OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi,

I am considering getting into the Vita scene after looking into it a small amount, and had a few questions beforehand.
I've already established that I would buy a new console that hasn't touched my PSN at all-- the account is very valuable to me and I don't want to risk getting banned (even if there is supposedly no risk).
However, in many games (such as Persona 4 Golden and Project Diva F2nd) I have save files that have amassed hundreds of hours of progress. I know that using QCMA, I can back up my saves to my PC. However, is it also possible to move these saves to a hacked Vita?

Thanks in advance!

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am considering getting into the Vita scene after looking into it a small amount, and had a few questions beforehand.
I've already established that I would buy a new console that hasn't touched my PSN at all-- the account is very valuable to me and I don't want to risk getting banned (even if there is supposedly no risk).
However, in many games (such as Persona 4 Golden and Project Diva F2nd) I have save files that have amassed hundreds of hours of progress. I know that using QCMA, I can back up my saves to my PC. However, is it also possible to move these saves to a hacked Vita?

Thanks in advance!
Yeah you should have no problem doing so with qcma.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'm just wondering how, because QCMA sorts and only lets you move saves based on PSN account.
After rereading i realize you said you're switching accounts,

Maybe someone can provide you with a better method, but the only way i could think of accomplishing this would require you to temporarily use henkaku (3.60) or h-encore (3.65&3.68) on your main account.

You can then backup saves using savemgr+ and then using vitashell to transfer to pc, afterwards a simple reboot restores vita to normal.

Once in new account install henkaku or h-encore and transfer save from pc with vitashell.
You will need to create a new save file first by launching game.
Find new save file in ux0>user>00>savedata>gameid
Where gameid is id of your game.
Do not open gameid folder, press triangle and open decrypted, then go into sce_sys, and copy the sealed key file.
Place the sealed key file in ux0>data>vitaSaveManager for now,

In vitaSaveManager folder you will see game id folder go into it and into the slot# folder (# = number 0, 1, 2, etc.)
Then into sce_sys and in here delete sealed key.
Then move the sealed key file you placed in vitaSaveManager folder into where you just deleted the older sealed key file.
After this is done you just use savemgr+ to restore the save and it should work.

Last edited by kaymynd,

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
After rereading i realize you said you're switching accounts,

Maybe someone can provide you with a better method, but the only way i could think of accomplishing this would require you to temporarily use henkaku (3.60) or h-encore (3.65&3.68) on your main account.

You can then backup saves using savemgr+ and then using vitashell to transfer to pc, afterwards a simple reboot restores vita to normal.

Once in new account install henkaku or h-encore and transfer save from pc with vitashell.
You will need to create a new save file first by launching game.
Find new save file in ux0>user>00>savedata>gameid
Where gameid is id of your game.
Do not open gameid folder, press triangle and open decrypted, then go into sce_sys, and copy the sealed key file.
Place the sealed key file in ux0>data>vitaSaveManager for now,

In vitaSaveManager folder you will see game id folder go into it and into the slot# folder (# = number 0, 1, 2, etc.)
Then into sce_sys and in here delete sealed key.
Then move the sealed key file you placed in vitaSaveManager folder into where you just deleted the older sealed key file.
After this is done you just use savemgr+ to restore the save and it should work.
Yeesh, that's tough. I don't want my main account to touch any hacks whatsoever. I guess I'll just have to figure out some other way online or just suck it up and not keep my save files on the new console. Thank you, though!

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeesh, that's tough. I don't want my main account to touch any hacks whatsoever. I guess I'll just have to figure out some other way online or just suck it up and not keep my save files on the new console. Thank you, though!
Sure np, i think there is a way to do it the way you want using psvimgtools, i think it can decrypt your saves from qcma to use in another account, but i am not familiar with the method. I remember seeing it here in a previous post, but can't recall which one it was.

Last edited by kaymynd,
Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY