Rednorka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rednorka.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Russia
I'm having difficulties compiling this to proper .CIA... it does compile, just instantly returns to Home Menu on boot. 3DSX file works perfectly fine and data files are in their proper place. Can anyone help???

horsiezoozoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
last one for today - n3ds bottom screen display + disabled console output on top screen -
just experimenting

--I'm not quite with it due to long covid , just realised these have the dlc activated plus the dev likely wouldn't appreciate me uploading his hard work - he'll release when ready, its not too hard to compile yourself eg: can set up a dedicated linux vm etc

Last edited by horsiezoozoo,
Reactions: HiSaturnV

horsiezoozoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
what does lobotomised audio mean? can i run it somehow without this NTR mode 3 which i dunno what it even means?
Also where should i put my mania files?
A fork of the decomp where the audio sections have been commented out and the storage variables have been tweaked to at least run on o3ds they named their commit " lobotomised" which i thought was funny.
Feel free to try without NTR mode3 - it doesn't run for me.
Comically I compiled a tweaked version to 160x120 px - pretty much full speed but tiny display. As pointed out previously either will never run satisfactorily or a HW renderer might eventually be implemented

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
i just wanted to pop in and say i'm really impressed how well things are already working with some of the unofficial builds! load times are long even with an unpacked data.rsdk, but i know that just kind of comes with the territory of the code not yet being optimized and such! otherwise it runs really well, and even the 3D bonus stage (the pinball machine from encore mode) works, which i really wasnt expecting. thanks for all the hard work, project devs! ^^

Reactions: pearlfect

MilesTheCreator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems the system just freezes after beating the boss in Hydrocity Act 2. Anyone happens to encounter this bug too?

Other than that, the port runs great.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it running decently on O3DS now? been waiting so far until development reaches that point, might give it a shot at installing this weekend if it's playable

dermo529

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the newest version for the new 3ds with sound, just put the data.rsdk in "SonicMania" and move the "SonicMania" folder to the folder on your sd called "3ds" and that's it, the game starts from homebrew launcher

Doesn't work for me sadly. Still no audio. Not sure what I'm missing.

EDIT: Nvm, I never dumped the DSP file. Audio works perfectly now.

Last edited by dermo529,

SpanishFreddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm having difficulties compiling this to proper .CIA... it does compile, just instantly returns to Home Menu on boot. 3DSX file works perfectly fine and data files are in their proper place. Can anyone help???
Talking about this, yes, i have a cia build, heres work only in new 3ds/2ds and it have sound. Works the sonic mania plus an non-plus

Attachments

• Sonic Mania cia.zip
    2 MB · Views: 60

Rednorka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rednorka.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Russia
Talking about this, yes, i have a cia build, heres work only in new 3ds/2ds and it have sound. Works the sonic mania plus an non-plus
Thanks, it works! It has banner and icon I wanted in my CIA too so thats an extra bonus for me lol.

Would you be able to tell how you got it running? I assume it has to do with the specific .rsf file configuration.

SpanishFreddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks, it works! It has banner and icon I wanted in my CIA too so thats an extra bonus for me lol.

Would you be able to tell how you got it running? I assume it has to do with the specific .rsf file configuration.
The cia file is made from the elf file of the build, it is not a 3dsx forwarder :D

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I’ve tested this earlier and it works, although when I started the game it showed the Homebrew splash screen for a second then went to a black screen then after some time ran the game (which I understand the game takes time to load) but I dunno why the Homebrew splash screen would appear as this doesn’t happen with the other Homebrew cia games I’ve played (Mario 64, Sonic 1/2/CD, Sonic Robo Blast 2, etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: