Stuff you just don't get?

Myst3ry_MAN-08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it you need to find the value of x, so it would be something like this if you needed to show how to work it out.

144=-12x-60

Add 60 to both sides to get rid of the -60

ie: 144+60 = -12x-60+60

204 = -12x

Divide both sides by the same factor:

204/-12 = -12x/-12

-17 = -12x/-12

Cancel terms that are in both the numerator and denominator

-17 = x

Solution: x = -17
images (1).jpeg

*audible sound of brain deflation
...yea ok makes perfect sense thank you

• Haha
Reactions: Xdqwerty

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously it's a topic I'm very passionate about. I hope that one day if this "dumbass teen" ever grows up and decides to have kid(s) of their own, even if they didn't read my posts, they'll remember that this alternate opinion exists, and do some research before making any decisions. And the good news is that, at least in my opinion, the new generation is sooo much better at that than older generations.

The best to you and your (future) family.
I'm not even thinking of starting a family, as the oldest child, I already know having kids is a shitshow

Reactions: BigOnYa

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
13-year olds joining GBAtemp to ask for ROMs or asking if a game can be ported to another console.

Obviously it's a topic I'm very passionate about. I hope that one day if this "dumbass teen" ever grows up and decides to have kid(s) of their own, even if they didn't read my posts, they'll remember that this alternate opinion exists, and do some research before making any decisions. And the good news is that, at least in my opinion, the new generation is sooo much better at that than older generations.

The best to you and your (future) family.
One day, I wish that dumbass teens grow up to be much more mature and humble, than being a straight up prick to society.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why anyone cares about pronouns, like hey asshole some people have lives and bills to pay, worry about that shit on your own time.
Post automatically merged:

I get how people can believe they are supporting "freedom" by being a shit person, like transphobia, racism, sexism, etc.

that doesnt make any sense, no one does this.

• Angry
Reactions: SylverReZ

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
that doesnt make any sense, no one does this.
Please go outside or at least research into groups who are the loudest about “freedom.” Look up anti-lgbt protests, KKK protests, etc. they are regularly holding signs and proclaiming it’s about “freedom.” “Free speech absolutists” regularly protest and attempt to censor lgbt conversations. It’s always the people screeching the loudest about “freedom” who seem to hate freedom the most when it’s not their version of “freedom.”
why anyone cares about pronouns, like hey asshole some people have lives and bills to pay, worry about that shit on your own time.
I fail to see how respecting another person interferes with another person’s life.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please go outside or at least research into groups who are the loudest about “freedom.” Look up anti-lgbt protests, KKK protests, etc. they are regularly holding signs and proclaiming it’s about “freedom.” “Free speech absolutists” regularly protest and attempt to censor lgbt conversations. It’s always the people screeching loud about “freedom” who seem to hate freedom the most when it’s not their version of “freedom.”

I fail to see how respecting another person interferes with another person’s life.

well why wouldnt you protest LBGt? its been nothing but a problem for the country. same thing goes for free speech absolutistism, why would anyone protest that? we should also be able to say anyting. In fairness, freedom in delusion is really not freedom at all.

Similarly, do you wanna know how i know you dont mean the second part? you didnt ask me my pronouns before responding, so much for respect :cry:

well why wouldnt you protest LBGt? its been nothing but a problem for the country. same thing goes for free speech absolutist. In fairness, freedom in delusion is really not freedom at all.

Similarly, do you wanna know how i know you dont mean the second part? you didnt ask me my pronouns before responding, so much for respect :cry:

thats what i thought

Last edited by lolcatzuru,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
well why wouldnt you protest LBGt? its been nothing but a problem for the country. same thing goes for free speech absolutist. In fairness, freedom in delusion is really not freedom at all.

thats what i thought
I can understand how some of the worst and loudest of any community can hurt the appearance of the rest of them. At the same time, it’s worth remembering that the vast majority of all communities are just living their lives quietly. Most of my coworkers either don’t know I am trans or don’t care, they are just happy to see someone working hard and being friendly to others. This kind of attitude is more common than people think. I don’t get why people send so much time having beef with others over stupid reasons, then claiming it’s “freedom.” I don’t get how “freedom” means another person isn’t free to just live their life in peace.

