Sony has revealed the look of the PlayStation VR2 headset

Screenshot_20220222-084919_Feedly Classic.jpg

Though it has already been announced to exist in concept, Sony had still not "officially" fully revealed their next generation VR headset--at least until today. The PlayStation VR2 has been formally unveiled, showing off the design of the new technology. Sony's PSVR2 has a very rounded look to it, with a color scheme that matches the PlayStation 5. Changes from the original include an added lens adjustment dial, a lighter weight headed for better comfort, and a vent that prevents the lens from fogging up.

:arrow: Source: PS Blog https://blog.playstation.com/2022/02/22/first-look-the-headset-design-for-playstation-vr2/

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks good as hell, in my opinion. I think Sony's done a good ass job at giving the VR2 the same futuristic feel that the PS5 has.
Especially with those controllers. I thought they looked funny when they first announced them, but they look good when paired with the VR2.

And now for the question that's on everyone's mind...
black.jpg

Reactions: tatumanu

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Looks good as hell, in my opinion. I think Sony's done a good ass job at giving the VR2 the same futuristic feel that the PS5 has.
Especially with those controllers. I thought they looked funny when they first announced them, but they look good when paired with the VR2.

And now for the question that's on everyone's mind...
View attachment 299148
No no... Everybody is asking how it'll perform.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Day one!

I love the Quest but it has a serious lack of titles. I expect Sony to do much better in that regard. Also the extra horse power and tech in the headset should make for a fantastic experience!

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm okay with vr but would prefer decent midrange headsets you can run games on that's not $400+ maybe one day we'll see midtier headsets at half the costs I for one won't purchase a headset that costs as much as a console.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.. I am not crazy about VR because of eyes concerning. No thanks.
That's what happened when I tried PSVR they are horrible and with less than 15 minutes I got the feeling of having sand in my eyes for quite a bit of time.

Even menu lines were all distorted.

Though with the performance of the PS5 and if the screens are really much better this time might be worth a buy though I can't even use VR due to lack of space but would be amazing for GT7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1