Hacking RGH live fuckup?

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short question

Forgot offline accounts try to connect to Live, but the first network test I did with no accounts failed on the internet portion, making me think there was a config on the NAND blocking DNS and I didn't potentially leave my Xbox 360/Bone banned.

At no point did it ever actually get on Live, it would just error on sign in or the connection screen. No "console ban" prompt like my old Xenon.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That would be a severe punishment lol.
Afaik, nope, MS doesn't do that.

A mate of mine got his 100k+ GS account reset due to achievement modding.
Console was still fine for some odd reason, even tho he was using GTA 4 mods online.

I've had a few people who got their 360 banned, got a new one and could just continue to game on the new 360.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have dashlaunch installed with xbl blocks?

Edit:

Also, if you use a dynamic IP address it’s usually a case of turning off the router for a few minutes to change it.

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very unlikely, if your ISP uses CG Nat it's possible 100's of people would appear to be connecting from the same IP, however could be many miles apart in the same city.
Thanks for the tip yesterday
Do you have dashlaunch installed with xbl blocks?

Edit:

Also, if you use a dynamic IP address it’s usually a case of turning off the router for a few minutes to change it.
This is why I'm convinced it never even got that far. It had a wiped drive and I updated the NAND to latest, but when I made my custom config and reattempted the Live connection to see how the block worked, it was the same result (Internet failed, DNS erroring, Xbox Live blocked) telling me the previous owner didn't remove the config of his own from the console?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be a severe punishment lol.
Afaik, nope, MS doesn't do that.

A mate of mine got his 100k+ GS account reset due to achievement modding.
Console was still fine for some odd reason, even tho he was using GTA 4 mods online.

I've had a few people who got their 360 banned, got a new one and could just continue to game on the new 360.

I also had my gamer score reset, when I was using a flashed drive. no system ban, no account ban. I've heard that the achievements you "got" will be permanently locked, but I never tested it to see if it was true.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I also had my gamer score reset, when I was using a flashed drive. no system ban, no account ban. I've heard that the achievements you "got" will be permanently locked, but I never tested it to see if it was true.

I've told him he should just start all over, new account etc.
He has gained some achievements back, afaik, it's just a reset of gamerscore.

Reactions: godreborn

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back

So I updated with Xebuild but unchecked Install Dashlaunch figuring it would overwrite my config thinking I'd install it after I reflash.

I did that, but not before I hit dashboard with no profiles signed in. I didn't get the prompt for the avatar update despite not having any config to block DNS stuff, and I'm fairly sure this will happen even if you have nobody signed in - but my xval is still showing up as 0, so I assume the avatar prompt/ban message would have only appeared if any attempt was made?

Sorry for being so damn paranoid about this, just tell me this is still a virgin.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe dashlaunch patches will affect how you have things set up. it's now recommended to install dashlaunch with the built NAND.

I can't remember the exact text, but it will say something different if you're about to install firmware or the added stuff with an official update. you'll know by that.

to block xbox live, you can use parental controls (dashlaunch can do this too), but parental controls will work even when updating without dashlaunch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, if you were to say buy the system used and it was using parental controls, you can find them in a NAND dump (the password I mean).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.