PS5 commercial backups are now booting on jailbroken systems

I7cnmYnnMr.jpg

PlayStation 5 homebrew scene modder @LightningMods_ has shown the first commercial PS5 games running on their jailbroken console with console firmware version 4.03.

As seen in the above Tweet, Grand Theft Auto III – The Definitive Edition has been shown to boot successfully on their modified console. They have also shown The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience booting but have explicitly stated that this required a "crack" to do so, but further details are unknown at this time.

Currently only PlayStation 5 consoles that are on firmware version 4.51 or lower are susceptible to the current jailbreak methods.

We will be following this news and will keep you updated with developments as they happen.

:arrow: Source

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It is a google sheet.

https://docs.google.com /spreadsheets/d/1KR2R3w6JkY3KqlfX1MQ9C3_iAUukyUgpx0l4U2eyz-U/edit#gid=0

So it's comprised of user feedback and not an official source of when the bundles were and were not manufactured. I'm pretty certain they didn't just stop mfg the bundle for two months then decide to start again.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no official source, all the data out there are from users.

Correct. That was 100% my point. And the amount of data provided by users for use in that spreadsheet is incredibly low. To say that Sony stopped mfg the bundle for two months in 2022 then started mfg it again is a quite a stretch. There is no legitimate reason to believe they did not mfg the HFW bundle in April and May of 2022. Especially when there ARE reports saying they did. Them not being on the spreadsheet just means there were no user submissions. Which goes back to the number of people even submitting their info being incredibly low.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. That was 100% my point. And the amount of data provided by users for use in that spreadsheet is incredibly low. To say that Sony stopped mfg the bundle for two months in 2022 then started mfg it again is a quite a stretch. There is no legitimate reason to believe they did not mfg the HFW bundle in April and May of 2022. Especially when there ARE reports saying they did. Them not being on the spreadsheet just means there were no user submissions. Which goes back to the number of people even submitting their info being incredibly low.

It still come down to what bundle Sony want to sells, they are no longer selling the Call of Duty, god of war, final fantasy 16 PS5 bundles. They usually only last few months before being replaced by another game bundle.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It still come down to what bundle Sony want to sells, they are no longer selling the Call of Duty, god of war, final fantasy 16 PS5 bundles. They usually only last few months before being replaced by another game bundle.

What? What FW a HFW bundle comes with and when it was mfg comes down to Sony selling newer bundles with newer games? LOL! None of that has anything whatsoever to do with what our discussion was.

Facts still remains that 5.00 was released in late March of 2022, that there are reports of HFW bundles as early as May 2022 having 5.xx, and that blind buying a HFW bundle without having more info is a gamble. I'm not certain what points you're trying to argue and why you're trying to argue them.

nubman33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmmm, suddenly my ears have pricked up and I am now slightly interested in getting a PS5 - even though they are one of the ugliest consoles that sony have ever made (but I could hide it in a cupboard).
If you base getting a system off how it looks and not how it’s plays, do yourself a favor and don’t get one.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I might get that sealed PS5 out of the loft and actually set it up.
Exactly what I did a few months ago, and bingo I have a 3.20 :)

Anyone who complains about not being able to get one or paying big prices to get a hackable did not go through the PS3 or PS4 era.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly what I did a few months ago, and bingo I have a 3.20 :)

Anyone who complains about not being able to get one or paying big prices to get a hackable did not go through the PS3 or PS4 era.
Mine's from Nov 21 so hopefully I'm good FW wise.

Reactions: KiiWii

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it plays backups does that mean any backup including new games or just games that were compatible when 4.xx was out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...