Sony has revealed the look of the PlayStation VR2 headset

Screenshot_20220222-084919_Feedly Classic.jpg

Though it has already been announced to exist in concept, Sony had still not "officially" fully revealed their next generation VR headset--at least until today. The PlayStation VR2 has been formally unveiled, showing off the design of the new technology. Sony's PSVR2 has a very rounded look to it, with a color scheme that matches the PlayStation 5. Changes from the original include an added lens adjustment dial, a lighter weight headed for better comfort, and a vent that prevents the lens from fogging up.

:arrow: Source: PS Blog https://blog.playstation.com/2022/02/22/first-look-the-headset-design-for-playstation-vr2/

tranceology3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess an all black headset would get hot quickly.
lol wut?

Black doesnt retain heat, it absorbs light which contains more energy producing heat. White reflects the light, thus making it cooler. If we were using these headsets out in the sun, they yeah black would get hotter, but in a room with basic lighting black will not get hotter than white.

• Haha
Reactions: White_Raven_X

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No color change or face plates are ever going to make that fugly router looking console look any good.

I think the PS5 looks much better than both the Series S and X. One looks like a 70's portable AM radio and the other is just a plan, dull, boring ass looking rectangle. Also, not a single router I have owned in my life looks like the PS5. But I can say that I've had tons of routers and modems that were plain, dull, boring ass looking rectangles. You know? Like the Series X, but smaller. Just sayin'. ;)

Reactions: Alosho

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the PS5 looks much better than both the Series S and X. One looks like a 70's portable AM radio and the other is just a plan, dull, boring ass looking rectangle. Also, not a single router I have owned in my life looks like the PS5. But I can say that I've had tons of routers and modems that were plain, dull, boring ass looking rectangles. You know? Like the Series X, but smaller. Just sayin'. ;)
I think the Series X looks pretty fugly too, but not as bad as the PS5.

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol wut?

Black doesnt retain heat, it absorbs light which contains more energy producing heat. White reflects the light, thus making it cooler. If we were using these headsets out in the sun, they yeah black would get hotter, but in a room with basic lighting black will not get hotter than white.
Agreed... And my all black ps5 flys under the radar with its mat black radar absorbing face plate and stylish sticker 😂😂😂

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember being young and getting told off by parents for sitting too close to the TV. So VR just seems wrong somehow. I wonder how much they have studied the longterm effects on eyesight.
Pretty sure that is because they didn't want you making it look untidy/spoil their view of the tv.

Parents tell children all manner of things will make them go blind.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They still aren't putting in a top headband? Without that, all the weight of the headset rests on your face. Not very well thought out from Sony.

I didn't have any problem with the first one feeling face heavy whatsoever & I don't recall seeing any reports at all of others feeling that way about it. And with this looking a considerable amount lighter I highly doubt it's going to be a problem. That's a Quest 2 issue, not a PSVR issue. I mean, it's possible there could be a front heavy problem but I strongly doubt it.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,
Reactions: Alosho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8