• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

SJWs, NPCs, Alt-Right, Nazis, Anti-SJWs, Woke, Far-Right, Far-Left, Left...

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 9,784
  • Replies 140
  • Likes 5

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with all due respect, I could make the same analogy to the Koch Brothers.
The reality is that Soros and the Koch Brothers are just power players in the ideologies that they believe in solely because of the money they put in play.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,
Reactions: mattytrog and Xzi

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IQ research is considered the greatest achievement in Human Psychology. And the entire psychology field is based on testing standards IQ research has set.

I`m not sure about that...

The IQ test was designed in the 50s if I remember correctly.

We know a great deal more about the human brain and psyche and IQ testing isn`t really compatible any more.

An IQ test could be useful in diagnosing Aspergers though maybe...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

with all due respect. I could make the same analogy to the Koch Brothers.
The reality is that Soros and the Koch Brothers are just power players in the ideologies that they believe in solely because of the money they put in play.
Exactly...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
with all due respect. I could make the same analogy to the Koch Brothers.
The right-wing even has its own (((globalist))) mega-donor, Sheldon Adelson. Curiously, you don't hear nearly as many conspiracy theories about him or attacks on his character. :unsure:

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The right-wing even has its own (((globalist))) mega-donor, Sheldon Adelson. Curiously, you don't hear nearly as many conspiracy theories about him or attacks on his character. :unsure:
I`d never heard of him.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
people like this are depressed and empty people and p.c thing is the only thing they have in their lives. if they stopped they realized how they wasted their lives

supersonicwaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Again you're just bullshitting that the left "denies biology." If anything, you're the one denying that homosexuality and gender 'transitions' regularly occur in nature to better suit your biases.

This is exactly the problem with imprecise language I was talking about.
Gender is a social construct but somehow also natural? I take it you mean sex?
I've never heard that sexual transition in humans regularly occurs in nature, do you have resources on that?

Last edited by supersonicwaffle,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is exactly the problem with imprecise language I was talking about.
Gender is a social construct but somehow also natural? I take it you mean sex?
I've never heard that sexual transition in humans regularly occurs in nature.
Yes, sex, not gender.

And I didn't say in humans, I meant in certain species of animals.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Again you're just bullshitting that the left "denies biology." If anything, you're the one denying that homosexuality and gender 'transitions' regularly occur in nature to better suit your biases.
What do you mean?

Bullshit. Understanding the human mind and all its intricacies is the goal of psychology, not reducing complex concepts to a single number. Again, IQ isn't even the only factor in determining intelligence, it only determines how quickly people are capable on picking up on new concepts.
Ya, I never said it wasn’t. But heavily G loaded questions tests for the G Factor. And IQ testing only means anything in relation to others. Numbers alone don’t mean anything. Have you read any books on the Neuroscience of intelligence? IQ testing isn’t worthless.

In other words, given the opportunity, the differences in career choice become negligible. It's only in countries where women are given fewer/no opportunities that there remains a big difference. On that we agree.

No, it’s the opposite. When not given the opportunity women take whatever job they can take, and a job where they can get money, so differences in career choices shrink like in stem. When there is more equality women are more free to choose what they desire so career choice differences is bigger.

Part of the problem is lack of critical thinking skills. In college you are taught what a valid source of information is. Nowadays a lot of kids take youtube videos posted by a joe schmoe (sometimes not even being experts at a subject matter) that validates their world view as a valid and reputable source of information. That in itself is laughable. Critical thinking classes should be now a requirement before graduating high school.

the invention of the smartphone is one of the greatest inventions yet one of the greatest tragedies of our lifetime.

@SG854 if you honestly believe that republicans have remained centrist since the 80's... You must have been asleep during the tea party shift of the last decade.
Also The Economist is a known publication to lean right wing. That would be like me posting a graph from msnbc to support my left leaning claims. Take it with a pinch of salt.
I didn’t just list the economist I also listed pew research. I know about not only looking at one data which is why I look at multiple sources to see an underlying pattern. That’s how proper research is done.

I know all about critical thinking. YouTube videos aren’t bad. And I use them as a supplement, and not the only source. I look at multiple sources. I also watch YouTube videos of doctors and scientists. I look at videos that links to researches and scientific articles so I can read them myself. And I read through studies and books written by scientists themselves.

And I never said Republicans are centrist.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Chart from the Economist. No matter what chart you look, or what different research you look at, Democrats have the most extreme shift while Republicans remain close to center with very slight shift to the right." - @SG854

"And I never said republicans are centrist" also - @SG854

LOL. OK.

Also as for your pew reference the difference is not that big when you look at the chart either.
As a matter of fact that chart when set to "General Public and Overall" just goes to show that more people have shifted more to the left since 1994

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean?
What do you mean what do I mean?
No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Homosexuality and bisexuality are regular occurrences in nature, making them a regular part of biology as well.

Further, there are several species of animals that can change sex.

No, it’s the opposite. When not given the opportunity women take whatever job they can take, and a job where they can get money, so differences in career choices shrink like in stem. When there is more equality women are more free to choose what they desire so career choice differences is bigger.
That doesn't make any sense. Obviously there's going to be a massive disparity in career choices between the sexes in countries where women aren't even allowed to have careers.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I`m not sure about that...

The IQ test was designed in the 50s if I remember correctly.

We know a great deal more about the human brain and psyche and IQ testing isn`t really compatible any more.

An IQ test could be useful in diagnosing Aspergers though maybe....
IQ testing isn’t useless and they are starting to apply Neuroimaging to it.

There’s a book called the Neuroscience of Intelligence written by Dr. Richard Haier and he goes into detail how IQ testing isn’t useless and all the myths about it, like how IQ testing only tests how good you do on IQ tests, which isn’t true because they test the G factor with heavily G Loaded Questions like with the Ravens Progressive Matrices. It’s a really good book.

In the U.S. army it’s illegal to have anyone lower then an IQ of 83. They take it seriously.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Chart from the Economist. No matter what chart you look, or what different research you look at, Democrats have the most extreme shift while Republicans remain close to center with very slight shift to the right." - @SG854

"And I never said republicans are centrist" also - @SG854

LOL. OK.

Also as for your pew reference the difference is not that big when you look at the chart either.
As a matter of fact that chart when set to "General Public and Overall" just goes to show that more people have shifted more to the left since 1994
Close to center doesn’t mean centrist. They are just closer to it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
In the U.S. army it’s illegal to have anyone lower then an IQ of 83. They take it seriously.
No they fucking don't lol, the Army will take anybody willing to be a bullet sponge. They even forced criminals into Army service when the Iraq war was starting to ramp up.

I wasn't given an IQ test to join the Coast Guard, so I can damn well guarantee that they aren't giving them to Army grunts.

Last edited by Xzi,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

Homosexuality and bisexuality are regular occurrences in nature, making them a regular part of biology as well.

Yes, I know homosexuality happens in nature. I made that clear in my post. I’m not denying any of it. I really don’t know what you are debating on.

That doesn't make any sense. Obviously there's going to be a massive disparity in career choices between the sexes in countries where women aren't even allowed to have careers.
It actually does. When people are restricted, nature doesn’t take over. When people are unrestricted nature does.

supersonicwaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, sex, not gender.

And I didn't say in humans, I meant in certain species of animals.

I see, going back and reading the full exchange it becomes clear that you were talking about nature in general.

However, I do think you're quite disingenuous to accuse @SG854 of denying homosexuality or transsexuality after he clearly stated he believes they're "very real"

Personally I wouldn't go as far as to say that democrats deny biology but there's certain things in life where biological sex has to be the differentiating factor, like athletics, for obvious reasons. Democrats are trying to make the differentiating factor be gender identity as an anti discrimination measure. I can see how this could be seen as "denying biology". Obviously I'm aware of cases like Caster Semenya it's extremely difficult to be fair to everyone here but the point is that female athletics is a protected category precisely because there's biological differences.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
No they fucking don't lol, the Army will take anybody willing to be a bullet sponge. They even forced criminals into Army service when the Iraq war was starting to ramp up.

I wasn't given an IQ test to join the Coast Guard, so I can damn well guarantee that they aren't giving them to Army grunts.
It’s called the ASVAB. They won’t call it an IQ test.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I see, going back and reading the full exchange it becomes clear that you were talking about nature in general.

However, I do think you're quite disingenuous to accuse @SG854 of denying homosexuality or transsexuality after he clearly stated he believes they're "very real"

Personally I wouldn't go as far as to say that democrats deny biology but there's certain things in life where biological sex has to be the differentiating factor, like athletics, for obvious reasons. Democrats are trying to make the differentiating factor be gender identity as an anti discrimination measure. I can see how this could be seen as "denying biology". Obviously I'm aware of cases like Caster Semenya it's extremely difficult to be fair to everyone here but the point is that female athletics is a protected category precisely because there's biological differences.
Yes he’s definitely misrepresenting what I’m saying. Not all Democrats and Not all republicans of course. I also made that clear when I said more likely in a previous post which implies not all. But more likely you will have someone on the left deny biology. While in the right more likely deny global warming for political reasons.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SG854 if we buy into what you just said for just a second.... One is inherently more dangerous than the other.
Consider this a rorschach test. which would you consider more pressing. (not taking sides on this one, just curious)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu