Homebrew Smealum's homebrew channel sneak peek

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You're so funny, not. I hope that was a joke. If you want ROMs, go with Gateway. Smea's hack has no kernel access, so no games. Emulators, region lock disabling, etc are all the things feasible with it. Don't be so negative.

But in other words nothing right? I remember when the Wii got the homebrew channel it was a very long time before we got anything that was useful.

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no emuNand or redNand? That means once nintendo pushes an update nobody will be able to access the eshop anymore. This affects online play too to a certain extent. This puts a dampener on things.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But in other words nothing right? I remember when the Wii got the homebrew channel it was a very long time before we got anything that was useful.

You don't know that for sure. Stop jumping to conclusions and assumptions. Let the man release the hack and be done with it and wait like the rest of us. No need to be smarmy.

So no emuNand or redNand? That means once nintendo pushes an update nobody will be able to access the eshop anymore. This affects online play too to a certain extent. This puts a dampener on things.

You expect to hack a console and go online? That really isn't ideal when you hack a console. Either you have two consoles or not go online.

Reactions: retrofan_k

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... give up eshop/online patches for a homebrew library that will likely be stagnant for a long time before maturing if ever?

It'll be the first that someone gets a 3ds solely for homebrew.

No, reread what he said. Typically hacking has a sacrifice, online access isn't exactly safe or guaranteed, you can't have both for a long time. Either have two consoles one for hacks one for legit, or not go online and hack at the same time because Nintendo will patch any exploits on the console and you're SOL. Can't have both online and hacks.

Either have online, or hacks, not both.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the logic of getting a 3DS just for homebrew is terrible because a PSP has been able to do homebrew for the longest and will likely out perform a 3DS.

You don't know that for sure, and you have no facts to back that up. Stop being so effing negative already. We get it, you're a pessimist, go tell that someone who cares.

Reactions: thagrouch

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, reread what he said. Typically hacking has a sacrifice, online access isn't exactly safe or guaranteed, you can't have both for a long time. Either have two consoles one for hacks one for legit, or not go online and hack at the same time because Nintendo will patch any exploits on the console and you're SOL. Can't have both online and hacks.

Either have online, or hacks, not both.

I'm sorry. Wait what? How on earth is online access not safe? I'm not talking about GW online, I'm talking about legit cart online.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry. Wait what? How on earth is online access not safe? I'm not talking about GW online, I'm talking about legit cart online.

Because Nintendo can patch exploits and block homebrew in updates, that's why.

LegendAssassinF Get over it already. Don't be so damned negative about "Oh the PSP can do this for years and will outperform the 3DS"

You don't know that for a fact. You Debby Downers are all the same. There are different systems, different CPUs, different architectures. More MHz != more speed. Please, stop with the smarmy bitter attitude. Thanks.

You don't know what the 3DS homebrew will be like. Period.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

LegendAssassinF Get over it already. Don't be so damned negative about "Oh the PSP can do this for years and will outperform the 3DS"

You don't know that for a fact. You Debby Downers are all the same. There are different systems, different CPUs, different architectures. More MHz != more speed. Please, stop with the smarmy bitter attitude. Thanks.

The specs are out there you can only get as powerful as that not any better lol I'm not being negative I'm being honest. The PSP is an even better homebrew player than the Wii so why would the 3DS do any better.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The specs are out there you can only get as powerful as that not any better lol I'm not being negative I'm being honest. The PSP is an even better homebrew player than the Wii so why would the 3DS do any better.

Dude, just stop already. If people want to port apps, emulators, etc to the 3DS, so be it, who are you to tell them that it's a wasted effort or that it shouldn't be done. Don't judge how the 3DS will be based on how other consoles have done and the advantage of 3D too, so, tough. Different machines, different tastes, architectures, apples to oranges. The Wii has better emulators than the PSP, so there. We get it, you don't see the potential of 3DS being viable. Big whoop.

Just effing get it over it already.

loco365

Trophies
XP
The problem with the logic of getting a 3DS just for homebrew is terrible because a PSP has been able to do homebrew for the longest and will likely out perform a 3DS.

The way smealum's hack is designed, though, may actually prevent Nintendo from blocking it, although they probably will because emulation is still possible with it.

Anyway, I think the logo and design he's using is temporary, as he still has the thread with all the design choices we've submitted. We'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Huntereb

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know that for sure, and you have no facts to back that up. Stop being so effing negative already. We get it, you're a pessimist, go tell that someone who cares.

He's not being pessimistic. In fact, it would be more accurate to call him a realist. SSSpwn is nothing short of a miracle in enable homebrew for the masses without the need of a flashcart. BUT whether homebrew will take off is highly questionable since in this case, homebrew is limited to apps and games.

We're talking about two entirely different things. If there was emunand/rednand, you will get both online/eshop access and homebrew. Without it, SSSpwn is just a flawed marvel. Online/eshop is not an insignificant tradeoff.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude, you're being SUPER negative. YOU'VE GOT A CHOICE. Take it or leave it. Or if you want to pirate, grab a 4.5 3DS. You. Have. A. Choice.

And you don't know that. The 3DS has more powerful hardware (however, I am convinced that the PSP will outperform the 3DS in terms of emulation, at least, as the architecture isn't as efficient or something...) But yeah. Have some faith, dude.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's not being pessimistic. In fact, it would be more accurate to call him a realist. SSSpwn is nothing short of a miracle in enable homebrew for the masses without the need of a flashcart. BUT whether homebrew will take off is highly questionable since in this case, homebrew is limited to apps and games.

We're talking about two entirely different things. If there was emunand/rednand, you will get both online/eshop access and homebrew. Without it, SSSpwn is just a flawed marvel. Online/eshop is not an insignificant tradeoff.

Naw, he's whining about the hard work someone's doing. He's being picky and greedy. He's got a choice. Either get another 3DS, or keep this one for homebrew. The world wasn't made for him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: