• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Texas abortion law forced women to carry a dead fetus for 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell are you even talking about? You don't need a second opinion a week later to prove that in a ultrasound the baby is dead. One ultra sound is enough to prove it.
Unless your telling me that your expecting it to auto-magically a few days to a week later the heart starts up again, which biology would heavily disagree with that premise. If the heart stops for more than 30 minutes, it's very likely dead.
I was always told that clumps of cells didn't have hearts. Has that changed recently?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? What's the point?
No seriously.
Your insane if you think people want to do that shit.

except she didn't need a second opinion, the doctor did it to cover his ass because of shitty laws. He wouldn't have suggested trying to abort at home if he believed the baby was alive.
He only said he wouldn't, in fear of the prison sentence and the insane fee.

I'm going to suggest this once to you Trader. Only out of recent knowledge I found. I mean this sincerely.

Take a moment, step out of politics for a solid month.
Don't listen to any news, don't listen to any friends, or at least ask them to stop talking about politics, both in jokes and so on.

If you notice I do similar, I'm not always here in these forms.
You should get out more. People say it every single day. There are women out there who are proud of the number of abortions they have gotten.

Doctors always cover their asses. Why do you think they order so many tests every time you walk in?

I do take breaks, but thank for caring. Means a lot to me. Bros 4ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
There are women out there who are proud of the number of abortions they have gotten.
Go outside, talk to your peers. Do they really think that?
Or are you just going by what someone ELSE told you.

Because I know you got that from someone else, and that someone else got it from someone else. a game of online telephone and information silos.

I can tell you that people don't think that, your not going to believe me. So do it with your own eyes. Go ask people, not online, but in person. Do it politely, at least work up to being good aquentices before asking such a question.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
You want him to talk to sewer rats and gutter trash?
funny, but I mean honestly. I want him to talk to other people. Because honestly the only way for me to prove that people don't think that, is for him to get up and look around. Get people's actual opinions. Not from some talking heads, or people who got those talking points from talking head and telephoned it to him.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go outside, talk to your peers. Do they really think that?
Or are you just going by what someone ELSE told you.

Because I know you got that from someone else, and that someone else got it from someone else. a game of online telephone and information silos.

I can tell you that people don't think that, your not going to believe me. So do it with your own eyes. Go ask people, not online, but in person. Do it politely, at least work up to being good aquentices before asking such a question.
I'm going by what women post on social media. Actual videos.

You don't know as much as you think you know.

You can tell that nobody thinks that? That's a bold statement, Cotton...

This woman seems very excited about her abortions. She's also a bigot for assuming that person's gender. Obviously, she doesn't know that men can get pregnant too.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...bout-her-multiple-abortions-i-dont-give-a-fk/

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
I'm going by what women post on social media. Actual videos.
social media is not real life. There's agorthims shaped for YOUR consumption. The results you see are not reflective of real life. It's reflective of what the agorthim thinks is going to get the most engagement from you and keep you on those platforms.

• Love
Reactions: mituzora

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
social media is not real life. There's agorthims shaped for YOUR consumption. The results you see are not reflective of real life. It's reflective of what the agorthim thinks is going to get the most engagement from you and keep you on those platforms.
Videos are videos. You said people don't think like that. I found one in 5 seconds. There are many more out there.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Videos are videos. You said people don't think like that. I found one in 5 seconds. There are many more out there.
How many of those videos are faked? How many of them are real, but reflective of a small minority?
You can't know, until you talk to people in the real world.
Social media and news outlets are not always reflective of what is happening in real life.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Because right now I could look up "everyone is a flat earther"
And get similar results in 5 seconds.
And say that everyone is a flat earther, and I'm the only logical one.

Is it a stupid conclusion? absolutely. But if I was someone who believed that everyone is a flat eather except me and a rare few, and really believed it. And you told me I was wrong, I wouldn't believe you.

That's why I'm asking you to check with people in the real world. Primarily because of the premise. You believe in something strongly, so I'm asking you to put it to the test. See if people actually reflect what your seeing online.

Reactions: Dakitten

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many of those videos are faked? How many of them are real, but reflective of a small minority?
You can't know, until you talk to people in the real world.
Social media and news outlets are not always reflective of what is happening in real life.
There are many videos from the Women's March with thousands of people in attendance supporting those views. I agree, they are a small minority, but they are a very vocal minority whose voices are amplified on social media, the corporate media and Hollywood to make them seem like the majority.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because right now I could look up "everyone is a flat earther"
And get similar results in 5 seconds.
And say that everyone is a flat earther, and I'm the only logical one.

Is it a stupid conclusion? absolutely. But if I was someone who believed that everyone is a flat eather except me and a rare few, and really believed it. And you told me I was wrong, I wouldn't believe you.

That's why I'm asking you to check with people in the real world. Primarily because of the premise. You believe in something strongly, so I'm asking you to put it to the test. See if people actually reflect what your seeing online.
Being a flat earther doesn't kill babies though.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
There are many videos from the Women's March with thousands of people in attendance supporting those views.
Again, Trader, I can do the same for any other issue though for any other protest. Or more accurately, from a news outlet telling me what the a movement is doing.

Because that's what's going on, right? You did look at some of the womens march videos, but, only after it got recommended to you on social media, or a news outlet talked about it.

Again, companies, regardless, not to be trusted.
For example, twitter will always recommend me shit from democrats. Not because I am a democrat, but because the algorithm thinks I'll engage on it. Same applies for facebook, or pretty much any social media platform. The money they get are from me being on the platform both in ads, and things it learns about it me.
Being a flat earther doesn't kill babies though.
Your right. But I'm trying to get a specific idea across. It paints a "the whole world are villains, and I'm the only one of the good guys" situations. Which, by checking on with people IRL, you can at least confirm or deny if it's the case.

Because right now, I can almost guarantee, your in a self confirming situation.
You go look it up online, and the algorithm tells you it's true. It pulls things you'll like, because the algorithm is designed for you to engage. Getting you angry, keeping you on the platform. Which then leads you back to the news websites your familar with talking about the subject, and you go look it up online again, and repeat. It's a information silo.

It's not your fault for falling in it. (almost everyone does, up until they realize what's going on... and sadly some don't figure out)

but they are a very vocal minority whose voices are amplified on social media, the corporate media and Hollywood to make them seem like the majority.
I'm going to suggest this. How are you sure that it's not a narrative you were told to believe?

Let's use flat earthers again. pretend that I'm a flat earther

you tell me that the Earth is round. You give me all the evidence and data to back that up. I tell you that no, the earth is flat, and i link a article from the information silo I've been in.
You might find the situation funny at first, but then it becomes irritating. As it feels like you can never get through to me. You know the article I'm linking is bullshit. So why can't I see it being bullshit?
The reason is though, that I've been caught in a information silo.

No matter what information or evidence you give me to prove to the contray. I'll still believe the earth is flat. Because when you give me the countering information, I'll just end up looking on social media, which knows I'm a flat earther, and give me more flat earth content, eventually linking to someones explanation of why that counter argument you made, doesn't work.
And then I'll say those talking points, even though it's riddled with bullet holes.
my websites tell me the earth is flat, therefore it's flat. I'm given everything to prove that it's flat, and NOTHING in my feed allows it be wrong, because the algorithm knows that I'll stop engaging if it gives me anything other than that.

So let's apply your scenario. You believe that there is an abortion cult, and it's being boosted by the media. I give you evidence and a bit of logic to prove the contrary. You go online, and find results proving your belief. So you then bring up the talking points to disprove me, even though it may or may not be riddled with bullet holes, from a newsoutlet, linked from said social media. This then feeds back into itself, you go online, and find even more shocking things.

See how this plays out?
You'll keep being fed information that works within your silo, because the algorithm whatever platform may be, wants you to keep interacting. Even reading or hovering over a tweet is vital information is sold. So it gives you stories that are self confirming. Blowing things way out of proportion to what they may actually be.
That's why I'm suggesting you to take a break from politics, and talk to people IRL. As that's literately the only way to attempt breaking out of a information silo. It enables a sanity check essentially.

I do that semi monthly. Or at least try my best to. Since it gives me time to actually make sure that I'm not being trapped in one.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, Trader, I can do the same for any other issue though for any other protest. Or more accurately, from a news outlet telling me what the a movement is doing.

Because that's what's going on, right? You did look at some of the womens march videos, but, only after it got recommended to you on social media, or a news outlet talked about it.

Again, companies, regardless, not to be trusted.
For example, twitter will always recommend me shit from democrats. Not because I am a democrat, but because the algorithm thinks I'll engage on it. Same applies for facebook, or pretty much any social media platform. The money they get are from me being on the platform both in ads, and things it learns about it me.

Your right. But I'm trying to get a specific idea across. It paints a "the whole world are villains, and I'm the only one of the good guys" situations. Which, by checking on with people IRL, you can at least confirm or deny if it's the case.

Because right now, I can almost guarantee, your in a self confirming situation.
You go look it up online, and the algorithm tells you it's true. It pulls things you'll like, because the algorithm is designed for you to engage. Getting you angry, keeping you on the platform. Which then leads you back to the news websites your familar with talking about the subject, and you go look it up online again, and repeat. It's a information silo.

It's not your fault for falling in it. (almost everyone does, up until they realize what's going on... and sadly some don't figure out)

I'm going to suggest this. How are you sure that it's not a narrative you were told to believe?

Let's use flat earthers again. pretend that I'm a flat earther

you tell me that the Earth is round. You give me all the evidence and data to back that up. I tell you that no, the earth is flat, and i link a article from the information silo I've been in.
You might find the situation funny at first, but then it becomes irritating. As it feels like you can never get through to me. You know the article I'm linking is bullshit. So why can't I see it being bullshit?
The reason is though, that I've been caught in a information silo.

No matter what information or evidence you give me to prove to the contray. I'll still believe the earth is flat. Because when you give me the countering information, I'll just end up looking on social media, which knows I'm a flat earther, and give me more flat earth content, eventually linking to someones explanation of why that counter argument you made, doesn't work.
And then I'll say those talking points, even though it's riddled with bullet holes.
my websites tell me the earth is flat, therefore it's flat. I'm given everything to prove that it's flat, and NOTHING in my feed allows it be wrong, because the algorithm knows that I'll stop engaging if it gives me anything other than that.

So let's apply your scenario. You believe that there is an abortion cult, and it's being boosted by the media. I give you evidence and a bit of logic to prove the contrary. You go online, and find results proving your belief. So you then bring up the talking points to disprove me, even though it may or may not be riddled with bullet holes, from a newsoutlet, linked from said social media. This then feeds back into itself, you go online, and find even more shocking things.

See how this plays out?
You'll keep being fed information that works within your silo, because the algorithm whatever platform may be, wants you to keep interacting. Even reading or hovering over a tweet is vital information is sold. So it gives you stories that are self confirming. Blowing things way out of proportion to what they may actually be.
That's why I'm suggesting you to take a break from politics, and talk to people IRL. As that's literately the only way to attempt breaking out of a information silo. It enables a sanity check essentially.

I do that semi monthly. Or at least try my best to. Since it gives me time to actually make sure that I'm not being trapped in one.
So I should just disregard everything I see with my lying eyes, right?

Twitter recommends Democrat narratives because their bot farms are Democrat.

There are many good people in the world. I would estimate 94-96% of the people in the world are good. Real life tells me 100%, but that would be naïve. But I can honestly say, I've only been called a fascist and a Nazi online. Never in real life, because people would never say that to your face, but here, anything is game.

I can disprove flat earthers with one statement. If the Earth is flat, cats would have already knocked everything off of it. Boom. You can use that with your next discussion with a flat earther.

You know what helps me see thru these narratives? I spent the first 29 years of my life as a Democrat. I know the talking points. I lived in that silo for a very long time. Then I decided to look outside the echo chamber and found that the beliefs I once held, couldn't withstand even the simplest of challenges. We see it here all the time. These forums are nothing but leftist struggle sessions. They should be happy right now. They control the presidency, the Senate and the House, yet they are even more miserable than when Trump was in office.

I read the same narratives on here from leftists that I used to say. I used to be pro-choice, but as I watched my kids grow up, I couldn't imagine aborting them. Now after seeing how extreme leftists are concerning abortion, there is no way I could ever be pro-choice again.

I've watched the left become more and more extreme through the decades. Who would have thought 10 years ago that we'd be arguing over giving kids puberty blockers and life altering surgeries without informing parents? Who would have thought 10 years ago that we'd be arguing over teachers talking about sex to kindergartners and telling them to not tell their parents?

If I would have told you 10 years ago that the government was going to lock everybody down and prevent them from going to work for a year over a virus similar to the flu, you would have called me a nutcase.

You know what's better than commenting online? Seeing real life. I know people who lost a parent who died in a hospital alone because they were not allowed to see them. Then to twist that knife, they were prevented from having a funeral for their loved one. That's real life. I witnessed it not once but twice. If it's one thing I've learned over the past 2 years is that the left is the complete opposite of love and acceptance.

Now watch the hate roll in from the usual suspects.

At the end of the day, I am an optimist. I know the best is yet to come and nobody can take that away from me.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I should just disregard everything I see with my lying eyes, right?

Twitter recommends Democrat narratives because their bot farms are Democrat.

There are many good people in the world. I would estimate 94-96% of the people in the world are good. Real life tells me 100%, but that would be naïve. But I can honestly say, I've only been called a fascist and a Nazi online. Never in real life, because people would never say that to your face, but here, anything is game.

I can disprove flat earthers with one statement. If the Earth is flat, cats would have already knocked everything off of it. Boom. You can use that with your next discussion with a flat earther.

You know what helps me see thru these narratives? I spent the first 29 years of my life as a Democrat. I know the talking points. I lived in that silo for a very long time. Then I decided to look outside the echo chamber and found that the beliefs I once held, couldn't withstand even the simplest of challenges. We see it here all the time. These forums are nothing but leftist struggle sessions. They should be happy right now. They control the presidency, the Senate and the House, yet they are even more miserable than when Trump was in office.

I read the same narratives on here from leftists that I used to say. I used to be pro-choice, but as I watched my kids grow up, I couldn't imagine aborting them. Now after seeing how extreme leftists are concerning abortion, there is no way I could ever be pro-choice again.

I've watched the left become more and more extreme through the decades. Who would have thought 10 years ago that we'd be arguing over giving kids puberty blockers and life altering surgeries without informing parents? Who would have thought 10 years ago that we'd be arguing over teachers talking about sex to kindergartners and telling them to not tell their parents?

If I would have told you 10 years ago that the government was going to lock everybody down and prevent them from going to work for a year over a virus similar to the flu, you would have called me a nutcase.

You know what's better than commenting online? Seeing real life. I know people who lost a parent who died in a hospital alone because they were not allowed to see them. Then to twist that knife, they were prevented from having a funeral for their loved one. That's real life. I witnessed it not once but twice. If it's one thing I've learned over the past 2 years is that the left is the complete opposite of love and acceptance.

Now watch the hate roll in from the usual suspects.

At the end of the day, I am an optimist. I know the best is yet to come and nobody can take that away from me.

So, to boil this down to a simple paragraph, you are an older privileged individual who fears change and uses strawman corner cases and personal anecdotes to justify your comforts. You used to lean left until you became a parent with a career and got settled and cozy with life so now you just want to maintain the status quo that suits your needs.

Yeah, you aren't wrong about gathering ire with your post, comrade. I don't think you are a fascist or a nazi, just a coward and a fool.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not only am i not gonna do any of those things but fine, if it make me more of a martyr , i really didnt want to do this, but here we are. These are stats in JUST florida as of 2015 ( as an actual professional i can tell you, the numbers dont change much) 92% of all women got an abortion electively where you would fall into the .228% of women.... So this REALLY big group of people are trying to tell you that they understand and relate to you when the numbers arent even REMOTELY close, and yet you encourage the m to coopt your cause for some cause that you are too emotionally invested in, but let me ask you this, as someone morally superior, whats your stance on life? and i dont mean is a fetus alive life, someone being alive, are you 1 life lost is too much or theres room for error?
And your shared statistics are a pdf of a single image without a link or anything... smh...

Okay! Back to school time! Any guesses as to why this chart is worthless? Is it because the majority reply claims elective without reason? Yes. Is it because there is no associated link that helps break down the chart and give greater context? You know it! How about the age of the report and the sample size of an anomaly compared to the rest of the country? Hat trick achieved, you clever devil.

You even make a point about how the numbers don't change much over the years, yet a more recent study (with the same issue regarding no comment as just elective from the same root source) has wildly different numbers. It is also CURIOUS how that chart doesn't match the formatting of their website... could it be that you pulled it from an anti-abortion website with a darker edgelord vibe?

As you can see, these numbers don't even come close to matching your insane percentages from istanforembryos.lol or whatever. And this is from the Florida AHCA, the source your chart used. Glad to see your medschool training is paying off!

I honestly was going to have a big apology and come to Jesus moment with you before I went hunting for your unlisted source and discovered this disgustingly deceptive tactic that you backed up with your personal reassurance. My view on life is that all life is sacred, but not all violence is a sin. This is why I am repeatedly murdering your replies with a clear conscience. :gun:

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wah you're dumb and ugly and I don't think you're attractive which means you're worthless and you make me feel insecure talking nonsense about things I know nothing about but I'll masturbate to the thought of owning you some day wah.
Please don't hit on me, sir. I'm happily married to somebody of genuine quality. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ambian the stuff of dreams lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nyquill with grape juice
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    wow that didn't work lol
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    tried to paste a pic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: To sleep perchance to dream!