• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

opinions on teaching about lgbtq+ in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Authentically warped. What age? Still havent heard your response on that. They're children!
are you saying just because they are children that they cant identify a certain way?
Post automatically merged:

For you people calling this kid a sick fuck for being supportive of LGBTQ+ people and asking some genuine questions, can you, at the very least, think of it this way:
Have you ever had a "phase" as a kid, where you're really into something like monster trucks or being emo or whatever? Think of being LGBTQ+ as that. Of course, it might not be a phase, they might stick with this and you have to be accepting of that. But at least treat it as if it is one. Let them explore how they feel in a safe way and stop swearing at them and cursing their very existence, please, you ignorant bigots.
As an 18 year old bisexual guy, I respect you, OP. I hope you have a thicker skin than I do because these people really piss me off
Thanks for the support, sometimes i play a roblox lgbtq hangout game and i hear alot of stuff, but usually that stuff isnt backed up, this stuff is a bit more, to be honest, i didnt come prepared for any of this

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For you people calling this kid a sick fuck for being supportive of LGBTQ+ people and asking some genuine questions, can you, at the very least, think of it this way:
Have you ever had a "phase" as a kid, where you're really into something like monster trucks or being emo or whatever? Think of being LGBTQ+ as that. Of course, it might not be a phase, they might stick with this and you have to be accepting of that. But at least treat it as if it is one. Let them explore how they feel in a safe way and stop swearing at them and cursing their very existence, please, you ignorant bigots.
As an 18 year old bisexual guy, I respect you, OP. I hope you have a thicker skin than I do because these people really piss me off
We're not talking about Trucks! We're talking about curriculum for children. He can discuss whatever he wants with his peers. Teachers can not. Let them be about the 3 Rs and the arts. Let the kids be kids. I was 15 when i had my first girlfriend. She was 15. That's fine. Kids being kids. Could you imagine if the teacher got involved in any fashion? Heads would roll!

15 year olds is a little less alarming. But some of the fools are implying much younger. They are kids. Paw patrol or HRT? Jesus.

concept8192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like, when your parents saw how extremely into monster trucks you were as a kid, in this analogy, did they ever tell you you should go to hell for enjoying that? I see literally no difference between that and how this is being handled. Obviously none of us know this person but they're clearly making their own decisions. You weren't "groomed" into liking monster trucks, your family was just supportive when you saw them on TV and bought you some matchbox cars. They didn't let you actually drive a monster truck but it's pretty fun to pretend you are and imagine what it's like. This analogy is falling apart but my point is it should be handled the same way in my opinion. If your parents support you, they can hopefully find safe places for you.

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow. Authentically warped. What age? Still havent heard your response on that. They're children!
Almost done in terms of abiding by the principle of charity.

Guess what...?

MAJOR NEWS FLASH HERE!

Huge Spoiler Alert!

Hetero-binary people grab a pillow!

Some children are actually gay, lesbian, bi, transgender, etc... and many realize it before puberty... and so do their friends and others, even teachers. So, recognizing this fact about children, teachers provide an inclusive educational environment, so these children can be themselves. Now, if "letting children be children" means forcing them to adhere to hetero-binary norms, then we have a fundamental disagreement on the meaning of the phrase.

Reactions: concept8192

concept8192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're not talking about Trucks! We're talking about curriculum for children. He can discuss whatever he wants with his peers. Teachers can not. Let them be about the 3 Rs and the arts. Let the kids be kids. I was 15 when i had my first girlfriend. She was 15. That's fine. Kids being kids. Could you imagine if the teacher got involved in any fashion? Heads would roll!

15 year olds is a little less alarming. But some of the fools are implying much younger. They are kids. Paw patrol or HRT? Jesus.
no one said the teacher would "get involved" you creep. the point is that the teacher wouldn't tell kids they're going to hell for being gay. the point is to be respectful

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i mean, ive been bisexual since like.. 2021, so i was 13 when i discovered myself

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you saying just because they are children that they cant identify a certain way?

Thanks for the support, sometimes i play a roblox lgbtq hangout game and i hear alot of stuff, but usually that stuff isnt backed up, this stuff is a bit more, to be honest, i didnt come prepared for any of this
How young? Yes,im saying 8 year olds have no clue and leave them the hell alone. 16 is the age of consent in many states so 15 is somewhat reasonable. Are you playing with TMNT toys?

concept8192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How young? Yes,im saying 8 year olds have no clue and leave them the hell alone. 16 is the age of consent in many states so 15 is somewhat reasonable. Are you playing with TMNT toys?
what are you talking about? did anyone ask for in-depth sex ed for 8 year olds??? I sure didn't, and we're on the same side thinking that would be gross

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know an age. Im just saying IF they discover something about themselves at a younger age. I mean i learned im bisexual when i was 13

concept8192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they are. That's the thread
Teaching these concepts is involved. You're the creep for advocating it. Christ
no!! it isn't!!
all we're saying is don't explicitly teach either concept!! just say you can love who you love of any gender if you want!!

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ty
i dont know an age. Im just saying IF they discover something about themselves at a younger age. I mean i learned im bisexual when i was 13
You're ok. Just know thats too young for alot of kids. Your teacher should not be talking about it.
no!! it isn't!!
all we're saying is don't explicitly teach either concept!! just say you can love who you love of any gender if you want!!
That's what you're saying. There has been more said here. The kids don't need any of it. Teach them to respect everyone. Always. No matter how different they are. Always. And that will do. Leave them alone about sex. They dont need your opinion.

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just have to say, you kids are the future... you get it. Please make this world a better place. Sorry you have to live with some of the older folks who messed things up and have their heads stuck in the sand (nice way to put it) and are just holding everyone back.

Reactions: KingVamp

concept8192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just have to say, you kids are the future... you get it. Please make this world a better place. Sorry you have to live with some of the older folks who messed things up and have their heads stuck in the sand (nice way to put it) and are just holding everyone back.
Thank you. I try to be optimistic about it but even when every boomer dies, their ideology will live on forever. When people are taught to be hateful like that, their kids and grandkids will too. There are plenty of kids who think the same way and it feels hopeless sometimes

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Almost done in terms of abiding by the principle of charity.

Guess what...?

MAJOR NEWS FLASH HERE!

Huge Spoiler Alert!

Hetero-binary people grab a pillow!

Some children are actually gay, lesbian, bi, transgender, etc... and many realize it before puberty... and so do their friends and others, even teachers. So, recognizing this fact about children, teachers provide an inclusive educational environment, so these children can be themselves. Now, if "letting children be children" means forcing them to adhere to hetero-binary norms, then we have a fundamental disagreement on the meaning of the phrase.
Kids being transgender, now that's crossing a line. When a kid is transgender we all know it is because of influence by the parents or others, what if a kid says he is a unicorn? Would you accept that and see him as a horse? What's so wrong about adhering to the norms which have been the same for millennia until they can reason and choose from themselves? Why can a kid be trans but not be able to have tattoos? See where I'm going? Kids are too young to know what or who they are. Let them grow before making a huge mistake in the heat of the moment. Why can't the lgbtq just leave kids alone? Why can't they be just kids? It's not hate, it's not bigotry, it's looking out for a collective that can be easily influenced by things they see or by people, at least let them decide after they turn 18

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kids being transgender, now that's crossing a line. When a kid is transgender we all know it is because of influence by the parents or others, what if a kid says he is a unicorn? Would you accept that and see him as a horse? What's so wrong about adhering to the norms which have been the same for millennia until they can reason and choose from themselves? Why can a kid be trans but not be able to have tattoos? See where I'm going? Kids are too young to know what or who they are. Let them grow before making a huge mistake in the heat of the moment. Why can't the lgbtq just leave kids alone? Why can't they be just kids? It's not hate, it's not bigotry, it's looking out for a collective that can be easily influenced by things they see or by people, at least let them decide after they turn 18
you are forgetting about the many teenagers that are already in the lgbtq(myself included) that arent 18

no!! it isn't!!
exactly

sadly alot of gen z already has homophobic and transphobic beliefs... its sad

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
you are forgetting about the many teenagers that are already in the lgbtq(myself included) that arent 18
Yeah but I was talking about trans, you said you aren't so in your case you made the decision to be bisexual, it was not suggested, influenced or imposed by parents or other adults. Being bisexual is not a problem, but having surgery because they think they're trans is, because mutilation is permanent

Reactions: mikefor20

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some kids are simply transgender, full stop, not because of culture or indoctrination. Many feel this way since birth. It's just part of their identity, who they really are... like being a hetero male is probably part of who you are. They just know it and know they are different. It isn't some arbitrary choice or preference. It's just reality, the reality that some people identify differently, but apparently not part of your personal reality. I can recognize and respect that other people have different experiences and identities. We can either respect that and support them or deny it and make their lives miserable. Totally different matter than tattoos.

I strongly urge anyone who believes this nonsense to read personal accounts from transgender people. It will be enlightening.

Reactions: Bunjolio

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but I was talking about trans, you said you aren't so in your case you made the decision to be bisexual, it was not suggested, influenced or imposed by parents or other adults. Being bisexual is not a problem, but having surgery because they think they're trans is, because mutilation is permanent
what makes you think that other teenagers being trans is from parents, i knew someone in a grade below me who was trans, cool girl ngl, i also have a friend from tiktok who is trans, also they are under 18 too sooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol