Sony PS5 event showcase - Demon's Souls Remake and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 confirmed

E9oNwO6.png

PlayStation promises us a look at the future of gaming, in their rescheduled PlayStation 5 event, which is set to take place later today. There's not much time left before the show kicks off, so settle in, get your memes and popcorn, and be sure to have your hype train boarding pass. The event will begin at 1pm PDT, 3pm CDT, 9pm BST, and if you don't know what any of those are in your local timezone, check out the countdown below this post.

We'll be covering the event live, so if you're unable to tune in, check this thread periodically to see all the latest announcements, with the biggest reveals to be highlighted at the end of the conference.

:arrow: Watch it live, here (Twitch)
:arrow: Watch it live, here (YouTube)

Roundup Highlights

• Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart announced.
  • Resident Evil VIII announced.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2 confirmed.
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure revealed.
  • Demon's Souls remake is finally real.
  • There will be a PS5 Digital Edition.

V6VnqmI.png

0I7zGOT.png
ps5-sideoriginal-jpg.213053

Live Coverage

We get to see the history of previous PlayStation exclusives

Grand Theft Auto V will be enhanced on the PS5, coming 2021.
GTA Online will be free for PS5 owners.

The next reveal is Spider-Man: Miles Morales, launches holiday 2020.

Grand Turismo is back in the 7th entry.

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart announced. We get to see both cinematic and gameplay footage.

Square Enix's Luminous Productions reveals Project Athia, will be exclusive to PS5.

Annapurna's latest game shows a cat walking through a small city full of robots. It's called Stray. 2021.

HouseMarque is developing a game about a woman who crashed her spaceship on a planet and died, only to wake up on a planet that changes each time she wakes up. Returnal.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure is a new title in the Little Big Planet series. It's a 3D platformer.

This next game is about destruction derbies titled Destruction Allstars.

Play as a small girl who can control various creatures in a large foresty world in Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

Goodbye Volcano High launches 2021 and is about highschool aged animals in a band.

A new Oddworld game was announced, subtitled Soulstorm.

Ghostwire Tokyo is back again, with some new gameplay footage. 2021.

Superbrothers is developing a game about space travel. Holiday 2020.

Gearbox is working on a game that focuses on melee combat. Called Godfall. Holiday 2020.

The void is calling, in this 3D exploration game that looks very similar to Journey. It's called Solar Ash. 2021.

There's a new Hitman game coming in Hitman III, due out Jan 2021.

PlayStation has a new 3D platformer in the form of Astro's Playroom, looking to possibly be a demo game for new users.

Little Devil Inside seems to be a comedic game with 3D action.

Googly eyed living strawberries and sandwich snakes exist peacefully in this new game made by the Octodad devs. Bugsnax. Holiday 2020.

NBA 2k21. Fall 2020.

Demon's Souls finally gets its remake. Made by Bluepoint.

Arkane is working on a very Dishonored-like game about time loops. Cool powers and guns will be how you get further each loop and kill all eight of your targets before midnight. Deathloop.

Resident Evil VIIIage (village) is the next Resident Evil game. 2021.

A man in a large mechanical suit talks to a small girl and her digital robot cat as a monster crashes through the sky in Pragmata coming 2020 from Capcom.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 confirmed. Forbidden West.

Attachments

• ps5-sideoriginal.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 391
  • rnqteyqcwi451.png
    rnqteyqcwi451.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by shaunj66,

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, and it is kind of annoying to have to go look for the disc when the whole game is installed on your console, you have the icon to select it, you can run it but it still asks you to go fetch the disc without a real purpose as if you were a dog.

Times must have been harsh when you had to put in a CD back when the console (i.e. the PS1 through PS3) actually had to read data off of it in order to play the game.

If you don't mind your right to resell a game, you can still buy the digital version. Otherwise it's just like the good old times, but with the added "benefit" of you having time for a cup of tea or two while that stupidly big game you just bought and can't wait to play installs on your stupidly small hard drive. I find that more annoying than fetching a disc from my usually decently arranged collection.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh please. Stop trying to play the innocent here. It's not working. Your charity and software/hardware comments were pure blatant insinuations at how you viewed my intelligence. I also quite clearly stated that the drive requires other components even if built in to the same motherboard as the rest of the PS5. I never once said anything about an entire extra motherboard. At all. You injected that nonsense all on your own.

And you want to continue the intelligence insults & make comments about reading properly? LOL! Okay bud. I'm finished with this. Okay? Thanks.

There's no innocence here. It's simple. You were being a putz and I was pointing it out. I said that if I asked, you would reject contributing to charity; and here it is--I didn't even ask and you jumped to self-martyring and lashing out. How can one be more pathetic one would wonder. How about it? Will you give me fifty bucks? I thought not...

heartless cheap ass and incredibly stupid

You also stated previously, that the PS5 would need to integrate player hardware, beyond the drive, and that it would cost Sony more than $50 to do it. If you feel like your intelligence is being insulted it's purely projection from a guilty conscience. Okay? Thanks.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Times must have been harsh when you had to put in a CD back when the console (i.e. the PS1 through PS3) actually had to read data off of it in order to play the game.
Back then it made sense, on the one hand you didn't have to wait half an hour for the game to install, you just put the disc on and you played; on the hand other hand it actually made sense to put the disc in as the data had to be read from the disc, not the case anymore with current consoles, you shouldn't need to put the disc in if the game is already installed, there's no real need to do it other than a cumbersome DRM sloution.
If you don't mind your right to resell a game, you can still buy the digital version. Otherwise it's just like the good old times, but with the added "benefit" of you having time for a cup of tea or two while that stupidly big game you just bought and can't wait to play installs on your stupidly small hard drive. I find that more annoying than fetching a disc from my usually decently arranged collection.
I think you could develop a less greedy approach to this type of DRM, e.g. if you put the disc into the console once in the last week/month don't ask for it again. Sure you could say "ah, but that opens the possibility of neighbors using the same game together just sharing the disc here and there", to what I would reply "yeah, don't be so greedy".

Reactions: Subtle Demise

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no innocence here. It's simple. You were being a putz and I was pointing it out. I said that if I asked, you would reject contributing to charity; and here it is--I didn't even ask and you jumped to self-martyring and lashing out. How can one be more pathetic one would wonder. How about it? Will you give me fifty bucks? I thought not...

You also stated previously, that the PS5 would need to integrate player hardware, beyond the drive, and that it would cost Sony more than $50 to do it. If you feel like your intelligence is being insulted it's purely projection from a guilty conscience. Okay? Thanks.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Wow. Talk about triggered & completely delusional. I've had enough of your severe mental illness and illiteracy. Added to ignore list. Buh-bye now.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Wow. Talk about triggered. I've had enough of your severe mental illness and illiteracy. Blocked. Buh-bye now.
I hear that some people drive a oversized trucks because they are compensating for their lack of big penis. What are 30 emojis compensating for? ;)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hear that some people drive a oversized trucks because they are compensating for their lack of penis. What are 30 emojis compensating for? ;)
Compensates for lack of base for an argument sure, but I'm not sure who you are replying to.
I think I did my "ignore" work right this time around.
I was almost unaware of the ongoing drama, saves time required to skip through it.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: tabzer

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not a big fan of the design, but the games look cool enough. That being said, if I were to get a newer console I would probably opt for the Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. For me who mainly does my gaming on PC I don't feel like investing too heavily into any console.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Back then it made sense, on the one hand you didn't have to wait half an hour for the game to install, you just put the disc on and you played; on the hand other hand it actually made sense to put the disc in as the data had to be read from the disc, not the case anymore with current consoles, you shouldn't need to put the disc in if the game is already installed, there's no real need to do it other than a cumbersome DRM sloution.

I think you could develop a less greedy approach to this type of DRM, e.g. if you put the disc into the console once in the last week/month don't ask for it again. Sure you could say "ah, but that opens the possibility of neighbors using the same game together just sharing the disc here and there", to what I would reply "yeah, don't be so greedy".

I feel you. Console manufacturers lack in the fairness department and when it comes to reselling what you bought, they sure try their best to get rid of even the mere possibility. We all remember how MS tried to make the Xbone an always online console. Now Sony gets their take by releasing a (most probably cheaper) all digital PS5. I'm curious how well that thing will sell and I hope it won't at all.

The way to go would be to finally make digital purchases resellable. That way I wouldn't even mind physical game releases vanishing, since digitally sold goods are more eco-friendly anyways.

Last edited by Axido,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fear that this system can be breakable. Look at the tips of the console ? They can be bend or break off. I will be careful because I always wear cloth over my PS4 to protect from dust when not in used. I am very fusy and I also use the cloth to cover Nintendo Switch too since NES when I was teenager and still today as an adult.

They are expensive and shouldn't be neglect like I see many consoles and portable in the PAWN shop and in Ebay.. Bad care and poorly. Sad!

I say they both will be $699 to $899. Probably be the same price as 1 another.

Hahahaha. Sony is not going to make same mistake twice. I got a feeling that Digital might be 499 and Standard might be 599. Dont forget that Sony wants to competitive against Microsoft. Microsoft is going to sell it cheaper than Sony. We shall wait and see.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ok this looks a bit better visually than what i initially saw it will look like.
Controller is so unoriginal its almost boring...at least it follows the console's style. But it looks like a regular PS4 controller with some white skin/coat.

Anyway, consoles shouldn't look like PC towers, that's just stupid design imo. I already have a PC at home, i don't want another one.

I wish Conosle manufacturers make some original designs like they used to instead of this minimalistic crap,
(i don't think of minimalism as a crap per se, its just a figure of speech, but the market is just so over-saturated with these faceless, flat, smooth designs. My eyes don't have anything to follow and "eat")
i imiss times when consoles are small and interesting to look at, and every console had its own "character" and it's their trademark.
Even Play Station 1 looks original and memorable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

bruh
stop trying to kill my hype
console wars are retarded
When did we started blaming other people opinions for how we feel about stuff?

If someone killed your hype by text on the screen than you where probably falsely hyped, meaning you didn't like this think on your own, but others pulled you into liking.
I mean if you really like something no one can kill your mood.

Besides, i don't see how console wars are stupid. They are kinda natural, since some like this some like that and they clash, hence "war". Not everione is ZEN buddhist.

Some people have strong feelings about some things and are willing to defend their preference, beliefs and views. i don't see that as a bad thing per se. If nothing it makes this borring gaming scene a bit more interesting if nothing. I mean it's not like its a literal war! xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would love to see the hardware at the end.
Id more like to see games
Anyone else hearing rumors about the pricing? Saying it's between $600-$750 USD. If so, Playstation is gonna have another PS3.
And that's cheap?!?!?
Thats literally 2 average paychecks in my country!

Obviously this is console for the ritch.

Anyway, i really wish they stop with this and just make more affordable consoles, or at least manufacture older consoles for cheaper prices.
I mean games are games, no matter where they are played.
Ninrtendo did it with mini consoles it just proves they CAN make but they just push new stuff, which i don't have any problem with but at least make it more affordable for more people and not for elite ones.

Last edited by MetoMeto,

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish Conosle manufacturers make some original designs like they used to instead of this minimalistic crap,
(i don't think of minimalism as a crap per se, its just a figure of speech, but the market is just so over-saturated with these faceless, flat, smooth designs. My eyes don't have anything to follow and "eat")
i imiss times when consoles are small and interesting to look at, and every console had its own "character" and it's their trademark.
Even Play Station 1 looks original and memorable.
And that's where PCs come in! :D
The thing i love about gaming PCs (besides all the obvious advantages it has over consoles) is the fact that no matter how you build your PC it will always be a memorable design. Maybe it's because of the RGB, or maybe it uses a mini ATX and is almost as small as a console, maybe it's built into the desk, maybe it's built on the wall, or it just uses a case you really really like. maybe you like the design of the graphics card, or the motherboard, no matter what it is PC designs will stick with you for one reason or another, even the prebuilt ones

Reactions: Xzi and MetoMeto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it