Gaming NSMBU and Nintendo Land News

D

Deleted_171835

We are getting 2 NSMB games in a year, that's even worse than CoD
You're looking at it wrong. We've only had 1 NSMB game per platform.

Becuase the Wii U is launching, NSMB U is coming out in the same year as NSMB 2. But unlike COD, there won't be any more NSMB games.

Reactions: 1 person

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Becuase the Wii U is launching, NSMB U is coming out in the same year as NSMB 2. But unlike COD, there won't be any more NSMB games.

I woudn't bet a dime on that.

In my opinion, If it was for release just one NSMB for each system, Nintendo wouldn't have put team b on NSMB2 developing, or release both NSMB2 and NSMBU on the same year.
I bet Nintendo will do a new NSMB for 3DS in 2 or 3 years.

D

Deleted_171835

In my opinion, If it was for release just one NSMB for each system, Nintendo wouldn't have put team b on NSMB2 developing, or release both NSMB2 and NSMBU on the same year.
It wasn't the B-team. Just because they weren't experienced developers like Miyamoto doesn't mean they are a B-team.

Both games already (will) support(s) DLC so there is no need to release more NSMB games.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It wasn't the B-team. Just because they weren't experienced developers like Miyamoto doesn't mean they are a B-team.

Both games already (will) support(s) DLC so there is no need to release more NSMB games.

It was the B-Team.
There were just a few experienced members, the rest were noobs who never made a Mario game.
While the A-Team was developing NSMBU, the B-Team was developing the NSMB2.
That explains why it was possible to release 2 NSMB games the same year, and the quality difference between WiiU version and 3DS version

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It was the B-Team.
There were just a few experienced members, the rest were noobs who never made a Mario game.
That explains why it was possible to release 2 NSMB games the same year, and the quality difference between WiiU version and 3DS version

It was less them the B team. It was the Mario Cram School

but it doesn't mean that the game is all that bad though

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It was the B-Team.

It was less them the B team. It was the Mario Cram School

but it doesn't mean that the game is all that bad though

It doesn't mean the game is bad, but it's indeed bad.

D

Deleted_171835

It was the B-Team.
Saying they are the B-team is implying that the team isn't very good. Which isn't true as the level-design in the game is excellent.

They are new to developing Mario platformers by they are by no means shit. If you're going to hate on NSMB2, give some valid complaints like the art-style or music. The platforming is still very very good.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It was the B-Team.
Saying they are the B-team is implying that the team isn't very good. Which isn't true as the level-design in the game is excellent.

They are new to developing Mario platformers by they are by no means shit. If you're going to hate on NSMB2, give some valid complaints like the art-style or music. The platforming is still very very good.

I said a thoushand times the reasons why this game sucks,
you probably already saw some of these posts,
if you want I'll tell you again.
It's not because it's developed by the B-Team that it's a bad game

D

Deleted_171835

The game doesn't suck, it just doesn't look as good as NSMBU. It's pretty lazy in terms of art-style and music but in terms of what matters the most, the platforming, it's stellar.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game doesn't suck, it just doesn't look as good as NSMBU. It's pretty lazy in terms of art-style and music but in terms of what matters the most, the platforming, it's stellar.

No it's not.
No innovation or originality.
Repeatitive gameplay.
Not a single new power-up.
No Wii power-ups.
No Yoshi or baby yoshi.
Not a single new music.
Ugly graphics.
3D is non-existent
The secrets are hidden in the same damn predictable places(ghost houses, castles, hidden-blocks in a row of blocks...).
The game is too short

This game feel more of the same,
it looks more like an extension to NSMB DS than a new game of the series.

I'm trully dissapointed with this game,
and do not recommend it for anyone.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not.
Repeatitive gameplay.
No Wii power-ups.
No Yoshi or baby yoshi.
Not a single new music.
Ugly graphics.
3D is non-existent
The secrets are hidden in the same damn predictable places(ghost houses, castles, hidden-blocks in a row of blocks...).
The game is too short

The flying squirrel suit is new to NSMBWU. Every NSMB game has had new items along with new music. Sure it's based on the original theme, but that goes with any game series.

Ugly graphics is your opinion. The game's colors are extremely vivid, as with most Nintendo first party games. Even though it's a side-scroller, the 3D is in there and is a nice blend of 2D/3D.

Of course it feels like an extension of the NSMB series, as it is one. Stop hating on the color purple just for being the color purple. Get what I mean? If not, no need to respond.

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not.
Repeatitive gameplay.
No Wii power-ups.
No Yoshi or baby yoshi.
Not a single new music.
Ugly graphics.
3D is non-existent
The game is too short

The flying squirrel suit is new to NSMBWU. Every NSMB game has had new items along with new music. Sure it's based on the original theme, but that goes with any game series.

Ugly graphics is your opinion. The game's colors are extremely vivid, as with most Nintendo first party games. Even though it's a side-scroller, the 3D is in there and is a nice blend of 2D/3D.

Of course it feels like an extension of the NSMB series, as it is one. Stop hating on the color purple just for being the color purple. Get what I mean? If not, no need to respond.

He's talking about NSMB2, but yeah, he's wrong either way.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No it's not.
Repeatitive gameplay.
No Wii power-ups.
No Yoshi or baby yoshi.
Not a single new music.
Ugly graphics.
3D is non-existent
The game is too short

As @DonnyKD said, I'm talking about NSMB2.
NSMBU looks amazing and I wish it was for 3DS(of course considering much lower resolution and other limitations)

He's talking about NSMB2, but yeah, he's wrong either way.

It does not make sense saying I'm wrong with no argument to support it.

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VMM said:
It does not make sense saying I'm wrong with no argument to support it.

OK, lets dissect your argument:

VMM said:
No innovation or originality. Implying that a game needs to be original or innovative to be good. By that logic, Uncharted 3 and God of War 3 sucks.
Repeatitive gameplay. What?
Not a single new powerup. Gold Flower.
No Wii power-ups. I don't see how that's a bad thing.
No Yoshi or baby yoshi. Yeah, I'd like Yoshi in the game, too.
Not a single new music. The World Mushroom/Flower/Star map themes.
Ugly graphics. Yeah, no.
3D is non-existent A con indefinitely.
The secrets are hidden in the same damn predictable places(ghost houses, castles, hidden-blocks in a row of blocks...). Yeah, they're so predictable. I instantly knew I had to hit that flying block, and then ride it into the sky.
The game is too short OK, another con.

So two cons and eight things you TRY to make it seem like cons.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention that NSMB2 is a bit more difficult than the previous iterations. The Rainbow courses are a joke, just to get more coins quickly. The Mushroom, Flower and Star worlds are where it's at. It is definitely not the same old. Plus they added back the raccoon suit.

As for the game being short, yes, it always will be. It will never be as long as a regular Super Mario game. As for no 3D, well, as I said before, it's all they can do with a 2D side-scroller.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to mention that NSMB2 is a bit more difficult than the previous iterations. The Rainbow courses are a joke, just to get more coins quickly. The Mushroom, Flower and Star worlds are where it's at. It is definitely not the same old. Plus they added back the raccoon suit.

As for the game being short, yes, it always will be. It will never be as long as a regular Super Mario game. As for no 3D, well, as I said before, it's all they can do with a 2D side-scroller.
Please tell me you're talking about the coin rush mode. Because if you actually find NSMB2 difficult...

Then I sorta pity you.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please tell me you're talking about the coin rush mode. Because if you actually find NSMB2 difficult...

Then I sorta pity you.

I said a bit more difficult than previous iterations. The previous iterations weren't difficult either. This one is less less difficult though.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As for no 3D, well, as I said before, it's all they can do with a 2D side-scroller.
I'm sorry, but that's just not true. Have you ever played Mutant Mudds, Mighty Switch Force, or 3D Classics: Kid Icarus? Every single one of those games pull off at LEAST halfway decent 3D, and they all use sprites. Heck, Mutant Mudds has PHENOMENAL 3D, and it only uses 12-bit graphics. They could have easily pulled off great 3D if they wanted, but they didn't. Heck, it would have been really cool if you saw coins "spray" out of the screen during certain parts where coins are everywhere, for example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu