• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New USA President!

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you are already admitting that it isn't a big problem right now. How would you know if the new process is effective? I've had this tiger rock for four years and had very few tiger attacks so it must be effective, right?

It's still a problem. One I hope my govt learns from the struggles in the EU.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How in the hell do you intend to make the vetting proccess harder?

http://time.com/4116619/syrian-refugees-screening-process/

I mean.. seriously.. you think they just hop a jet over here?
I'm not sure you'll really get a direct answer from anyone.

The process seems to play out like this:
1. You can never be perfectly secure. Everyone seems to agree.
2. An attack happens.
3. We must now throw more taxpayer money at security.
4. Goto 1.

It's a never-ending loop that involves us spending increasingly larger amounts of money for decreasingly stronger security gains.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for one.. we go about it all wrong.

Any and all our current "safty" precautions are.. well quiet simply, stupid. The TSA hasn't done a damn thing, Walls don't stop much.

We keep trying to find solution to the... Thing someone did before and we can even see. Even without throwing a whole lot of money at it, we could at least go "Wonder how they will strike next." instead of going "They did this once before... THIS IS THE ONLY ANSWER!"

Not to mention, this will only cause more home grown terrorists, and did anyone notice that the countries Drumpf left off his list are the ones that he has businesses in?

Last edited by Tigran,

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well for one.. we go about it all wrong.

Any and all our current "safty" precautions are.. well quiet simply, stupid. The TSA hasn't done a damn thing, Walls don't stop much.

We keep trying to find solution to the... Thing someone did before and we can even see. Even without throwing a whole lot of money at it, we could at least go "Wonder how they will strike next." instead of going "They did this once before... THIS IS THE ONLY ANSWER!"
The worst part is that we aren't even protecting ourselves against past risks. Literally no part of the 9/11 attacks would have been prevented by this executive order. It serves no purpose other than to pander to Trump supporters and alienate Muslims even more.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst part is that we aren't even protecting ourselves against past risks. Literally no part of the 9/11 attacks would have been prevented by this executive order. It serves no purpose other than to pander to Trump supporters and alienate Muslims even more.

Exactly.. Since Drumpf has businesses in the country the actual terrorists came from, it's not on the "No Incoming Muslim" list.

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On Aug. 21, the same day Trump created four of the Jiddah companies, he told a rally crowd in Alabama: “Saudi Arabia, I get along with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”
And his supporters just don't care.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump on Friday said that his actions would "keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States of America."
"We don't want them here," Trump said as he signed the order. "We want to ensure that we are not admitting into our country the very threats our soldiers are fighting overseas. We only want to admit those into our country who will support our country and love deeply our people."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/donald-trump-executive-order-immigration-reaction/index.html

Congrats to POTUS for making America first!

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you post that? Are you intentionally derailing the topic at hand so that you don't have to discuss it?

No derailment. This is directly related the the new US president (aka the title of the topic).

I moved on from the discussion because we just keep going in circles. Don't wanna argue.

Pointing out some of the latest achievements from our president who is putting America first!

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are pointing out the executive order that we were already in the middle of discussing? Thanks, I guess. Nothing strange about that.

Highlighting some of my favorite quotes for anyone that calls this a "Muslim" ban.

Had anyone linked it? Maybe this will provide some context behind his executive order.

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then he needs to come up with a plan for adequate screening and implement it. An immediate stay of all migration shows a staggering lack of planning or foresight, and we are witnessing the fallout from his rash decisions.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am correct, (and could easily not be) It's in effect until it goes to the Supreme court.. If it ever does. Remember, the supreme court could refuse to hear the case and thus it is never over turned.
I highly doubt it considering that President Trump's new justice (who'll most likely be the designated tiebreaker) will be picked a week from now.

Reactions: el_gonz87

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am correct, (and could easily not be) It's in effect until it goes to the Supreme court.. If it ever does. Remember, the supreme court could refuse to hear the case and thus it is never over turned.

LOL Trump is appointing the judge to give him the majority in the court. Gotta admit it was a brilliant strategy by Republicans to stave of Barack Husseins pick!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol