Homebrew Smealum's homebrew channel sneak peek

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crossing fingers that someone gets ahold of this and develops a Rom manager or some way to load pirated roms on 8.1. I dont understand the hate on piracy and promotion of Emulators (Homebrew). It was my understanding that running roms on emulators that you dont own is also considered piracy and I highly doubt everyone has Mario Nes cartridges still sitting around their homes

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
No, reread what he said. Typically hacking has a sacrifice, online access isn't exactly safe or guaranteed, you can't have both for a long time. Either have two consoles one for hacks one for legit, or not go online and hack at the same time because Nintendo will patch any exploits on the console and you're SOL. Can't have both online and hacks.

Either have online, or hacks, not both.

People will never learn how much you tell em. Plus common sense cannot be taught, so just leave em to it.

Reactions: the_randomizer

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Crossing fingers that someone gets ahold of this and develops a Rom manager or some way to load pirated roms on 8.1. I dont understand the hate on piracy and promotion of Emulators (Homebrew). It was my understanding that running roms on emulators that you dont own is also considered piracy and I highly doubt everyone has Mario Nes cartridges still sitting around their homes

I would savor the day if that ever happens and blows Flashcards out the water completely. Never say never though, as its a possibility nevertheless

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would savor the day if that ever happens and blows Flashcards out the water completely. Never say never though, as its a possibility nevertheless

I think piracy right now is in a good state because it's not widespread. People who won't buy games no matter what can go out of their way to get a 4.5 3DS and Gateway and they're a very small fraction of 3DS users. If piracy was enabled on all other firmwares shit would get serious. So I hope it stays like this.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this. I think the majority are hypocrites.

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe region-free requires kernel access, same as being able to play pirated ROMs, meaning this Homebrew Channel won't do it.

A user-land exploit can potentially lead to a kernel exploit.
Just take a look at the Wii U scene. User-land exploit found on the browser led to a kernel exploit found by Chadderz.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He could use his full access exploit to find another user limited exploit and use it for his homebrew environment.
Using only the later, nobody can decompile/modify/examine how it's "limiting" the kernel access if he didn't use the same one to get access to it.

Note that all is in conditional, it's only supposition, but users seems to be certain that reverse engineering his work will be enough. Nobody thought he could have found different exploits thanks to his full kernel access?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Just take a look at the Wii U scene. User-land exploit found on the browser led to a kernel exploit found by Chadderz.

Unfortunately, the current head of this project doesn't plan on letting this leave user-land. Here's to hoping someone can find a workaround in the future.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh, I know... I'm just saying the chances of getting region free are more or less equal to the chance of getting ROMs to play.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Looks like this has hit Nintendo Life - http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nel_reportedly_in_final_stages_of_development

Can someone tell all the whiners in the comments that everything they are whining about has already been done for what, a year now? That and this exploit isnt even to run 3DS roms. Ugh.

Everyone on that website is a bunch of tards.

Veign06 I see you commenting on there, too. You best stop, because if they're anything like the people here when it comes to "what is better", you're gonna get a dick shoved right up your ass.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They're all like "Oh noes! I hope Nintend0h patches the 3DeeEss so there can be no haxxors!!" And the ever classic "Damn you, haxxors, Mario Kart is ruined and will have cheaters!" They're all a bunch of white knight crybaby sycophants, oh yes, they are indeed.

Reactions: Huntereb

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Veign06 I see you commenting on there, too. You best stop, because if they're anything like the people here when it comes to "what is better", you're gonna get a dick shoved right up your ass.
Lol yeah I already deleted them just so they can keep thinking Nintendo will come to their rescue. I just go on there for the occasional news on upcoming 3DS stuff but I never use their community stuff.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol yeah I already deleted them just so they can keep thinking Nintendo will come to their rescue. I just go on there for the occasional news on upcoming 3DS stuff but I never use their community stuff.

The community there is just, well, *ahem* interesting to say the least. They cry wolf every time a hacking-related "newsworthy" article is published.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1