[POLL] Do you prefer physical games or digital games?

Do you prefer physical games or digital games?

• Physical Games

Votes: 60 56.6%
  • Digital Games

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Both

Votes: 31 29.2%

• Total voters

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer physical games because I like to collect artboxes. A digital is annoying and take up the space and not fun because you can't have an artboxes to enjoyed to look at.

I dont understand people selling their physical games. I buy the physical games that I love like God of War series and I never sell physical games at all. Why should I ? If people want to sell physical games then they should use digital instead because I have seen many used physical games are being damage like cover and scratches discs as well. No, they should buy a digital games instead if they dont know how to take care of physical games at all or just want to sell it.

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: PrincessLillie

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Digital on pc, physical on console.

I'd go digital on console except the prices are a piss take. Not paying £10-15 more just for digital.

D

Deleted User

If we are talking about consoles i usually get 4-5 games physical and the others digital.

D

Deleted User

Digital. It's more convenient, easier, and accessible. I care about the game, not the packaging or any of that crap.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On playstation 4, it kinda doesn't matter to me. Even if i do buy the disc, the game data dumps a huge load into the HDD to even play the game, unlike ps3 where most games didn't have to always install data, some was optional just for loading time boost, and some was mandatory. I can guarantee most of people ps4 and xbox one is just taken up by those disc which is usually much larger than those download only exclusives.

On nintendo systems, especially switch, you have systems with low internal storage and kinda pressure you to get a SD card (HDD for wii u) to even have a library of more than a few games. But least the retail games don't dump data on your system. I been smart and buying the games that can only be gotten by download (Which is usually smaller in size) and games that have retail option. (except sonic mania, I didn't know the retail one was planned.)

Most of what remains the same is being able to resell or trade the game, but for someone who never really does that with his games, is almost a pain to have all the disc, then all the data install on the ps4 HDD and still need to swap them to play each game. Wonder how cheap can i get for a HDD upgrade. :wtf:

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I can see the benefits of going to a digital only future.

It saves the limited recources we have on this planet needed to create physical copies. And we need to take care of our environment.

It benefits developers because they won’t have to waste money to produce and manufacture physical copies.

It saves lots of space. I can have thousands of games on a HDD or a SD card, that I wouldn’t have the space in my house to store all of those games if I got them as physical copies.

Quick access to all my games in one place. I don’t need to shuffle through hundreds or cartridges or discs to find the game I want to play. And no need to constantly switch out the game every time I want to play a new one. And for portable consoles I don’t need to bring lots of cartridges when I go out.

The only negative I see is the original digital stores closing down. And you won’t be able to re-download the games if your HDD fails or you loose your SD card. And HDD fail quicker than actual cartridges and discs.

But nowadays people hack consoles and back up games digitally. So I don’t mind re-downloading a game off an ISO site, that I originally bought but can’t download anymore because the digital store is now closed. Technically illegal but since I already bought the game I have no guilt.

So in short digital for me.

D

Deleted User

While I prefer physical copies I wish the Switch was digital only. The game carts jack up the prices of the games and physical copies have longer load times.
What if the platform you're playing on doesn't support cloud saves? (I'm looking at you, Nintendo Switch.)
The save is stored on the system memory, not the game cart. We will get Cloud saves pretty soon.

snails1221

LOVE EVERYONE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a collection of physical games feels a lot more satisfying than digital. Plus you can sell a physical game if you get bored of it or if you're selling the console it's for.

Reactions: chocoboss

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I forgot that a re-selling / trading games is also an advantage

I also forgot in this case : at PSP bring aller tout umd was notre really cool if you have many. Being able to dump them was cool, you never forgot one if you have a big memory card

Last edited by chocoboss,

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want my games

Physical games can be broken, lost, scratched, etc

Digital games are comparable to putting all of your eggs in one basket. I lost 20+GB of games when my 3DS' sd card got fucked by a defective reader.

Reactions: chocoboss

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Physical as much as possible.
They become my possession, and it's always possible to resell years later, after the console/online service is discontinued (wii shop anyone?), Or find them for cheap used.

Digital is very convenient, but the day you lose Steam, bye bye 200+ games, you only had a licence to download them. Also you can't sell digital games, as far as I know. Meanwhile, a stack of games on my shelves could lead to very quick bucks at any moment.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Temperal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I prefer physical games over digital ones. If there is a physical I pick that up over a digital version. When I bought my 3ds I got a Zelda edition Link Between Worlds, and I was disappointed it was a code only. I've since bought the physical copy. Snow if the game is strictly digital, I'll be okay getting it. The only thing I worry is if the server is taken down, and no longer be able to down load it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I prefer physical over digital for the simple reason that I can play a physical game on whichever console (from the same family that is) I want to. A digital game is "engaged" to a console ID, so then I would need to buy it for each console I own to be able to play it whenever I'd want.

This reminds me of the junk games of XBOX One and PS4, as they are using the physical disks as DRM keys, and you need to download the whole games from their servers to be able to play, that sucks!!!
That's why it's not on my plans to get any of those junk consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :wacko: rolling?