Reactions: Ryccardo

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand how some of the worst and loudest of any community can hurt the appearance of the rest of them. At the same time, it’s worth remembering that the vast majority of all communities are just living their lives quietly. Most of my coworkers either don’t know I am trans or don’t care, they are just happy to see someone working hard and being friendly to others. This kind of attitude is more common than people think. I don’t get why people send so much time having beef with others over stupid reasons, then claiming it’s “freedom.” I don’t get how “freedom” means another person isn’t free to just live their life in peace.

you are free to live your life in peace, no one is stopping you, the problem is, thats not really what you want, you claim it is, but thats a lie, do you know how i know that? insisting other people bend to you in an absolute lest they be called a horrible name ( btw still havent asked me my pronouns) is not peace, seeking out other people to affirm whatever shit rolls around in your head is by definition not peace. Also if it makes you feel better, we dont care what adults do, no one ever has, we care how it impacts the younger generation as we dont like people lying to them about things, as a generality.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you are free to live your life in peace, no one is stopping you, the problem is, thats not really what you want, you claim it is, but thats a lie, do you know how i know that? insisting other people bend to you in an absolute lest they be called a horrible name ( btw still havent asked me my pronouns) is not peace, seeking out other people to affirm whatever shit rolls around in your head is by definition not peace. Also if it makes you feel better, we dont care what adults do, no one ever has, we care how it impacts the younger generation as we dont like people lying to them about things, as a generality.
I feel like everyone looks for friends who are going to respect them and not treat them like crap. If your friend group treats you like crap, please consider getting better friends. I can say from experience, a healthy friend group makes a big difference.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like everyone looks for friends who are going to respect them and not treat them like crap. If your friend group treats you like crap, please consider getting better friends. I can say from experience, a healthy friend group makes a big difference.

oh of course, but at that point you are moving the goal post, friends should be nice to you, otherwise why be their friend? but you and i arent friends ( though we can be after you ask me my pronouns) so why should i care? why should you mailman care, he isnt your friend, or excuse me, mailxur. The reason i dont get into the letters mafia, is its a very unealthy group to get into that has a frighteningly high stat that shall not be named that goes along with it, and because of that, its not something that should be promoted or endorsed.

Aaaaaand yet again, a fun thread has been turned into another gender argument. Tut

no one is arguing about their gender here, its not allowed, all genders must be absolute.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Maybe you should learn to accept that not everyone has the same views as you do. TBH you're acting like the bigot that you seem to call everyone else.

Let me remind you off the dictionary definition:

Bigot: Noun
a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Now the fact that you hate Christians and others that disprove of your way of life, only proves that you are the intolerant one around here.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
inb4 lock thanks to the same stupid arguments that everyone can't seem to get past:

I don't understand why everything is made to not fucking last. Like, no matter how good you take care of modern items, they always breaks somehow or stops working.

And they're lees serviceable than older stuff too!

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
inb4 lock thanks to the same stupid arguments that everyone can't seem to get past:

I don't understand why everything is made to not fucking last. Like, no matter how good you take care of modern items, they always breaks somehow or stops working.

And they're lees serviceable than older stuff too!
Yep this annoys me as well. The way that bearings are moulded into the plastic of washing machine drums is a prime example. Or those phones that you pay over a thousand pounds for but can't change the battery without causing some damage to the case etc. Or electric cars - a sheer complete waste of money compared to a petrol car.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
first of all, i meant you only for circumcision and juan only for the 21st century part,
second...
View attachment 419040
I'm always amazed at people who argue on the internet and proudly refuse to have the basic decency to read what they're being told as a response, especially when their contradictor goes through the hassle of writing a detailed, argumented reply, and who use that kind of rudeness as a way to put down their contradictor, as if displaying such bad faith made them gain the upper hand in the discussion.

To me that's the epitome of trolling. Or stupidity maybe. Or both I guess.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
:unsure:... fucking disgusting standard of what's nowadays considered "music" .
:hateit::blank:

All bitches with the same fucking annoying voice pitch, same stupid sound, lyrics can't be more retarded, there's always this fucking 4 note drums in every single piece of shit and the fucking dubstep treatment.
Disgusting!

Reactions: BigOnYa and DaFixer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...