Tutorial  Updated

PSVita MacBook Pro speakers sound MOD by Simonius007

5a753f10ac820f8c41ca06482a0d0e67.jpg

9d353d12f6adbfb5f5c4f7b3ed8fa0a8.jpg

e0ac4a8a0adcad55b7bcff034e54c3b6.jpg

Guys, I want to share with you what I accomplished today and so far very satisfied.

1. You need 2 speakers and woofer from MacBook Pro 13 2010 (other model may feet as well)

After research I can confirm that any speakers with 4-8 ohm resistance will work.
So basically everything what can fit inside with mentioned above resistance will work.

2. Solder everything as it shown on the pictures (left side, counting from top +/-, right side mirroring -/+)

3. Don't expect miracle from default PSV default audio amplifier.
I did my research installing custom audio amplifier

8dcf4092a0227550305cfbdf2e2688fb.jpg

And that was something!!! Power of sound stronger minimum 2 times and the quality much higher. But not easy to DIY for everyone

b5ff87cf018149ff74cdbcb17c6e511f.jpg

649c80468b5826e1da8c844b1dfecab2.jpg

But still possible!!

If you are interested?? - I can explain How-To

Best possible way with original audio amplifier

e28aa28b299deebcf1ed1bb2ec60cb23.jpg

But this will be MONO, cause to connect WOOFER without separate channel you need to take "-" from one channel and "+" from other one. Witch will close the loop and cancel STEREO affect.

But if you remove one MacBooks speaker and connect woofer instead you will have stereo affect.
In this case it will look for example:

Left side original PSV speaker + MacBooks speaker

Right side original PSV speaker + MacBooks Woofer

Follow pictures and enjoy

Last edited by Simonius007,

Simonius007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You might want to build a shroud around the second fan, otherwise you're not fully benefitting from the centrifuge effect. If you don't have thin alu, cans or epoxy putty are good substitutes. You could also connect both fans to PWM, either directly or via a TIP120/a MOSFET.

I connected both fans to main fan ^^ when temp go up main fan controlled by pwm rise voltage(rpm) this two fans also received same higher voltage because they are connected only + and -
About spacer(separator) I am agree, it's already done.
Temps 9-10 degrees down as expected)))
Thank you for good advice))

Reactions: Foxi4

vaanen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the explanation !

Can you post a pitcure detailling which part of the vita specifically gets soldered where on the amp, and where does it gets soldered on the vita ? cause as a noob, i have a hard time knowing what to do here, for example i dont know where to solder the subwoofer or even where to connect everything on the vita

also, when you talk about sound filteringm how do you achieve that ? is it done software wise ?

thanks !

Last edited by vaanen,

BigBankBailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really great job idk how you got that to fit I put a small laptop fan in mine and had a hard time being able to screw it in. Even shaved the blades to size. I really want a custom front and back to make it a little bit bigger I would love to add your mod to mine as well! I used a different fan than the one I pictured cause I broke that one found in a acer aspire one.

Attachments

• 20220709_194036.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 42
Last edited by BigBankBailey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...