IMG_20221016_200505.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 46

ADHD1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Manual install works and I already played games and works fine. A usb stick needs extra power too? Seems like an app issue to me
From what i hear and read usb pen drives are not up to the job.
Has to do with power and reading speed/wear out issues of the sticks.

I have a external powered usb drive and never had any problems like this.
Download, install and playing games via nusspli on aroma & tiramisu always works.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Manual install works and I already played games and works fine. A usb stick needs extra power too? Seems like an app issue to me
No. An usb/thumbdrive/pendrive doesn't need an external power source. With the wii u, an hdd with a y-cable or external power supply should generally be used because usb drives/pendrives/thumbdrives (i dunno about the ssd's) are not designed for permanent reading and writing. Sure, today's flash drives are a bit more durable than they were a few years ago, but in the case of the wii u, for example, they would wear out faster than a halfway decent hdd. Therefore, get a decent hdd, a y-cable or an hdd with an external power supply and use this. Data loss due to convenience is not very nice. And reinstalling all that stuff isn't fun either. Especially since the wii u isn't the fastest console. After all, people don't write this on the forums for fun.

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what I did the console today doesn't boot anymore, I get a black screen of death. Gamepad says could not connect to Wii U console. Console light stays blue but no display. Tried removing the power cable and battery. No changes. Got myself a brick?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

Not sure what I did the console today doesn't boot anymore, I get a black screen of death. Gamepad says could not connect to Wii U console. Console light stays blue but no display. Tried removing the power cable and battery. No changes. Got myself a brick?
Oh,that is very sad to hear....I am very sorry for that.....:sad:

The only good News is:
Aroma can not brick your Console.

Can you maybe try

- An other A/C Adapter please ?
- Different A/V Connections ? HDMi for Example instead of the A/V Cable or vice versa please ?

For the Power Reset,you have to remove the AC Power Adapter and wait a few Hours,then you can reconnect and try it please.

Good Luck.😉👌

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country
Good Morning.:)

Oh,that is very sad to hear....I am very sorry for that.....:sad:

The only good News is:
Aroma can not brick your Console.

Can you maybe try

- An other A/C Adapter please ?
- Different A/V Connections ? HDMi for Example instead of the A/V Cable or vice versa please ?

For the Power Reset,you have to remove the AC Power Adapter and wait a few Hours,then you can reconnect and try it please.

Good Luck.😉👌
Tried different hdmi cable, left unplugged for a few hours. Didn't solve 😔

• Sad
Reactions: Alexander1970

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried different hdmi cable, left unplugged for a few hours. Didn't solve 😔
Things to try are to use an AV cable (the ones the Wii uses) and try to use a different display to eliminate the display being faulty. If that doesn't change anything you could try UDPIH as well (USB recovery exploit/menu). If UDPIH does come on after setting it up you can use the recovery menu to dump the system logs to SD and see if those shed some light as to why this is happening.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/udpih-usb-host-stack-exploit-recovery-menu.613369/

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, just recovered from a brick thanks to Gary's Recovery Menu!

I'm trying Aroma and it's pretty nice, haven't had the time to test games, but overall it seems to be working fine.
Just 2 questions, as far as I understand, there is no possible way to run .elf apps while using Aroma, right? That means no HID-to-VPAD?
And the second is, that I would like to make an updated NAND backup lol, how can I use the nandumper payload?

Thanks!

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
The wii u guide shows you how.

Tiramisu can use .elf files.
Yeah, I realized after that I can press the B button to access the payloads menu, my problem was that I was using the Web Browser without pressing B, but now I just do this on boot.

All right, so I boot into Tiramisu when I want to use .elf apps, the only app that prevents me from completely switching to Aroma is HID to VPAD, after that I will completely do the jump!

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country
Things to try are to use an AV cable (the ones the Wii uses) and try to use a different display to eliminate the display being faulty. If that doesn't change anything you could try UDPIH as well (USB recovery exploit/menu). If UDPIH does come on after setting it up you can use the recovery menu to dump the system logs to SD and see if those shed some light as to why this is happening.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/udpih-usb-host-stack-exploit-recovery-menu.613369/
Ended up buying a new console on eBay for £26. Was pretty sad as the console only was used by me for two days. And I only used aroma.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think it would be possible to fix CFW booter to load rednand? If I load CFW booter through the hbl it’ll boot but if I use the built in menu to quick boot it’ll just freeze after saying welcome to rednand

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question, but are sig patches working with Aroma? All my games run well in Tiramisu, but Aroma has trouble with my vWii injects.

EDIT: Nevermind, thought that Aroma and Tiramisu shared modules, just copied the sigpatches to Aroma folder.

EDIT2: Was playing ZombiU NTSC Disc version, the console crashes after closing the game, using latest beta.

Last edited by CrazySquid,

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a question, but are sig patches working with Aroma? All my games run well in Tiramisu, but Aroma has trouble with my vWii injects.

EDIT: Nevermind, thought that Aroma and Tiramisu shared modules, just copied the sigpatches to Aroma folder.

EDIT2: Was playing ZombiU NTSC Disc version, the console crashes after closing the game, using latest beta.
Can dump the crashlog via ftpiiu (enable system file access in config menu, and copy from /slc/sys/logs) and provide a list of plugins you're using?

Does the crash happens every time? Or did it only happen once? Double check you're on beta-6. If you're using padcon, make sure to use the latest version, older versions are known for causing crashes for some games on exit.

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Can dump the crashlog via ftpiiu (enable system file access in config menu, and copy from /slc/sys/logs) and provide a list of plugins you're using?

Does the crash happens every time? Or did it only happen once? Double check you're on beta-6. If you're using padcon, make sure to use the latest version, older versions are known for causing crashes for some games on exit.
Sure, I will leave the last log from my console, which I think is the one that crashed when I exited ZombiU.

Is there a way to check the Aroma version from the Wii U?
I still think I'm in beta 6 because I used SDCafiine 0.1.2 (according to the Wii U Plugin System Config Menu) with Mario Kart 8 and it worked fine. AFAIK SDCafiine 0.1.2 only works with Aroma beta 6, right?

I wasn't using padcon, here are the list of plugins I was using:
Wii U Plugin System Config Menu v0.2
SDCafiine v0.1.2
FTPiiU v0.3
Region Free Plugin v0.2
Homebrew in Wii U menu v0.1.3

All were active.

Also tried now exiting the game multiple times and it didn't crash, even rebooted the console, but now it seems to be working fine. I did play a bit and tested exiting again, no crash.

Attachments

• 19.txt
    32 KB · Views: 111

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol