• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So about Dark Brandon's speech last night...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What can I expect from the party stupid enough to support the electoral college though?
Umm… what? Do you understand government at all? Do you know what it takes to add an amendment to the constitution? Do you know when the Republican Party was founded, and why? Now… do you know when the electoral college was created, and even the 12th amendment?

Everything you’ve said in this thread shows you’re an ignorant fool.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize Florida had the highest COVID infection rates in the nation as a result of dumbass Ron's loose restrictions, right? You reak of MAGA and it's not a good smell on you.
Lol… high, yes. Highest? No. Highest death rates from it? Nope. And all of your saviors still vacation there, despite all of the vitriol.

Rhode Island, North Dakota, and even Alaska, has had more cases per 100,000 people, than Florida.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map

Reactions: sombrerosonic

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm… what? Do you understand government at all? Do you know what it takes to add an amendment to the constitution? Do you know when the Republican Party was founded, and why? Now… do you know when the electoral college was created, and even the 12th amendment?

Everything you’ve said in this thread shows you’re an ignorant fool.
"waaaah you disagree with me you must be stupid" is not an argument. Tell us why you think red votes in blue states don't matter, like an adult, instead of throwing a tantrum.

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There are quite a few times (I think four) that he states that he will 'defend' against the MAGA Republicans and 'white extremists'. Also asks the nation to join him in doing so 2.5 times.
What's a white extremist? Is that like an extra bad type of extremist?

Like is there a shade based extremist threat scale were black extremists are the least dangerous, dark grey extremists are a bit more dangerous, light grey extremists are pretty dangerous and white extremists are a multiverse level threat?

Or does it mean there's a gang of disgruntled white collar workers causing chaos?

Or people who want the roads painted white?

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe we are in an era where a president says "white nationalism is bad" and people who still think they're normal say "HE'S CALLING FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST ME FOR BEING A REPUBLICAN!!"

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"waaaah you disagree with me you must be stupid" is not an argument. Tell us why you think red votes in blue states don't matter, like an adult, instead of throwing a tantrum.
You seem to have misinterpreted what urherenow said. I believe what he was saying is that your comments suggest you do not understand that the electoral college exists because it is in the Constitution, and not because one or more parties are for or against it. He then decided, based on that and other things you said, that you are ignorant, which means you lack knowledge.

I would not consider his comments to be a tantrum. The majority of what he said was a series of rhetorical questions that served to express his opinion about your understanding of the electoral college that I mentioned earlier. The remaining sentence was his conclusion about the knowledge that you posses. I disagree that what he said was an uncontrolled outburst of any kind. In fact, one might say that he showed great patience with regards to "everything you’ve said in this thread."

Reactions: urherenow

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can't believe we are in an era where a president says "white nationalism is bad" and people who still think they're normal say "HE'S CALLING FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST ME FOR BEING A REPUBLICAN!!"
Personally I'm too tired to bother listening to the speeches and get all of the information second hand and I've seen people make claims that other people say are false.

So I can see why some people might echo false information if they're like me and only have conflicting secondhand information to pick what makes the most sense to their perspective from.

I've even echoed information that I later found out might be false later.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typical democrat. Trying to spin away from every single question. It’s not a tantrum. You say only Republicans are for the electoral college. It was a thing before there even was a Republican party. It’s purpose and responsibility is encoded in an amendment to the constitution. To add an amendment requires 38 States to vote for it. Are there 38 “red” states even today?

You want a discussion, you need to first figure out which of your assertions has any basis in fact/reality.

Reactions: zfreeman

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say only Republicans are for the electoral college.
This is what I'm talking about, the people on the right straight up do not live in fucking reality. Literally no where in my post did I say only republicans support the EC you dingus. Literally stopped reading there, if your post relies on a strawman to exist then your post is bad.

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'm too tired to bother listening to the speeches and get all of the information second hand and I've seen people make claims that other people say are false.

So I can see why some people might echo false information if they're like me and only have conflicting secondhand information to pick what makes the most sense to their perspective from.

I've even echoed information that I later found out might be false later.
Which is fair, I don't fault people's exhaustion with politics, even I've succumbed to it. No one should be REQUIRED to listen to this shit for days on end and make sense of all the weaselly buzzword bullshit. But I think there's a difference between earnestly believing something that turns out to be wrong, and acknowledging it, and then knowing something is wrong and continuing to perpetuate it anyways for the sake of smearing the others, or, making shit up entirely. See the above post, the guy literally makes up a different post that no one in this thread, let alone me, made, so he can go on a fucking rant about it.

Politics in the US are FUCKED.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I'm talking about, the people on the right straight up do not live in fucking reality. Literally no where in my post did I say only republicans support the EC you dingus. Literally stopped reading there, if your post relies on a strawman to exist then your post is bad.
What can I expect from the party stupid enough to support the electoral college though?
I am confusion.

I'm not an English major, but given there are two significant political parties in the U.S. right now, I am pretty sure the second comment strongly implies that the Republican party supports the electoral college and the Democratic party does not. Unless it's the other way around. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confusion.

I'm not an English major, but given there are two significant political parties in the U.S. right now, I am pretty sure the second comment strongly implies that the Republican party supports the electoral college and the Democratic party does not. Unless it's the other way around. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are wrong, yes. My comment does not state or imply that the other does not. Republicans however hypocritically believe the Electoral College works, while ignoring that it disenfranchises anyone who lives in a blue state but votes red, as their red votes are not heard.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are wrong, yes. My comment does not state or imply that the other does not. Republicans however hypocritically believe the Electoral College works, while ignoring that it disenfranchises anyone who lives in a blue state but votes red, as their red votes are not heard.
Like I said, I'm not an English major, but for future reference I think you should use 'a' instead of 'the' for what you were trying to say. The reason being that 'the' is usually used to refer to a person, place, or thing that is unique, as in "I'm the winner." I think that is what was causing confusion.

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I'm not an English major, but for future reference I think you should use 'a' instead of 'the' for what you were trying to say. The reason being that 'the' is usually used to refer to a person, place, or thing that is unique, as in "I'm the winner." I think that is what was causing confusion.
Nah it's okay, I don't actually care. The point to my post was pretty clear and this is just splitting hairs at the end of the day.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can see why some people wouldn't take him seriously after claiming that Kyle Rittenhouse was a white supremacist and the media circus tried to frame him as killing two "black men" for "no reason". It's like someone accuses someone at random for being a nazi without proof and then make a speech saying nazis bad. Yes they are bad, downright awful, but people aren't nazi just because you say so.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
claiming that Kyle Rittenhouse was a white supremacist
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ed-white-power-signs-bar-prosecutors-n1254250
When you flash white supremacist signs, meet with a the proud boys, and the proud boys singing the proud boy's anthem to him, and the proud boys themselves are established as a white supremacist group.
Idk chief, that sounds pretty white supremacist to me. But what do I know. He'd have to call himself a white supremacist to be a white supremacist...
right?

Edit: at the end of the day odds are your going to either say "Fake news" or try to hustle some sort of defense for this. Or more likely going to argue "well you call everyone a fascist, checkmate!" Even though I don't use the word fascist, unless I have absolutely strong evidence towards pointing, and state it pretty solemnly towards someone. And then some bs about how he can't be a white supremacist, leading into some bs strawman.
regardless, all these arguments would be deflection from the fact he did do those things.
Or the fact that you know, proudboys had weapons on jan6th.... or invaded the capital at all that day.
You know the "back the blue until we don't want to back the blue anymore because it's not aligning with our very specific harmful interests anymore" and proudboys showing up with other white supremacist groups like oath keepers. But again, what do I know. Noticing that all the sheep have the same kind of wool, bah the same way, and move the same, is not enough to believe they are bare minimum, at least similar. (with similar doing some fucking legwork since I'd say near identical) according to likely your logic.

Now what this has to do with Dark Brandon idk, so perhaps we should return there.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
  • Haha
Reactions: City and ZoneBlaze

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“What can I expect from the party stupid enough to support the electoral college though?”

Seems you aren’t even living in your own reality.

And you think it doesn’t imply anything. “THE”. 1. You are saying 1 party supports it.

And then your excuse for why it sucks, is the VERY REASON it exists in the first place. Without it, the 3 most populated states in the US, would effectively control the outcome of all elections. Damn the majority of the other 47 states.

Again, at least 38 States voted to have it codified in the constitution. The battle was decided way before you were born.

Last edited by urherenow,

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
And then your excuse for why it sucks, is the VERY REASON it exists in the first place. Without it, the 3 most populated states in the US, would effectively control the outcome of all elections. Damn the majority of the other 47 states.
congratulations, you just proved you don't care about a democracy. What do I mean
"Without it, the 3 most populated states in the US, would effectively control the outcome of all elections"
In other words, what you just demonstrated is that a minority of people control over the majority of people, Knowingly or Not. The same population of people that are commonly associated as democrats is the majority.

There's a reason most people in other countries have thrown out the electoral collage. It's because it barely can be democratic. It was fine for when when the next time you'd hear from your representative was 3-6 months later when information traveled incredibly slow. But horrible in our current system where information travels in mere seconds, combined with rampant gerrymandering. it's inexcusable.

unless your telling me that when 70% of people are overruled by 30% of other people is somehow democratic. But please, go on. Tell me how much you don't want a democracy and the will of the people to be represented in full.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
congratulations, you just proved you don't care about a democracy. What do I mean
"Without it, the 3 most populated states in the US, would effectively control the outcome of all elections"
In other words, what you just demonstrated is that a minority of people control over the majority of people, Knowingly or Not. The same population of people that are commonly associated as democrats is the majority.

There's a reason most people in other countries have thrown out the electoral collage. It's because it barely can be democratic. It was fine for when when the next time you'd hear from your representative was 3-6 months later when information traveled incredibly slow. But horrible in our current system where information travels in mere seconds, combined with rampant gerrymandering. it's inexcusable.

unless your telling me that when 70% of people are overruled by 30% of other people is somehow democratic. But please, go on.
Congratulations. You just proved that you don’t understand how the US government works. It is not a democracy, and it never was. It is a Republic, with democratically elected officials.
It is ALSO a union of states. States that can make their OWN laws. But you are crying, because you believe that a minority of states, should be able to effect laws and who sits in the oval office, for the majority of states… because more people live there.

No. Popular majority ruling a state is just fine. Don’t like the laws? Move somewhere else. But a majority of the STATES must approve laws that affect ALL OF THE STATES. Otherwise moving somewhere else wouldn’t even be an option.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1