Hacking [Speculation] Super Mario Odyssey uses v3.0.1 gamecrypto

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone seems to really be angaist piracy... in a site that helps enabling it and encourages it with the community tools...

You know what, piracy helped the wii and ds to move million of consoles, i highly doubt the switch will ever be as popular as the ds or wii was.
No I'm not against it I'm all for a bit of homebrew now and again! I'm just talking sense. Mario Odyseey, fact is one of the most wanted and looked after games ever at the moment and I can't see many Switch owners not updating to play this title, well I certainly wouldn't I would not miss this game for nothing! I'm certainly not against homebrew, you only have to checkout my sigi but what I will say is I never buy a console just on the hopes of hacking it..

Last edited by Reecey,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think 6 months in is a bit early for all the definitive statements being tossed around. It truly is the ADHD generation when no one can even contemplate what might happen a few years from now, or dare I say, be patient and just wait and see.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think 6 months in is a bit early for all the definitive statements being tossed around. It truly is the ADHD generation when no one can even contemplate what might happen a few years from now, or dare I say, be patient and just wait and see.
oh god shut up

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It truly is the ADHD generation when no one can even contemplate what might happen a few years from now, or dare I say, be patient and just wait and see.

It's unfortunate that patience is a rare commodity these days. Even moreso that it's something that has to be learned and can't be taught.

oh god shut up

Are you ok? You seem very upset about something. Would you like to talk about it?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys if you're on 3.0.0 or below just get a second switch like i did. I was going to update for Mario Odyssey but I want to have my cake and eat a second cake too

I admire that you can get a second Switch when I'm not lucky and/or financed enough to get one. Amazing.

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Too bad - would have been great if it had 3.0.

Sure i have to wait untill anything near like FW Spoofing will come down, but thats ok for me - that was the whole reason i bought a Switch as i want Homebrew and untill then i just wait untill i can play Odysee and other Games and Play Rabbids Kingdom :)

Ofcourse i'm buying those games as i preordered Odysee and will get it in 2 days since even tough i want Homebrew and stuff it is clear that i have to buy those games to support the Devs and Ninty

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean we won't be able to get ripped models and music?
Once we can get some form of homebrew working on the Switch, it won't be long until we are able to dump things out of RAM, or from the game itself.

And you can't download NUS content yet, because there is no tickets available.

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how people are spending $300 buying a second Switch just on the hope of eventually having software to download pirated games. Lol I'm all for pirated games, but by the time that happens used generation 1 Switches will be like $100 and the must have games will cost like $10. Why not just buy a Nvidia Shield and play better games and all the emulation your heart desires at that point? How much money can you be saving if Switch game loaders existed? The Switch's library basically consists of a ton of mediocre games with like 3-4 must haves. And then what? Once new games come out it turns into another cat and mouse game?

I absolutely love hacking out my consoles to put game loaders and emulators in it, but even this isn't worth it to me. I updated mine from 2.1.0 to 4.0.0 yesterday. I was holding out for a while and once I updated it was sooooooo nice being able to go into the eShop again. My body is so ready for Mario Odyssey on Friday, it's going to be glorious.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys if you're on 3.0.0 or below just get a second switch like i did. I was going to update for Mario Odyssey but I want to have my cake and eat a second cake too
they been told already,the point here a lot of people love to get games and play but they dont want spend a dime.i do have 2 switch consoles,ps4,xbox one,wii u,wii,psp,3ds,xbox 360
and and gonna add xbox one x project scorpio too,i am working i do love video games and i dont mind to spend

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how people are spending $300 buying a second Switch just on the hope of eventually having software to download pirated games. Lol I'm all for pirated games, but by the time that happens used generation 1 Switches will be like $100 and the must have games will cost like $10. Why not just buy a Nvidia Shield and play better games and all the emulation your heart desires at that point? How much money can you be saving if Switch game loaders existed? The Switch's library basically consists of a ton of mediocre games with like 3-4 must haves. And then what? Once new games come out it turns into another cat and mouse game?

I absolutely love hacking out my consoles to put game loaders and emulators in it, but even this isn't worth it to me. I updated mine from 2.1.0 to 4.0.0 yesterday. I was holding out for a while and once I updated it was sooooooo nice being able to go into the eShop again. My body is so ready for Mario Odyssey on Friday, it's going to be glorious.
One consideration is: you don't need an entire Nintendo Switch to have a 3.0.0 console, you just need the tablet. You can gut the system and sell off the dock and joycons, and bring the price of the tablet down to the $160 vicinity. It's not a bad investment, and I think you'll be able to sell it for at least that in the years to come, especially with that potential for piracy existing.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. I would say considering the sheer popularity of piracy as was demonstrated by the still expensive Cubic Ninja game, combined with eFuse technology making downgrading impossible, we are looking at a simple case of low supply, high demand of exploitable switches; as more people update their switches, lower firmware switches will become rarer and rarer. I foresee the price of old switches dropping until homebrew is complete (years and years from now) and then rising to be even more expensive than they are today. It also seems like Nintendo is getting tired of our tom foolery, as updates get higher I imagine they will have less and less vulnerabilities.

Last edited by machinoman,

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but still though, that's assuming this thing will be full blown like the DS/3DS. Say it does get hacked well, with games like this that have gamecrypto you can't guarantee that you'll have the freely distributed images at their launch essentially making you miss out if you didn't shell out money for a second Switch. Nintendo finally got wise enough and learned a thing or two about security from Sony and Microsoft.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Once we can get some form of homebrew working on the Switch, it won't be long until we are able to dump things out of RAM, or from the game itself.

And you can't download NUS content yet because there are no tickets available.
It's not on NUS, Nintendo is using a completely different server with actual encryption and cert checking this time, at least they learned something this time round

D

Deleted User

I already updated to the last firmware because i have many other consoles for homebrew like ps3, wii u, xbox 360, 3ds, ps vita. and i really want to play mario odyssey, kirby and yoshi games on the switch. Also I already pre ordered the game (mario) so i must play it.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Raverrevolution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...