• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

opinions on teaching about lgbtq+ in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You know? The intelligence on this topic has long since gone. I mean, I have no problem with people doing whathever they strike fancy. I grow up that way, and with no school involved with those topics. You want peace? give peace. If someone or something troubles you, stand up for it or ask for help.

But now, it looks like all of those groups DEMAND attention, not just being accepted. That is the problem.

Since I was a child, there have been gays, lesbians, bisexuals, you name it. One chooses what to believe, what to do, with whom you will be friends. That's it. No more needs to be said. I have a peaceful life thinking this way. I educated my kids like this, too. But look at the news!! Some lgtb groups did this, some lesbians done that, some others have appeared because one word offended them... That kind of thing is what destroyed every intelligent thing to say about this.

I learned and share the knowledge of live and let die, but the lgtb groups don't. So, who is the problematic side here? Society was a bit more calm when all of this topics were less talked about.

I don't want to start a discussion. Just sharing my two cents.
The reason you had a "calm" time prior was because you didn't know the struggles queer people faced. If you'd like a fun history lesson read up what lead to the stonewall riots, because that stuff happened in all of the US and just boiled over there.

If people didn't get ostraziced and discriminated against for not being straight they wouldn't have to make so much noise.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah

Again, their trying to lump pedophiles with the LGBTQ community is an act of projection which I've provided evidence for.
yeah, they maps made their flag very similar to the trans one, probably to try to harm us

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
THe hypocrisy is wild ngl, alot of them say that we support "Maps" (basically just pedophiles). But if anything we are against that, the maps tried to make they flag look like the trans flag, they tried to associate with us.
@RAHelllord (i thought i replied to u but i didnt)
Yeah I'm familiar with MAPS, I have had the pleasure of banning more than a few of those people from the site I work on.

And yeah, it's deliberate. 99% of the people that call themselves maps are just trolls trying to discredit the LGBTQIA+ movements, and the rest are people that desperately need help and fell for the trolls.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
The reason you had a "calm" time prior was because you didn't know the struggles queer people faced. If you'd like a fun history lesson read up what lead to the stonewall riots, because that stuff happened in all of the US and just boiled over there.

If people didn't get ostraziced and discriminated against for not being straight they wouldn't have to make so much noise.
Don't be a bad chap judging other peoples lives. Everything has a context. Of course I know the struggles, but I'm not gay so I'm not part of them, nor do I looked for them. I don't need fun history lessons, I paid my own dues and struggled in my own life, but I don't want all the world looking at me for doing so.

Every people fight for their beliefs, but please, don't try to push them into another people.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm familiar with MAPS, I have had the pleasure of banning more than a few of those people from the site I work on.

And yeah, it's deliberate. 99% of the people that call themselves maps are just trolls trying to discredit the LGBTQIA+ movements, and the rest are people that desperately need help and fell for the trolls.
yeah, they are trying to say we support maps(its the opposite, we hate them)

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yeah, it sort of reads like "I preferred it when anyone who wasn't straight stayed in the closet where they belong so I didn't have to feel uncomfortable with reality". 2016 saw the mainstream legitimization of the voices of fear, anger, and bigotry, along with the near-total disregard for truth, science, education, decency, respect, and civil discourse, leading to where we are today, where roughly half the population deems it acceptable to openly attack marginalized groups/people.

Reactions: Bunjolio

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't be a bad chap judging other peoples lives. Everything has a context. Of course I know the struggles, but I'm not gay so I'm not part of them, nor do I looked for them. I don't need fun history lessons, I paid my own dues and struggled in my own life, but I don't want all the world looking at me for doing so.

Every people fight for their beliefs, but please, don't try to push them into another people.
Some people have it statistically much harder, even in areas where they shouldn't be any difference. Like adoption, getting married (and thus being able to inherit from your life partner, make important medical decisions in emergencies, etc), not getting denied service at restaurants or similar, or just straight up being lynched for loving the wrong person.

When was the last time you heard of a straight person getting lynched for being straight? Meanwhile it still happens all too often in the US for gay people.

Reactions: Bunjolio

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I actually care about such topics and I don't want the topics being used as toilet paper for trolling. I'm not the only one here that knows what's going on with all this spam shit.
i dont think any of us are trolling..

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Before they know?". That's fucked up. That's projecting onto them that they are wrong before they have a chance to express otherwise.

If a kid is happy, suggesting that they are being manipulated is not doing them a favor.

Yep I feel the same about this as I felt about the, "Just say no to drugs!" propaganda in the 80's. It forces young people to take a side on an issue they'd otherwise not even had reason to consider yet. And some personalities are just born contrarian.

Most people here have probably never seen the movie "Heathers" but there's a scene where the school guidance counselor is pushing a campaign called, "Teen Suicide - Don't Do It!" and she says, "Whether or not to kill themselves is one of the most important decisions a teenager today has to make."

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My sister was a teacher in an inclusive classroom. She didn't force anyone to "take a side". She just respected her students, regardless of their sexual or gender orientation. However, just today she said she wouldn't want to be teaching today and facing the backlash and threats from angry, misinformed, parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch