Homebrew Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

GhostBishop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just came across the moonlight port for the switch and had a few questions regarding homebrewing the system. I've used switchroot before and loaded LineageOS on mine, but its more of a pain to get up and running plus its buggy or at least the last time I tried it was. Now for homebrewing, what is the best way to do it so that I can still play online with the stock FW and use the moonlight app on the CFW? I know most times you want to be offline to not have the console banned.

MomZo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.

Is H** Shop working with SX OS and how to install it.

On their website, you can download an archive which contains some files located in 2 folders: "atmosphere" and "switch".

The content of "switch" folder, I know what to do with it, but what about the content of "atmosphere" folder?

---
Edit:
Ok, found some support who explained to me that Tin**** is actually the same thing as H** Shop and helped me to configure it to properly work as I wanted.

Last edited by MomZo,

na1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,

I hope I'm right here. My switch is hackable, and I just want to be able to play my "backup" games, nothing else (no retro-emulation, movei watching, etc.). What I'm looking is a fool (=me) proof way to mod my Switch.
I found a tutorial on youtube with hekate and then something happened and I had to start all over again and lost all my save games. Is there a way to do this super simple? I believe Hekate is where you can choose more custom firmwares which I don't need.
tl;dr:
So I am basically looking for the easiest guide - like I said I just want to play games and that's it.
Thanks so much for your help. :)

cheers

Last edited by na1337,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I hope I'm right here. My switch is hackable, and I just want to be able to play my "backup" games, nothing else (no retro-emulation, movei watching, etc.). What I'm looking is a fool (=me) proof way to mod my Switch.
I found a tutorial on youtube with hekate and then something happened and I had to start all over again and lost all my save games. Is there a way to do this super simple? I believe Hekate is where you can choose more custom firmwares which I don't need.
tl;dr:
So I am basically looking for the easiest guide - like I said I just want to play games and that's it.
Thanks so much for your help. :)

cheers
https://switch.homebrew.guide/

cuongnd8791

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I had a trouble with nxmtp. My Nintendo Switch used Atmosphere, and I used to use nxmtp to manage and copy some content and homebrew into it. However, today I have just updated to version 11.0.0 with AMS 0.16.0, then when I open nxmtp, I get an error code: 2168-0001 (0x2a8) and have to press POWER to restart. Please help me fix it or tell me another file transferring homebrew like nxmtp. Thanks

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid there is no solution right now. That's why people are advised to not update as soon as a new FW is available. Some work should be done before everything is OK. Homebrew needs to be recompiled to support the new FW, and don't expect all homebrews will be updated too soon, if ever!

Reactions: cuongnd8791

greenmky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, new here. I've been chasing this one for like a year.

For ages I was running my old FW 2.3 switch with Pegaswitch.

Retroarch (or standalone PPSSPP) would crash hard with a memdump error. Couldn't get a single PS1 or PSP game to work. SNES, NES, Genesis, etc all work fine.

So recently, i wiped and started over, carefully followed instructions, now I'm using Pegascape from FW 2.3 to boot Caffeine and then boot to proper emuMMC with Atmosphere. Now the same things (PPSPP standalone or retroarch, or PS1 via retroarch), I now get a "software must be closed" error...not really better.

So it is now... start game (Mario Kart or Zelda BoTW), r-button switch to hbmenu, results...PSP and PSX cores hard crash with the Switch software closed error.

Tried also: installing retroarch from switch menu instead of download, installing newest nightly from git, installing stable branch from git, removing BIOSes, trying different PSX roms. I'll note the PS1 roms and BIOSes works fine on my retropie setup so I know that isn't the issue.

Again, Retroarch for Genesis, SNES, etc all work fine...just not PPSSPP or PCSX-rearmed.

Can anyone help? All I can think is that it is something related to me using old firmware and Caffeine to boot into CFW somehow. Because the problem doesn't seem common.

I did poke a head in at a few of the crash logs, and they seem to be hbmenu related crashes, but it isn't entirely clear.

Last edited by greenmky,

Sirsharpest

Trophies
Website
sirsharpest.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Not sure if this is the place to ask this: I'm an experienced developer (10+ years with a wide range of languages) and a history of working on open source projects. I've never developed for the Switch and I would like to join a project which is active and in need of some extra hands, specifically in code generation and development.

So, if anyone is part of a project which would benefit from an extra dev, please let me know.

p.s. I was considering working on that openMW port, but it seems abandoned and being a novice with switch dev I don't think I could revive alone.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Not sure if this is the place to ask this: I'm an experienced developer (10+ years with a wide range of languages) and a history of working on open source projects. I've never developed for the Switch and I would like to join a project which is active and in need of some extra hands, specifically in code generation and development.

So, if anyone is part of a project which would benefit from an extra dev, please let me know.

p.s. I was considering working on that openMW port, but it seems abandoned and being a novice with switch dev I don't think I could revive alone.
Could you try and get minecraft running on switch? You just have to somehow get arm java running under horizon and compile the extra libaries minecraft uses.

StomperX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you try and get minecraft running on switch? You just have to somehow get arm java running under horizon and compile the extra libaries minecraft uses.

Someone named “ConsoleLogLuke” was trying this... Under the title “nxcraft” on github
But it has been 5 months since his last update so you may have to wait and see

antonyfirst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I have a quetion. I have Kosmos installed on my Switch, which, I think, was discontinued. How can I pass to another custom fw, now?

And which all in one solution can I install? Should I install Deep Sea, for example?

Thanks for helping (especially for the first question)!!

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have a quetion. I have Kosmos installed on my Switch, which, I think, was discontinued. How can I pass to another custom fw, now?

And which all in one solution can I install? Should I install Deep Sea, for example?

Thanks for helping (especially for the first question)!!
They recommend you use sdsetup.

antonyfirst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks... is there a step by step guide to follow?
I initially hacked it sending payload with TegraRCM gui a couple of years ago and I don't remember which guide I have followed back then
OK, never mind this post, I managed to do everything and now I have passed to Deep Sea.

I still do have a question, though: when the Switch runs out of battery, after charging it, i still have to send it a payload from the pc, otherwise it will not boot into Hekate. Is it possible to prevent this and have it boot Hekatw without the usage of the pc?

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are RCM Loaders on the market, you can find them on sites like AliExpress. Most Android phones can send payloads too with an app. Besides that, there is no way to do this except for some hardmod stuff that is too much work for such a little advantage.

Reactions: antonyfirst

antonyfirst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are RCM Loaders on the market, you can find them on sites like AliExpress. Most Android phones can send payloads too with an app. Besides that, there is no way to do this except for some hardmod stuff that is too much work for such a little advantage.
Great, thanks! With android phones, can I send the payload wirelessly or do I need an otg cable?

cold_cell

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi gbatemp, maybe you can you help me
The situation is like this: I had a hacked switch(I bought it already cracked four years ago) with atmosphere, autocrm, hekate, and so on
Once I took out the SD card and inserted it into my old MacBook Pro to upload some music files to it. I wanted to listen to it on my Chinese player (xduoo x3) while I'm on the train, it was going to be a long trip and the phone battery might not be enough. The format of the memory card is exFAT by the way,. I also cleaned all the temporary files that mac os leaves(like I always do). Everything seemed to be fine. I came back from a trip and wanted to play my switch. I inserted the sd card into the switch and turned it on.(autoCRM was set up, so nothing needed to be pressed) Instead of the atmosphere logo, I saw the standard nintendo logo. Stock firmware has started. Not a single custom application could be launched. AutoRCM is gone. I cannot run hekate, I cannot do anything. I cannot load to RCM at all. What the @@@ happened?

Last edited by cold_cell,

Yamathedestroyer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let's just say that I have trouble believing this, as it just sounds too crafted (e.g. mentioning your SD being exFAT even though LITERALLY EVERYONE recommends avoiding it for years, pretty much since day one). AutoRCM deleting itself being just about impossible other than by an official Update without Atmosphere running. But if you're willing to supply proof/more information, I would be very glad to help. Well, at least if it turns out that you're not some kid stealing attention of people on the Internet, otherwise I wish you wet your sleeve when washing your hands and stub your little toe while you're at it.

• Haha
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto