Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Not even a year has gone by and Nintendo has remaster 4 WiiU games. First of Mario Kart 8, then Pokken Tournament so I’m like ok that’s fine and now in this direct I was expecting virtual console games finally being announced but no! More Remastered shit. Tropical freeze and Hyrule Warriors. Like WTF?! We just got hyrule warriors not even 2 years ago (3ds) Now we are getting it again for the 3rd time? The only difference being is that you have 2 new skins and a minor upscale same with tropical freeze you only get funky kong in this version. I didn’t even last 2 minutes in this direct cuz it was straight up shit. Instead on focusing on remasters just port them to the switch via virtual console simple. You didn’t need a definitive version to a game that had so much dlc. Honestly Nintendo, we are on a new console, a console that has literally 4 new games lol. BOTW, Odyssey, Arms and splatoon 2. You need to get your shit together.
The reason for so much remasters was because there were actually good games on the Wii U. But since it was such a bad console they were either sold or never bought. Also you can't "emulate" Wii U games, even if you could, how would the Wii U gamepad work? Also Hyrule Warriors combined two versions into one and sprinkled in some new stuff.

BOTW and Splatoon were Wii U games, and a lot of people say Splatoon 2 isn't much of a sequel (at least from what I heard). You know good games take a long time to make? Super Mario Odyssey wasn't created right after the Switch released, it was actually as the Switch was made. (Hence why a lot of mechanics are in the game like HD Rumble, motion controls, etc.)

The switch is also a hybrid console, so it's great to have games I enjoyed on the Wii U be portable anywhere and still be able to play on the big screen. It also removes the Wii U gamepad which a lot of people hated.

Nintendo would've had to do this anyways and they really already announced Virtual Console with the announcement of Nintendo Switch Online. Also it was a Mini direct, meaning they didn't have much to show.

I respect Nintendo doing this and i'm glad they are. Awesome Wii U games are now being portable with some new stuff added, and they get some sales since the Wii U flopped so bad.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what is upsetting, the games are still full-priced for the remaster. They should discount it if you can prove you've purchased it for the prior system, like they did for virtual console games on the Wii U for Wii VC owners.
That would be nice, but probably not too easy for anything outside of eshop purchases.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no setup, you just plug it in. the gamepad is a screen and motion sensor
Well, waht about games that require both screens? What then?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And also, why would someone carry around 2 kilograms of plastic instead of a more powerful console that only weighs one fourth of it?

D

Deleted User

BotW is a wiiu game
its not a remaster, its a port.
anyway im also sick of remasters, because hyrule warriors could just have the new botw outfits as dlc for all the other versions,
and i want new original games instead, not virtual console, because in this forum there is emulators available to us.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
its not a remaster, its a port.
anyway im also sick of remasters, because hyrule warriors could just have the new botw outfits as dlc for all the other versions,
and i want new original games instead, not virtual console, because in this forum there is emulators available to us.
Do you think Nintendo is *only* going to release remasters for Switch? Do you even undertstand why remasters are being made?

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
why are they being remade then?
Wii U: 13.56 million sold (as of March 31 2017)
Nintendo Switch: 10 million sold only in 10-12 months

The Wii U launched on November 18 in 2012, and the Switch sold on March 3 in 2017.
It took the Wii U 5 years to sell 13.56 million consoles. The switch is almost there in less than a year.
It's safe to say the Switch will sell way more than the Wii U, meaning most people probably don't own a Wii U, or sold it.
Also the Wii U wasn't (also) portable, the Nintendo Switch is both.

It's kinda obvious that selling remasters would be good for users who haven't gotten the switch, or users who want Wii U games to be portable.

D

Deleted User

Wii U: 13.56 million sold (as of March 31 2017)
Nintendo Switch: 10 million sold only in 10-12 months

The Wii U launched on November 18 in 2012, and the Switch sold on March 3 in 2017.
It took the Wii U 5 years to sell 13.56 million consoles. The switch is almost there in less than a year.
It's safe to say the Switch will sell way more than the Wii U, meaning most people probably don't own a Wii U, or sold it.
Also the Wii U wasn't (also) portable, the Nintendo Switch is both.

It's kinda obvious that selling remasters would be good for users who haven't gotten the switch, or users who want Wii U games to be portable.
Oh ok.

Reactions: Jacklack3

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't see a problem with re-releasing Wii U games to the Switch. Since the Wii U was garbage, not many people owned one. The Wii U did have some decent games so it would make sense if they re-released them so people can have a chance to play on their Switch. If they release Sm4sh on the Switch, I hope they add more features and continue adding DLC content. Wouldn't mind Mario Maker being ported to the Switch either. They kinda screwed up the 3DS release. >.>

D

Deleted User

I don't see a problem with re-releasing Wii U games to the Switch. Since the Wii U was garbage, not many people owned one. The Wii U did have some decent games so it would make sense if they re-released them so people can have a chance to play on their Switch. If they release Sm4sh on the Switch, I hope they add more features and continue adding DLC content. Wouldn't mind Mario Maker being ported to the Switch either. They kinda screwed up the 3DS release. >.>
This post makes sense but I think all DLC in Smash would be included instead, and the future DLC (if it comes) should be cheaper. 5 dollars for 3 costumes are not worth it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm not annoyed that there are remasters. I'm annoyed that people didn't buy the Wii U and are playing these games for the first time on the Switch. The Wii U is/was a good system, and clearly it has/had a great library of games of they're being ported to the Switch.

I will hear people talk about how much they play Mario Kart on the Switch, and I'll think to myself, "Where were you when the Wii U was drowning?"
I don't owe anything to Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft, I didn't want a Wii u because it didn't have enough game that interest me, so in that case is great because I can play bayonetta 2 and metroid prime 4 in the same system, I don't need to buy a Wii u and switch for that, if I were a Wii u owner I would wonder if even was worthwhile to have the system in the first place just because of bayonetta 2

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet Another Anti Port Topic.

Why does it bother you so much if other people get to enjoy ports in a new device? Its not like if there wasnt new first party games.

BoTW, Odyssey, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Kirby, Mario Tennis, Pikmin, Metroid 4, Bayonetta 3, Pokemon.

Its a LOT of games for one company.

And all you guys do is focusing on stuff that you don't need. While you dont need them, other people might want them. The mere fact that VC is highly awaited demonstrates that people WANT old games on their new devices.

At the very least you should straight up talk about the only real issue here, the price you have to pay to reacquire them, but ports as a concept are not a bad thing at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That would be a smart move to release sm4sh as a port and keep improving it. Many indie games do that and are still doing very well. There is not much justification for reworking a game from scratch given they would perform very similarly anyway. Just add a story mode, a melee mode with melee like gameplay, new characters and stage and keep offering new content throughout the lifetime of the switch, and Sm4sh will become the killer game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-