SXOS v2.9.5 beta released, supports firmware 10.0.1 and more

SX295.png

Lagging slightly behind the competition, Team Xecuter have been hard at work to see their SX OS continue to be enjoyed on the latest firmware. [prebreak][/prebreak]As well as this, support for the recently released China region Switch cartridges has been implemented, on top of general improvements to online local multiplayer.

You can check out their press release below:
This SX OS update addresses the following things:
  • Full support for firmware 10.0(.1)
    The latest and greatest firmware is fully supported now. This includes compatibility with the minor update released this week (10.0.1)!
  • Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) updated.
    Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) has gotten some stability improvements. This should help with newer games like Animal Crossing. Please keep in mind to use appropriate MTU/PMTU settings, as some games are very picky about the introduced latency when playing over the internet.
  • Support for chinese gamecart images.
    We have added support for playing backups of chinese gamecart (XCI) images. The switch released in Mainland China only has very few cartridges available at the moment, but this groundwork has also been made so we can support playing western games on chinese switches that soon will be able to run SX OS using our new SX Core/Lite product family!
Users of the SX Autoloader should be aware you need to update it as well also, so please check the Official TX Community or their Official TX Chat Server for the updated files from Team [WAIN]. :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Beta 2.9.5 has a bug wich involves crashing of games like Smash bros, gris etc. hopefully this is worked on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes there’s a few:-

Switch errors out 2162-0002 with the sxos logo when you press B to close eshop, you then have to restart the console.
Also using B button in general causes many crashes 2162-0002 in lots of games.
All xci backups freeze when stealth modes off and WiFi is connected
Switch will error out with sxos logo when attempting to link your Nintendo Account to the console
Cheat systems broken so I’ve heard.
Local Wireless Play (still broken)
xci Mario Odyseey Music plays distorted also pressing B out the manual causes switch to crash.
Super Smash Ultimate crashes the switch 2162-0002 error when entering “Online/OK...” online Multiplayer game.
Luigis Mansion 3 crashes the switch 2162-0002 using B button in game.

If your console is banned you won’t notice some of these problems you can only replicate on a online enabled system with stealth mode disabled.

Apart from those few minor issues not too bad! The sxos cfw of late is a total mess to be honest! There are so many major bugs in it you would not believe... it’s a shame quite sad to see it.
This is a problem I have also with Smash bros etc. Actually my switch IS banned but The console is linked to my account. It crashes no matter what setting I use. If I boot a clean new save file I cannot get past the first welcoming message before the first gameplay match. it's a mess indeed. firmware 10.01 no emunand, Loding from usb or installing nsp makes NO difference!

Reactions: bostonBC

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheat systems broken so I’ve heard.
Searching in [main] parts of memory is broken, but cheats themselves aren’t broken. I was playing around with an infinite jump code on New Super Lucky’s Tail just a couple of days ago.

Also, most games that have any reason to “phone home” will throw error after error, if you have WiFi turned on, but Ninty’s servers blocked. Better to just turn off WiFi, and those errors will stop popping up in those games.

Edit: and did I just read someone complaining about errors in eshop? Sorry, but if you’re using the eshop while running CFW, you’re a complete idiot.

Last edited by urherenow,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Searching in [main] parts of memory is broken, but cheats themselves aren’t broken. I was playing around with an infinite jump code on New Super Lucky’s Tail just a couple of days ago.

Also, most games that have any reason to “phone home” will throw error after error, if you have WiFi turned on, but Ninty’s servers blocked. Better to just turn off WiFi, and those errors will stop popping up in those games.

Edit: and did I just read someone complaining about errors in eshop? Sorry, but if you’re using the eshop while running CFW, you’re a complete idiot.
You make it sound like your justifying with these problems that it’s all ok! “hay turn stealth mode on and WiFi off and the games will work” ... why should I do that when I want to? “Don’t use eshop in cfw you’re an idiot”... why should I not use eshop in cfw why does that make me an idiot? I bought the sxos I have a right to use exactly what I want and if it’s broken then in my book it needs fixing. Tbh you sound like the idiot following the rest of the sheep mods over at TX forums! They sound just like you coming up with reasons as to why these problems can have a quick fix but really deep down the sxos cfw is fubar!!

Last edited by Reecey,

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You make it sound like your justifying with these problems that it’s all ok! “hay turn stealth mode on and WiFi off and the games will work” ... why should I do that when I want to? “Don’t use eshop in cfw you’re an idiot”... why should I not use eshop in cfw why does that make me an idiot? I bought the sxos I have a right to use exactly what I want and if it’s broken then in my book it needs fixing. Tbh you sound like the idiot following the rest of the sheep mods over at TX forums! They sound just like you coming up with reasons as to why these problems can have a quick fix but really deep down the sxos cfw is fubar!!

you obviously have no idea what CFW means you can and can't do (without getting your switch banned) - no matter if you use SX OS or Atmosphere.

But I know you do (know what can and cannot be done when using CFW and wanting to use eshop and how some online games need wifi disabled), so your post of the above examples makes absolutely no sense at all.

Last edited by gizmomelb,
Reactions: urherenow

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why should I not use eshop in cfw why does that make me an idiot?
because Nintendo will ban your account and/or your console. Then you won't be able to access eshop anyway. Those errors have nothing to do with SX. They are built-in to the games, because they see an internet connection and want to use it. You will see the same errors on the same games in Atmosphere if you use 90dns to block Nintendo servers.

You do you though. See how well eshop and online games work when you're banned.

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Using a CFW practically means you will take a step back from any official support from Nintendo what so ever.
So, no Eshop, Nintendo online etc. You can however use internet via Specific homebrew.
You will have to find a way to get your games working, find a way to fetch updates etc yourself.

Still as it stand now witch sxos, TX really should fix it.
The errors and corruption that sometimes occur are pita!
More than a handfull of games are broken ( with wifi workourounds etc ) it is a mess atm.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
you obviously have no idea what CFW means you can and can't do (without getting your switch banned) - no matter if you use SX OS or Atmosphere.

But I know you do (know what can and cannot be done when using CFW and wanting to use eshop and how some online games need wifi disabled), so your post of the above examples makes absolutely no sense at all.
because Nintendo will ban your account and/or your console. Then you won't be able to access eshop anyway. Those errors have nothing to do with SX. They are built-in to the games, because they see an internet connection and want to use it. You will see the same errors on the same games in Atmosphere if you use 90dns to block Nintendo servers.

You do you though. See how well eshop and online games work when you're banned.
Guys I have been doing this since you were first put in your nappies I don’t need to take advice off yourselves. I have been using online features in sxos cfw since mid 2017 so I I’m pretty sure I know a thing or two about what I am doing I suggest take advice from me and not from someone like yourselves who’s being doing it a short time and thinks they know everything also Atmosphere doesn’t use xci backups so how can you replicate the freeze issue with Atmosphere cfw! Guys these features are broken and need fixing stop trying to sugar coat them all off as if to say don’t use online features you will be ok that’s bollocks! Stop trying to defend TX sxos cfw is a complete mess and needs addressing urgently..

Last edited by Reecey,

Horaldo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Guys I have been doing this since you were first put in your nappies I don’t need to take advice off yourselves. I have been using online features in sxos cfw since mid 2017 so I I’m pretty sure I know a thing or two about what I am doing I suggest take advice from me and not from someone like yourselves who’s being doing it a short time and thinks they know everything also Atmosphere doesn’t use xci backups so how can you replicate the freeze issue with Atmosphere cfw! Guys these features are broken and need fixing stop trying to sugar coat them all off as if to say don’t use online features you will be ok that’s bollocks! Stop trying to defend TX sxos cfw is a complete mess and needs addressing urgently..

Online works fine for me no crashes. Must be something from you end.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Online works fine for me no crashes. Must be something from you end.
It works fine for genuine eshop titles and retail cartridge, the freeze only happens on xci backup dumps with the correct injected certificate. Can you confirm what you mean exactly what you have done thanks?

Last edited by Reecey,

Horaldo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
It works fine for genuine eshop titles and retail cartridge, the freeze only happens on xci backup dumps with the correct injected certificate. Can you confirm what you mean exactly what you have done thanks?

I dump my own cartridges. EG Mario Kart 8. Inject certificate into XCI launch through SXOS & play online no issues.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I dump my own cartridges. EG Mario Kart 8. Inject certificate into XCI launch through SXOS & play online no issues.
It's impossible I would like to see a video please? also there's a whole army of switch owners complaining about the same bug over at tx forums so I would be very surprised if its working for you! I have tried dumping Mario Odyseey, MK8Deluxe, Mario Maker 2, Mario Tennis several times with SXDumper & NXDumptool they all freeze on the same spot every time.

@Horaldo
Whats your setup on your Switch do you use emunand under hidden partition or just systemnand cfw? how do you update via nintendo server or Choidijournx, how do you set your switch up to use online features? When is the last time you dumped the game into xci format? Can you give me some details please if you say it works, it just might help?

Last edited by Reecey,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have been doing this since you were first put in your nappies I don’t need to take advice off yourselves. I have been using online features in sxos cfw since mid 2017 so I I’m pretty sure I know a thing or two about what I am doing.

yea... neat trick. See the badge in my sig? The one that says EARLY ADOPTER? I’ve had it since day 1, and it didn’t exist in mid-2017..
@Horaldo
Whats your setup on your Switch do you use emunand under hidden partition or just systemnand cfw? how do you update via nintendo server or Choidijournx, how do you set your switch up to use online features? When is the last time you dumped the game into xci format? Can you give me some details please if you say it works, it just might help?
Lot of questions from someone who knows better. Been using SX since before it existed even. :rofl2:

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
yea... neat trick. See the badge in my sig? The one that says EARLY ADOPTER? I’ve had it since day 1, and it didn’t exist in mid-2017..

Lot of questions from someone who knows better. Been using SX since before it existed even. :rofl2:
yes your right it was mid 2018 not 2017, they released the injected certificate build. Yes of course don’t be so dumb, if the guy claims it works then I want to know!! it could help lots of others having the same problem but I personally think he’s talking shite and trolling.

Last edited by Reecey,

steel4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since i have updated to 10.02 and SX OS 2.95 Beta my Switch is crashing with Error 2168-0002 if i open the Filemanager and the Controller and Sensor Settings.

Anybody with the same issue?

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

the issue with making assumptions is that it just makes you look like an ass.

I built my first computer from a kit in 1981, then went through working in various C64 and Amiga crews in the 80s and 90s, N64 wildcards, PSX mod chips, been there done that and more.

I was also an early adopter of SX OS and have been using it since day 1 (June 2018?) so your comment of using it in mid 2018 with the injected certificate build also raises credibility issues.

Unless you're making XCI images of your own carts and their certs and then going online, or using CFW but NOT installing homebrew or other NSPs (ie: basically a clean copy of your sysNAND in emuNAND) then you risk an online ban when using CFW, homebrew and other NSPs.

Atmosphere can use XCI backups by installing the XCI as an NSP. It cannot dynamically load and eject them like SX OS does.

yes your right it was mid 2018 not 2017, they released the injected certificate build. Yes of course don’t be so dumb, if the guy claims it works then I want to know!! it could help lots of others having the same problem but I personally think he’s talking shite and trolling.

what a coincidence.

Last edited by gizmomelb,

david_enoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 10.0.2 and cannot play games like Kirby. It tells me to install latest software but im already on the latest version of game and system.

Cannot play games like Kirby, it tells me to install latest software but im already on v 10.0.2 and latest update installed for kirby.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I updated to 10.0.2 and cannot play games like Kirby. It tells me to install latest software but im already on the latest version of game and system.

Cannot play games like Kirby, it tells me to install latest software but im already on v 10.0.2 and latest update installed for kirby.

you not on the latest system. v10.0.3 is out and v2.9.5 works fine with it.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wsm5y07qDs