly like the 1930-40s.

Geeze calm down, we were exchanging memes. I love how you selectively get upset at a joke that generalizes....

Not trying to "purify" anything lol. Sorry if your feelings are hurt by other people's opinions.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RE: Getting the shit shot (or akin) out of you by Terrorists dressed as refugees.

Isn't the chances of getting shot by an American more likely than a terrorist? This isn't based on anything substantial other than a quick list of school shootings. Which I have to say, you guys have a lot of school shootings!

I really feel for the refugees being denied a safe haven. I'm a Muzzie with brown skin myself and I've had my fair share of looks and searches in my time. Having suspicion placed on you for no substantive reason is a super shitty feeling. I can't comprehend what's it like for the poor souls who've been forced to flee and being treated like this.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE: Getting the shit shot (or akin) out of you by Terrorists dressed as refugees.

Isn't the chances of getting shot by an American more likely than a terrorist? This isn't based on anything substantial other than a quick list of school shootings. Which I have to say, you guys have a lot of school shootings!
https://www.cato.org/blog/immigration-crime-what-research-says
Immigrants are less likely to commit crimes actually according to data as shown here

Reactions: el_gonz87

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yup!!! Feelings beat facts in politics!
Doesn't change the fact that illegal immigration is still illegal and a huge issue with many countries. People need to stop with the whole race card, illegal is illegal.

Who mentioned illegal immigrants?

WTF Green Card holders are included in the ban?

Last edited by emigre,

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is refugee terrorism a big problem for the US? No.

Should our government take extra measures they consider as necessary to ensure they approach a 0% incident rate? Yes.

If that hurts people's feelings, I'm sorry for you.
why don't we ban all guns to insure we have a 0% rate of deaths by fire arms?

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberal logic.

The best first week for any President in history = Failure, but the President who harmed this country more than any other in history over 8 years = Success.

Makes sense doesn't it? That's fucked up.

Reactions: el_gonz87

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is refugee terrorism a big problem for the US? No.

Should our government take extra measures they consider as necessary to ensure they approach a 0% incident rate? Yes.

If that hurts people's feelings, I'm sorry for you.
You aren't even saying anything right now. You could fast forward to the next administration and say literally exactly the same words and they would be just as true. Is it a big problem? No. Is it physically possible to spend more money and make the process even harder? Yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

WTF Green Card holders are included in the ban?
Yes. Oscar winners are being blocked from attending. PhD students who were visiting family back home. Families are torn apart indefinitely. The best and brightest are being told America does not want them. ISIS has to be overjoyed at America's alienation of Islam. Easier recruiting for them.

Last edited by Blood Fetish,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't even saying anything right now. You could fast forward to the next administration and say literally exactly the same words and they would be just as true. Is it a big problem? No. Is it physically possible to spend more money and make the process even harder? Yes

I'd say it in 4 years if they took no measures for the current refugee situation. I hope the process that they design is effective to keep Americans safe and fair to the refugees.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it in 4 years if they took no measures for the current refugee situation. I hope the process that they design is effective to keep Americans safe and fair to the refugees.
But you are already admitting that it isn't a big problem right now. How would you know if the new process is effective? I've had this tiger rock for four years and had very few tiger attacks so it must be effective, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves