Homebrew Smealum's homebrew channel sneak peek

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude, you're being SUPER negative. YOU'VE GOT A CHOICE. Take it or leave it. Or if you want to pirate, grab a 4.5 3DS. You. Have. A. Choice.

And you don't know that. The 3DS has more powerful hardware (however, I am convinced that the PSP will outperform the 3DS in terms of emulation, at least, as the architecture isn't as efficient or something...) But yeah. Have some faith, dude.

My issue is you are putting all your eggs in a basket that will not live up to the others. I'm not even talking about playing Roms so not sure where you are getting that from. I'm talking about just homebrew so emulation (mainly since that is what mainly people want) but this emulation is going to be shadowed if it gets behind the choice of eShop or Homebrew while the PSP has none of that due to the Kernel Access their hack provides.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue is you are putting all your eggs in a basket that will not live up to the others. I'm not even talking about playing Roms so not sure where you are getting that from. I'm talking about just homebrew so emulation (mainly since that is what mainly people want) but this emulation is going to be shadowed if it gets behind the choice of eShop or Homebrew while the PSP has none of that due to the Kernel Access their hack provides.

Or you know, you could just not use it and be done with the rhetoric already. We don't know what this will truly do in the long run, yes, that part is true, but that being said. You need to get over yourself about what X can do better than Y, eventually, kernel access and emulation might be feasible without a flashcard, we don't know for certain. If people are putting all their eggs in a basket, then conversely, you should keep cool and stop trying to bash non-kernel hacks at every waking moment.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Naw, he's whining about the hard work someone's doing. He's being picky and greedy. He's got a choice. Either get another 3DS, or keep this one for homebrew. The world wasn't made for him.

How am I being greedy? I didn't say "OMG NO ROMS GG NO GOOD" I just know that the 3DS WILL NOT be able to outperform the PSP certainly if everything gets locked when a simple update to the firmware blocks eShop. Homebrew or eShop is NOT a good trade and if you think it is you are not right in the head to begin with.

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that's annoying me is the width and height of the 3DS logo.
Width needs to be longer and the height smaller, the 3DS logo looks huge compared to " Homebrew Channel " >.>

Frankly, I don't give a shit about how it looks. Just release the damn thing with an interim UI. Afterwards, the UI can be tinkered with and finalized.

Naw, he's whining about the hard work someone's doing. He's being picky and greedy. He's got a choice. Either get another 3DS, or keep this one for homebrew. The world wasn't made for him.

I agree that he's whining a little bit but the fact remains that this homebrew channel might not be useful quite a while since its new and all. The rate that homebrew library will grow is highly questionable as there is a considerable trade off if you decide to use ssspwn and nintendo creates a new update. If emunand/rednand works with ssspwn, then problem solved. People can have homebrew and still maintain eshop/online access. That's the only way I can see people actually buying a 3ds to develop homebrew. Otherwise getting a 3ds to develop limited homebrew? That's just plain silly. Not to mention when new game comes out that require say... FW 9.0, you can't play it. Because you can't do a FW spoof either. Or if there are SDK8 games.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How am I being greedy? I didn't say "OMG NO ROMS GG NO GOOD" I just know that the 3DS WILL NOT be able to outperform the PSP certainly if everything gets locked when a simple update to the firmware blocks eShop. Homebrew or eShop is NOT a good trade and if you think it is you are not right in the head to begin with.

While I agree, we cannot "KNOW" that the PSP will outperform it. You're being greedy because you want more and MORE. LIKE A POOR BABY :( .

I'm sorry, dude. But you've got a freaking choice. Stop being so damn negative. It's really annoying.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree, we cannot "KNOW" that the PSP will outperform it. You're being greedy because you want more and MORE. LIKE A POOR BABY :( .

I'm sorry, dude. But you've got a freaking choice. Stop being so damn negative. It's really annoying.

Enough with the you've got a choice. It's becoming annoying too. Take your own advice. You've got the choice to not reply him.

I'd rather eat my cake with sprinkles and candles D:

Or... You can eat a cake without sprinkles earlier. And have another cake later with sprinkles and cream.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just don't get why you keep saying "you have a choice" lol Chances are this hack like many of the PSP and PS3 for that matter non-hernel hacks will get locked behind the firmware right after this launches. I feel like most of the people here never actually saw what happened with the Wii, PSP, and PS3 in the early days since there were a ton of "hacks" that didn't do anything and forgotten. I'm sorry that I am being too REAL for you since that is what is going to happen this isn't the first time a non-kernel hack has made a dent in the homebrew scene and likely not the last to try.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enough with the you've got a choice. It's becoming annoying too. Take your own advice. You've got the choice to not reply him.

I do, you're correct! Good job! - And unlike him, I'm making my choice. To reply to him. It's not becoming annoying. Not any more than you replying to others is. It's a reply. How is that annoying, huh?

I just don't get why you keep saying "you have a choice" lol Chances are this hack like many of the PSP and PS3 for that matter non-hernel hacks will get locked behind the firmware right after this launches. I feel like most of the people here never actually saw what happened with the Wii, PSP, and PS3 in the early days since there were a ton of "hacks" that didn't do anything and forgotten. I'm sorry that I am being too REAL for you since that is what is going to happen this isn't the first time a non-kernel hack has made a dent in the homebrew scene and likely not the last to try.

Uh, probably because you've got a fucking choice?

Reactions: the_randomizer

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh, probably because you've got a fucking choice?

No because you keep making the assumption that I want to use it for Roms, which I don't. I just know this non-kernel even if it does enable good homebrew is going to be locked behind a firmware eventually and the trade for the eShop and new games isn't something most people will give up to keep playing homebrew. If this doesn't take off quickly after release and enable some sort of way of bypassing or smurfing updates it won't be well supported. The Vita is in the same position now has a kernel hack but no one is developing anything for it since it got locked behind a update.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Jesus fucking christ all I want to know is if it's update safe.

That's all I want to know. I don't plan to pirate any 3DS stuff, but if getting such access to homebrew and emulators would remove my system from using online features for things like 3DS games I do own, then I may not take the risk.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I probably could've worded it better, what I meant was would I safely br able to use the eShop, online, and update my system without anything going wrong if I installed this.

Worst comes to worst, Nintendo will probably do what they do with the HBC on the Wii: It'll uninstall/delete the software if it is detected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, thats not orange thats blue +1