[RELEASE] Flycast Vita by Rinnegatamante & Bythos

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the way they treated me is the reason I'm not a part of the switch scnee, and I why I won't be a part of the ps5+ scene. it's not likely, but I might exploit my ps5 or onward, and if I do, I will share nothing unless place and repack are gone. I don't plan to exploit my system, but I'll do what I can as long as I don't have to deal with these sites.
Well I had no idea about what happened to you? ( need the story now) but I understand how crappie the world can turn & know how devious MF'ers can be too if they did you wrong.. Gotta just move on!

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be careful downloading anything Rinnegatamante does, on his discord he mentioned about installing malware and possibly bricking vitas. I'd stay away from anything he does so you don't brick your console.
Wait What? Let's stop the Rinnegatamante hate train.. The guy would never go around bricking Vita's! I just can't buy that at all & I have been using his creative ports for years never had any problems nor have I heard of anything like that from his work.... I just don't believe that at all

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
System : PSTV + 16GB original Vita card + PS3 Controller, Henkaku 3.65 + Enso, kubridge version 2 + fd_fix
Note: the emulator need fd_fix.skprx or it gets error, PS3 Controller full working, Save file working, many options to work

first test with Flycast Vita v.1.0.2 :

Testing :

Soldier of Fortune BETA May 24 2001 Prototype (playable in NTSC and PAL)

The Compatibility List say Blue-Playable, but this is it not. Even when trying the final release, the same. No texture errors, but framerate is to slow. Loading is faster than playing on original Dreamcast system, this game version has the most terrible loading times ever.
https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/flycast-vita-compatibility-list/issues/38

In game option, FX Volume 0 SOUND OFF, gives better framerate, the sound of bullets put down the fps ! (Music Volume 0, has no effect)
(This bullet sound problem was also in NBlood, can be reduced from sound option.) need more testing... but SOF maybe not playable.

Name : Ring The - Terrors Realm (US)[VGA][DCRES]
Format : cdi
Region : NTSC US (there was no PAL copy)

Notes :
No graphic or texture errors, music and sound play fine. Framerate ~80%. Maybe playable but with a lot slowdows. Real Videos play slow ~50% framerate.
All graphic and texture settings works from the emulator ! But mostly ends up in the same Framerate of ~80%. Also 320x240 between 640x480 has no differences in framerate. It only need 20% more framerate for perfect. So it need more power from vita or core job. And Maybe the automatic frameskip is not working, the other one down works. Old releases from ECHELON and KALISTO maybe works better, there are mostly music and sound and video downsample, instead of DCRES and DCP, DCCM this was all second release with try not to downsample at all. Anyway 80% with 640x480 is pretty good.

EDIT 2 :

Name : Nightmare Creatures II (Europe)[DCP]
Region : PAL

Notes : dont start, crash error.

Last edited by peter8,
  • Wow
Reactions: SuperDan

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Testing :

Name : Unreal Tournament BETA Mar 9 2001 Prototype 001 Review Code
Format : GDI
Region : PAL prototype

Notes :
Mostly no texture errors, music and sound work. Runs better than Soldier Of Fortune. Tested only Practice Mode with SMALL Maps and only ONE Bot. The game was give me sometimes a Framerate of ~80% and rarity it was 90% and over ! But framerate also drop down to 50% and more. Thats a good result. But not good playable, still need more framerate. Open areas make most problems, and small rooms are good to run. Maybe CDI release is better, since the music was downsample, testing later. Tested only 30 minutes. In game option Sound OFF, make better framerate !

Name : Carrier v0.100 GD-R Beta [Bananabreak]
Format : CDI
Region : NTSC prototype

Notes : Mostly no texture errors and music and sound work. When there is no enemy in the room than the framerate is good playable with ~95% framerate, but with enemy it fall down to 50% framerate. Some in game videos works good. This beta copy has only chapter 1 and unfinsihed chapter 2 and 3 thats all. Anyway all versions of this game had framerate problems playing on original Dreamcast console, this game was bringing the Dreamcast to the limit. Tested only 10 minutes. Each time the data for voice gets loaded the framerate fall down.

Name : Virtua Tennis
Format : CDI

Notes : To slow, but smooth and no errors.

Reactions: SuperDan

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be careful downloading anything Rinnegatamante does, on his discord he mentioned about installing malware and possibly bricking vitas. I'd stay away from anything he does so you don't brick your console.
Yes I thought of this as well. I still remember the darkfader fiasco with the Nintendo DS I think it was.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What an asshole that type of behavior is completely unacceptable.

Much as I love Dreamcast and the thought of playing it on my Vita, fuck that guy.

Bricking consoles.. that mf is asking to get punched fr.
It's just going from bad to Fukt up with that guy.. Bloody more drama than jeferey dhama!.. Madness

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh fuck no! That guy can go to hell. I respected him due to all his work on the PS Vita, but that's absolutely unacceptable. If I ever find my console again and repair it I'll make sure to not download any of his crap

Divineheresy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh fuck no! That guy can go to hell. I respected him due to all his work on the PS Vita, but that's absolutely unacceptable. If I ever find my console again and repair it I'll make sure to not download any of his crap
Yeah, I respect his prior works but I refuse to download anything else he does or updates for past projects. Not worth the risk.

Starry_Night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I respect his prior works but I refuse to download anything else he does or updates for past projects. Not worth the risk.
Ya me too. I liked some of his work, but right now its not worth the risk. I'm really thinking about downloading a malware scanner on my PC and scan any of his work or any other people's work just to be safe. Better be safe than sorry.

StaticShock01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya me too. I liked some of his work, but right now its not worth the risk. I'm really thinking about downloading a malware scanner on my PC and scan any of his work or any other people's work just to be safe. Better be safe than sorry.
This. Adrenaline is still my favorite Vita homebrew because I can do everything I had on my cfw psp when I had it. I don't remember the last time I updated it because I never felt I needed to. I think the last one I did was to stop the bug of having to open up the app twice for it to work. Now I know for sure I won't get any updates.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This new emulator is a lot better than the old one. The most games I had test was working with no texture errors, mostly all fine. Only the framerate is mostly at ~70% or ~80%. Some games can give 90% to 100% framerate. When a game has 90% framerate than its playable for myself. Videos mostly runs slow on all games.
My test has games that are not listed in the Compatible List.

-

Name : Nanatsu No Hikan / Seven Mansions (English v1.3 - Compressed)
Region : NTSC JP
Notes : Runs very Good ! Gameplay mostly at 90% to 100%, with enemys it goes down to ~80%. Real videos are slow, but runs faster than in any other game, since this English Patch release is downsample, real videos has ~10% faster speed. PLAYABLE ! This game is anyway a highlight was only on Dreamcast a Survival Horror game like Resident Evil, there was also Nanatsu No Hikan Part one on PSX. I know this game in and out and can speedrun it to 20 minutes. It also has a alternate ending not mention on gamefaqs. I love that game, played it million times.

Name : Illbleed BETA Jan 15 2001 Prototype
Format : gdi
Region : NTSC Prototype
Notes : Game works with ~70%-90% framerate. (Beta copy has no music). The first Map was working, but enter Chapter 1 Theater had crash the emulator. Need more testing.

Name : Unreal Tournament (PAL)[DCP]
Notes : Works mostly the same as the BETA copy I had tested yesterday. Notes up in this topic. Play lonly the Maps in practice mode make a lot of Fun and music is still working. Big Maps make Framerate trouble.

Name : Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP]
Notes : Works mostly good, no texture errors, music and sound play fine. Real videos and main menu is slow, but gameplay is up from 80% to 100%. This is playable ! Good Work. Testing 10 minutes. Make sense to test more.

Name : Heavy Metal - Geomatrix (US)[DCRES]
Region : NTSC US
Notes : Works all good, no texture errors, music and sound play fine. Framereate maybe ~70%, not good playable. But on the old emulator release was this game not working, now its working and starting. Testing 10 minutes.

Name : Mortal Kombat Gold (US)(Re-release)[DCCM]
Notes : Very small texture errors, framerate maybe ~70-80%. Good result, but gameplay a bit to slow for intense gameplay.

Name : ECW Hardcore Revolution (US)[RDC]
Notes : Works good, only gameplay is a bit to slow ~70-80%. Not so good playable.

Name : KISS Psycho Circus - The Nightmare Child (Europe)[DCP]
Notes : Need BIOS files ! Testing later

-

Playable (~90%-100% Framerate gameplay only):

1 - Nanatsu No Hikan / Seven Mansions (English v1.3 - Compressed)
2 - Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP]

Carrier - Maybe also playable, sometimes I get 90% to 100% framerate on the BETA copy NTSC.
The Ring Terror Realms - Works also not soo bad.

Million Thanks !

Last edited by peter8,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This new emulator is a lot better than the old one. The most games I had test was working with no texture errors, mostly all fine. Only the framerate is mostly at ~70% or ~80%. Some games can give 90% to 100% framerate. When a game has 90% framerate than its playable for myself. Videos mostly runs slow on all games.
My test has games that are not listed in the Compatible List.

-

Name : Nanatsu No Hikan / Seven Mansions (English v1.3 - Compressed)
Region : NTSC JP
Notes : Runs very Good ! Gameplay mostly at 90% to 100%, with enemys it goes down to ~80%. Real videos are slow, but runs faster than in any other game, since this English Patch release is downsample, real videos has ~10% faster speed. PLAYABLE ! This game is anyway a highlight was only on Dreamcast a Survival Horror game like Resident Evil, there was also Nanatsu No Hikan Part one on PSX. I know this game in and out and can speedrun it to 20 minutes. It also has a alternate ending not mention on gamefaqs. I love that game, played it million times.

Name : Illbleed BETA Jan 15 2001 Prototype
Format : gdi
Region : NTSC Prototype
Notes : Game works with ~70%-90% framerate. (Beta copy has no music). The first Map was working, but enter Chapter 1 Theater had crash the emulator. Need more testing.

Name : Unreal Tournament (PAL)[DCP]
Notes : Works mostly the same as the BETA copy I had tested yesterday. Notes up in this topic. Play lonly the Maps in practice mode make a lot of Fun and music is still working. Big Maps make Framerate trouble.

Name : Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP]
Notes : Works mostly good, no texture errors, music and sound play fine. Real videos and main menu is slow, but gameplay is up from 80% to 100%. This is playable ! Good Work. Testing 10 minutes. Make sense to test more.

Name : Heavy Metal - Geomatrix (US)[DCRES]
Notes : Works all good, no texture errors, music and sound play fine. Framereate maybe ~70%, not good playable. But on the old emulator release was this game not working, now its working and starting. Testing 10 minutes.

Name : Mortal Kombat Gold (US)(Re-release)[DCCM]
Notes : Very small texture errors, framerate maybe ~70-80%. Good result, but gameplay a bit to slow for intense gameplay.

Name : ECW Hardcore Revolution (US)[RDC]
Notes : Works good, only gameplay is a bit to slow ~70-80%. Not so good playable.

Name : KISS Psycho Circus - The Nightmare Child (Europe)[DCP]
Notes : Need BIOS files ! Testing later

-

Playable (~90%-100% Framerate gameplay only):

1 - Nanatsu No Hikan / Seven Mansions (English v1.3 - Compressed)
2 - Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP]

Carrier - Maybe also playable, sometimes I get 90% to 100% framerate on the BETA copy NTSC.
The Ring Terror Realms - Works also not soo bad.

Million Thanks !
I tried a few last night Shenmue 1 was OK'ish Shenmue 2 crashed straight after the boat lands... MSR racing.. Mega slow downs ( MSR was my big hope of working well.. I was going to try and finish it again but unplayable atm) legacy of kain wasn't too bad.. Draconus was unplayable also.. It's slightly better than last time this Flycast but that's it really

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Don't even know why i wasted time actually finding back what the password for this website even is but the fact that people take as granted:
1) An out of context screenshot
2) A blatant sarcastic overexaggeration
3) A screenshot of something that literally has no real proof to ever had happened (Since all my software are opensource so you're all free to link me even at only a single instance of a malicious code that would wipe os0: in any of my repositories)
4) Even admitting the screenshot wasn't sarcastic and wasn't out of context and even admitting I would really apply that, it's written black on white that i referred exclusively to WiP code that would be eventually leaked, aka wouldn't land on any release.

Shows how much this community (as in GBAtemp) degradated.
No surprise also that moderators allow name and shame and cursing the whole time without applying their own rules. Good job as always. I'll go back at reading your nonsenses with some popcorn. First and last time i even spend my time here again.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even know why i wasted time actually finding back what the password for this website even is but the fact that people take as granted:
3) A screenshot of something that literally has no real proof to ever had happened (Since all my software are opensource so you're all free to link me even at only a single instance of a malicious code that would wipe os0: in any of my repositories)
4) Even admitting the screenshot wasn't sarcastic and wasn't out of context and even admitting I would really apply that, it's written black on white that i referred exclusively to WiP code that would be eventually leaked, aka wouldn't land on any release.

No surprise also that moderators allow name and shame and cursing the whole time without applying their own rules. Good job as always. I'll go back at reading your nonsenses with some popcorn. First and last time i even spend my time here again.
Calm down mate smoke a BIG Joint .. Hug a Tree Anything find your peace again !!

Reactions: Divineheresy88

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

you are well regarded dev. next time you have a problem with a post please come to me. its just trolls being trolls.

but this is like the 3,000th time you quit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated