Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit it's finally here. Now last I had heard (this was awhile ago) that the upgrade to Aroma would remove the ability to use the Homebrew channel entirely and all homebrew would instead automatically populate the home menu. Is this still automatically true of Aroma, or is this an option that we can choose to activate or not? I'm personally in favor of keeping all my homebrew in their own separate channel if still possible.

It's a plugin thats included in the base aroma download, have not tried removing it since I like it but its there so IDK

x_ght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Wow! Awesome, i want to know some things:
i own a japanese's wii U but i want to change games from wii U and vwii to spanish, i only made it on nintendont but on vwii injections is impossible and some Wii U games i replaced the files to translate, some works with spiik and some translate by their own with SysConfigTool (Batman Arkham City, Twilight PRincess) but the game that made problems is Mario Kart 8!.
Now i want to know some new options like play with ps4 controllers wirelessly on Nintendont and Wii games..

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's a plugin thats included in the base aroma download, have not tried removing it since I like it but its there so IDK
I hope someone can test it, I really don't want to be forced to display Homebrew apps on my main menu. I prefer HBL since it has no hardcoded Title limit, I need all the titles I can for my Sweet Sweet VC Injects.

Also are there signature patches availible yet for Aroma like there are for Tiramisu or will we have to wait a while for that?

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope someone can test it, I really don't want to be forced to display Homebrew apps on my main menu. I prefer HBL since it has no hardcoded Title limit, I need all the titles I can for my Sweet Sweet VC Injects.

Also are there signature patches availible yet for Aroma like there are for Tiramisu or will we have to wait a while for that?

Im using the sigpatches for tiramasu and they seem to work in the sense games boot and none complain but some crash on exit and some crash on load.
So far 3D world crashes on exit and Shantae crashes on load for me while Xenoblade X with uncensored patch / Mario kart / splatoon seem to work correctly.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
What a wonderful Morning.:wub:

Awesome !! Thank you very,very much !!! 💖💖💖💖

Remember these great and awesome Guys,as many People said in the Past:
"bla..bla...bla...Wii U Homebrew Scene....bla...bla..bla..DEAD..."

@Maschell
@GaryOderNichts
@quarky
@rw-r-r-0644
@vgmoose
@ExJam
@Crementif
@fincs
@wintermute
@pwsincd
@koopa
@Kinnay
@jam1garner
@LazR

Thank you very much for your Time and your Afforts and your great Works !!!

And by the Way we should not forget some Pioneers in Wii U Homebrew / Exploit "Detection" / Hardware Documentation !

@dimok798
@marcanto
@smealum
@plutoo
@yellows8
@naehrwert
@derrek
@Marionumber1
@TheKit
@Hykem
@Relys
@Mathew_Wi
@FIX94
@hexkyz
@ExJam

And by pure Coincidence,I have a "virgin" Wii U sitting here:
EDIT: He,hehe,he.....no longer virgin....:evil:

IMG_20220906_065314.jpg

LONG LIVE THE VERY UNDERRATED Wii U Homebrew Scene and his awesome Guys !!!

Thank you very much !!!!

Last edited by Alexander1970,

finnblue8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A historic day for homebrew. This is fantastic. Thanks so much to everyone involved!

I got Aroma up and running on my console (NTSC 5.5.6) around 6 P.M. yesterday (5 September). 1 A.M. (EST) as I type this. I was going to post this earlier but wanted to test stuff.

Those having issues with booting and/or orange update blocking screen -- I believe this is caused by the fact that from what I was able to tell EnvironmentLoader needs to be updated. When I was getting a black screen I was still running the last version of EnvironmentLoader from January. The copy of EnvironmentLoader available currently on aroma.foryour.cafe does not match the file size of the files included in the package from January -- "/wiiu/payload.rpx" is about 800 bytes larger than the files I had from the Tiramisu release. I didn't see it explicitly said anywhere to wipe and redownload EnvironmentLoader, but it's included as a default package for Aroma on aroma.foryour.cafe, so I did it anyway just to see -- Aroma booted without incident afterwards.

I didn't retain copies of my old EnvironmentLoader files from January, but there was a significant file size difference between the January version and the version currently available to download. "payload.rpx" was the most drastic.

Does this sound right @Maschell?

Other than the initial boot issues this has worked just fine. I played for a good hour or so and launched all my RPX homebrew -- all works and actually loads noticeably faster, at least to me.

Reactions: ArgoRV

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.😊

I want to try this but currently on tiramisu.
What are the steps when you want to switch from tiramisu to aroma ??

You just have to download Aroma and switch the Environment to "aroma".
Hold down "X" while the EnvironmentLoader starts (usually when "Health and Safety Warnings" or cold boot the Wii U is started).

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Oh shit it's finally here. Now last I had heard (this was awhile ago) that the upgrade to Aroma would remove the ability to use the Homebrew channel entirely and all homebrew would instead automatically populate the home menu. Is this still automatically true of Aroma, or is this an option that we can choose to activate or not? I'm personally in favor of keeping all my homebrew in their own separate channel if still possible.
or their own folder ?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Reactions: ArgoRV

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks but im not going to update from tiramsu for now

Playing it super safe
Wii u modded up is running perfectly right now
Dont see the real reason to upgrade that and risk breaking it all

Reactions: Alexander1970

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Im using the sigpatches for tiramasu and they seem to work in the sense games boot and none complain but some crash on exit and some crash on load.
So far 3D world crashes on exit and Shantae crashes on load for me while Xenoblade X with uncensored patch / Mario kart / splatoon seem to work correctly.
Hmm, well that's good. Hopefully up to date signature patches without issues will come out soon.

Also I really hope someone can test out HBL on Aroma and disabling the Home menu plugin. I need every bit of space I can for my VC injects and I'd rather not waste it on useless one time emergency only homebrew that would be better off in the Homebrew launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +2
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    awwwh :shit: ! I shouldn't have done that. Now that song will play on my mind ALL Day :sad::cry:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: hahahaha @SylverReZ +1