Hardware Misc Review Ps vita registers analogue stick input, but there is no analogue stick connected to the motherboard...

Fyndss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hey,

I recently found my old ps vita I used to play on around 10 years ago. I charged it up and jailbreak-ed it. And decided to fix the stick drift before i install any games.

As you can see from the video:

I fully disconnected the right board and there still an analogue input on the motherboard. I have no idea what is going on, anyone knows what is going on pls? I removed all the ribbon connectors with the right side, i also tryed cleaning the connections, but nothing. Pls, anyone with any idea how to fix this?

Edit: I forgot to mention that my vita is experiencing drift on both ends. even with the sticks removed

Last edited by Fyndss,

Fyndss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
How come you have no left analog stick?
Even with the left analogue stick removed. As you can see from the video. My vita is experiencing drift.
Post automatically merged:

And what? It works as intended.
I think I forgot to write that my vita is experiencing drift, even with the sticks removed

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Disassemble it to the motherboard. It's possible there's a short somewhere. Try to follow the traces of the sticks.
Clean it thoroughly and carefully reassemble it.
Sometimes a bit of humidity can cause that.

Last edited by eyeliner,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with the left analogue stick removed. As you can see from the video. My vita is experiencing drift.

You can get replace analog stick online. This is how genuine one looks like.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Fyndss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Disassemble it to the motherboard. It's possible there's a short somewhere. Try to follow the traces the the sticks.
Clean it thoroughly and carefully reassemble it.
Sometimes a bit of humidity can cause that.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I will do this rn.
Post automatically merged:

You can get replace analog stick online. This is how genuine one looks like.
The problem is not the analogue sticks. There is always stick drift, even when i completely remove them

Last edited by Fyndss,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it