• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So about Dark Brandon's speech last night...

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I think if there were education programs to show people that, no, the president does not, in fact, cause the inflation rates and gas prices in the middle of a still on-going global pandemic that's regularly ravaging the workforce (not to mention the literal war in Eastern Europe right now) you'd probably see a lot less back and forth shit.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is absolutely not true. How did you even come to that conclusion? Because there are plenty of facts out there to easily prove your statement wrong. Even Fox News has articles celebrating Biden's accomplishments.
Lets see... oh yea, he removed the cap on insulin, my bad as well as ban assault rifles (Criminals still gonna have them) sorry thats on me.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I think if there were education programs
Gotta stop you there. We're largely in the mess we are now because the Reagan era of conservatism brought with it vehement anti-intellectualism. His advisors warned of a "dangerous educated proletariat" if college was made free for all.

https://theintercept.com/2022/08/25/student-loans-debt-reagan/

Naturally, it also didn't help that leaded gasoline dropped the IQ of all Americans during the decades in which it was still in use.

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta stop you there. We're largely in the mess we are now because the Reagan era of conservatism brought with it vehement anti-intellectualism. His advisors warned of a "dangerous educated proletariat" if college was made free for all.

Naturally, it also didn't help that leaded gasoline dropped the IQ of all Americans during the decades in which it was still in use.
Christ, is there anything that old fuck DIDN'T fuck up beyond repair in this country?

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP

I mean before Regan was Carter. A Democrat that was an excellent human being, but was a terrible president that had the country in a period of high inflation with crazy interest rates. Why does that sound familiar?

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean before Regan was Carter. A Democrat that was an excellent human being, but was a terrible president that had the country in a period of high inflation with crazy interest rates. Why does that sound familiar?
Almost like inflation isn't controlled by the president nor caused by just one single factor. Hmm...

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Explain to me how Biden is a Nazi or even equal to Hitler.
I yield to you, Hilter wasn't as bad.

biden-hitler-little-girl-1624987673.55.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jayro

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I ever cover the entire back of my car with bumper stickers devoted to ANY politician, go ahead and shoot me dead. You'd be doing me a favor. In the run-up to the 2016 and 2020 election, I had a single Bernie sticker, and that was it.
Never had any politician merchandise.

Reactions: Xzi

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Almost like inflation isn't controlled by the president nor caused by just one single factor. Hmm...
What? Carter's failed policies destroyed the US economy at the time.

And there's a pretty big factor for inflation going right now. The Fed printing out trillions of dollars.

When things are good it's the President's doing. When things are bad it's something they don't have control of.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What? Carter's failed policies destroyed the US economy at the time.
You don't typically see the repercussions of a president's policies come into focus in just four years time. Carter was elected to clean up Ford's mess, as Democrats so often are. The American people punished him for not being able to clean it up quickly enough and/or thoroughly enough.

When things are good it's the President's doing. When things are bad it's something they don't have control of.
There are both good and bad things the president has some say in. Inflation is not one of them, regardless of whether it's low or high. The amount of government spending Trump did on frivolous bullshit was insane, but he still got to enjoy low inflation rates for his entire term.

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is pretty funny seeing Trump waste billions if not trillions of dollars on a wall that didn't get built, as well as numerous failed, outright fictional cases against "election fraud," and so on, but when Biden invests in infrastructure and public services it's "an economic threat" lmfao

What can I expect from the party stupid enough to support the electoral college though?

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
It is pretty funny seeing Trump waste billions if not trillions of dollars on a wall that didn't get built, as well as numerous failed, outright fictional cases against "election fraud," and so on, but when Biden invests in infrastructure and public services it's "an economic threat" lmfao

What can I expect from the party stupid enough to support the electoral college though?
About $15 billion was spent with about 452 miles constructed while he was in office.

Critics will argue that only 80 miles of the wall was "new", but in this image, you can see the old wall that was replaced. I'm not sure who the old one would have stopped since you could just step over it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46748492

web1_AP19283695832380.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O