Detroit become human
Spiderman
Last of us 2
Dissidia NT
Ghost of Tsuhima
God of war
Medevil
Yakuza 6

LOL 10 exclusive AAA games just off the top of my head and that is just 2018 not all previous years and all future years
Most of those are unreleased, and yet you'll only list 2017 games for Switch. Stop trying to fuck with me.

Last edited by Xzi,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You don't need a high-end gaming PC for CEMU, you could even go pretty cheap on a PC for that purpose (and other emulators) by focusing on CPU power. Upgrade it later for other stuff if wanted.
You need a high end CPU at the very least. That costs way more than $80, and if you're on a mobo with an older socket you need to update your mobo (and maybe RAM) as well.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You need a high end CPU at the very least. That costs way more than $80, and if you're on a mobo with an older socket you need to update your mobo (and maybe RAM) as well.
Sure, but if money was your absolute biggest concern, you could just hack a Wii that costs like $20 and gives you ~2/3rds of a what a hacked WiiU gives you. Plus (IMO) is just a better console to have around. Again all that is covered by Dolphin, though, so max versatility is still on PC.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, the fact of the matter is a lot of people missed out on the Wii U and Nintendo knows it. Porting these games likely doesn't take too much work, and its a good way to give some fantastic games a second lease on life, especially whey you consider how few people got to try those Wii U games since they never owned the system. Beyond that, I think realistically Nintendo might have only 2 more Wii U ports to announce: Super Mario Maker and Super Smash Bros, though perhaps Smash has evolved into an entirely new title at this point (I could see that being possible). Otherwise the only other Wii U games they could consider would be Pikmin 3 and maybe Captain Toad, but honestly I don't see Nintendo doing those two titles. So I say let them get these games out of the way, I really doubt the time and resources being sent on these remasters is taking away much from other great games that Nintendo may be developing.

Reactions: kingaz

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me either implement backwards compatibility, or do what their doing now which is releasing better versions of the wii u games

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but if money was your absolute biggest concern, you could just hack a Wii that costs like $20 and gives you ~2/3rds of a what a hacked WiiU gives you. Plus (IMO) is just a better console to have around. Again all that is covered by Dolphin, though, so max versatility is still on PC.

Wii games look pretty painful without upscaling unfortunately.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo sees the Wii U as a "skipped" console. Many people just simply didn't buy the Wii U. They're seeking to capitalize on that portion of the market by remastering games on Switch for people who never got to play them on the Wii U. It's actually a pretty efficient use of their development resources because obviously remasters are much easier to spit out quickly than brand new games. Having a good selection of games early on sets up the Switch's trajectory in a positive direction going forward. The Wii U had some pretty great games, the problem was that they were spaced too far apart - Nintendo is rectifying that by bringing quality games to the Switch early on.

The remaster strategy doesn't work terribly great for people who already owned a Wii U... But if you owned the game on Wii U, you're not really the target here. In fact, people who owned Wii U's are going to be pretty easy to convert even without a ton of new games because we recognize that the Switch is everything the Wii U should have been, and that the Switch has a much brighter future ahead of it.

I think Nintendo knows exactly what they're doing with remasters and they're doing a good job at it, so let's not get all up in arms over nothing. The new games will come - Nintendo is setting things up for that. Have some patience.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They still haven't re-released the ones that really matter for them.
Smash and Mario Maker would sell pretty darn well, but for some reason they prefer to rerelease Pokken instead.

I could care less about SSB and Maker, but even from a financial standpoint I can see how stupid that decision was, but whatever xD
It's not stupid. Releasing them NOw it's stupid.

It's all a matter of timing. You need to correctly pace when to release your big guns, and Ninty knows Smash and MM will sell, port, "definitive edition" or sequel, if not a combination of the last one and another.

D

Deleted User

The only thing Nintendo needs to stop doing is, well, nothing since it seems to be working for them...

Wii U ports are great. Usually it is the best sellers that were on the Wii U, and they will probably sell more copies on the Switch than they have for the Wii U between those who didn't pick up the Wii U and those who just want to rebuy.

It also makes the release schedule look fuller.
Within the next 1-2 years I believe they will either port or create sequels to SSB4 and SMM

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about DKC:TF? That's a great Wii U game, from what I've played of it, but I wasn't going to buy a Wii U just to play it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BotW is a wiiu game
It's both, but it's better on the Switch.
In your (lack of) logic, we could also say they ported a Switch game to the Wii U.

D

Deleted User

It's both, but it's better on the Switch.
In your (lack of) logic, we could also say they ported a Switch game to the Wii U.
They didn't. Here is why:
The original footage for BotW as revealed long before the Switch was even conceptualized. It was dubbed "Zelda 2015" iirc. When they realized that the Wii U was not selling well enough for this to be a huge success, they delayed it for Nintendo's next maneuver. During this time, they optimized it to run at better specs that would soon be possible on the Switch. In fact, they removed some of the Wii U only features so that it would be possible for the Switch. It was similar to Twilight Princess on Wii/GCN, but was one a port to the other? No. Was one better? Yes. (GCN)

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
getting a used wii u and some wii u games would cost less then buying a few of these ports. Only get the wii u ports that add in enough stuff to be worth the price.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo sees the Wii U as a "skipped" console. Many people just simply didn't buy the Wii U. They're seeking to capitalize on that portion of the market by remastering games on Switch for people who never got to play them on the Wii U. It's actually a pretty efficient use of their development resources because obviously remasters are much easier to spit out quickly than brand new games. Having a good selection of games early on sets up the Switch's trajectory in a positive direction going forward. The Wii U had some pretty great games, the problem was that they were spaced too far apart - Nintendo is rectifying that by bringing quality games to the Switch early on.

The remaster strategy doesn't work terribly great for people who already owned a Wii U... But if you owned the game on Wii U, you're not really the target here. In fact, people who owned Wii U's are going to be pretty easy to convert even without a ton of new games because we recognize that the Switch is everything the Wii U should have been, and that the Switch has a much brighter future ahead of it.

I think Nintendo knows exactly what they're doing with remasters and they're doing a good job at it, so let's not get all up in arms over nothing. The new games will come - Nintendo is setting things up for that. Have some patience.
Well its a good time now to get a used wii u and the wii u will lower and lower in price. Thats the good thing about picking up the previous gen console the games are going to be cheaper there aren't going to be any new games made of it but theres a ton of grea wii u games that won't be full price. just because it did not sell well doesn't mean it doen't have good games.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's so many other actual fights to be picking if you wanna fight injustices... and people choose to complain about... ports, something that literally don't impact them if they don't want it.

Consumers in general enjoy ports. Whether the complainers here want it or not they do. Game companies would not be pulling ports if people didn't want them.

i kinda of feel bad for op, everyone in this thread is an insufferable loser, more sick upvotes for them i guess lol

anyways OP you kind of got your answer, the market has accepted remasters, keep this in mind before you invest in consoles and games because a better version might come out later. like the 3ds and new 3ds, even consoles get remasters LOL. let nintendo milk them dry.

Loser of what? Almost 3/4 of the people who voted aren't annoyed about ports.

No need to be salty because some people see value in ports and you don't. Pretending to lose value of old games because a better version comes out is pure hypocrisy. Almost EVERY good you buy lose value over time, that includes games.
You can still play the same game that you bought a year ago. Nothing changed, there is no scam or anything, just new versions of hardware of software, that you can either buy or not.

Computer hardware and software have been doing that for ages and people don't complain, Office 2017 is an improvement over 2013, but you still gotta pay for it. When you buy a new generation intel cpu, you still pay full price.
But nope, for games it's evil, how dare they offering their games on new hardware. How dare they tease you with new shiny versions of the games you like.

And one last thing because this new generation of players really seem to not understand it... if there's nobody to pay a game full price, or to finance a game early on, these games will NOT make money, WON'T be updated, and at the end all the whining about milking and all will only produce one result: Less games and lesser quality.

Last edited by deinonychus71,
Reactions: Yoni Arousement

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people do want to play mario kart 8 again, and for the first time. I owned it on the wii u. bought it again. A lot of people have done the same on the ps4 with the ps3. There is LITERALLY no downside to this. AT ALL. Why people are complaining is beyond me...

because we're not going to get a Mario kart switch we're just stuck with Mario kart 8 again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...