BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never ordered anything and I have been saying I'm broke on irc when tempcast was on and around here.

I was guessing SC product manager since you mentioned SCDS2 and a guy I don't know together. Since there was a special deal.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I saw the thread here and pre-ordered the card.

I guess, though, if you sleep for 12 hours a day, and were asleep through the whole promotion period, then that would be a bit disappointing.

Hopefully there will be a coupon for GBA temp folks when it is released...

Here's hoping!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Couple of things to talk about folks. First off, the promotion period wasn't based around time, it was based around number of customers. After 100 customers it was to end. That could have taken 15 minutes or 15 days, there was no set time limit. However, ShopTemp then extended the period just a little bit longer to make up for downtimes while taking a loss on each extra cart sold.

However, ShopTemp was then contacted by the Supercard team, who have been pressured by other shops to stop the promotion immediately (thankfully this came after all of the 100 sales has come in, lucky for you folks
smile.gif
). So even though the shop would have been absolutely fine keeping that deal going a bit longer, since the Supercard team had been good enough to give you guys the deal in the first place, it was only fair to comply with their request.

Which brings me to my second bit of news. The DSTWO has been raised to $39.95 USD. It's only a few dollars more and still much lower than the original projected price most had of $50 - $80. Again this was done in response to a Supercard team request worrying about demand exceeding production. ShopTemp is absolutely committed to giving you the best prices they can, and thanks for listening.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Golin said:
Wow, price fixing already? I gotta say that was quick, haha.

So does this means prices will go back down to say... $29.99 when supplies have stabilized?
It depends on what Supercard was offering for a stock price, but in theory yes, after a period of time ShopTemp could go back to a lower price point. Though this one isn't bad, I recall the days of new GBA flashcarts when carts would cost you $60 - $100. I don't miss those prices.
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

A secret code wouldn't change anything since one of the other codes has been posted on a "deals-site" (can't remember the name) by one of our members and I'm positive that this will happen again, even with a secret code.

Ace Gunman said:
Golin said:
Wow, price fixing already? I gotta say that was quick, haha.

So does this means prices will go back down to say... $29.99 when supplies have stabilized?
It depends on what Supercard was offering for a stock price, but in theory yes, after a period of time ShopTemp could go back to a lower price point. Though this one isn't bad, I recall the days of new GBA flashcarts when carts would cost you $60 - $100. I don't miss those prices.
tongue.gif
And those carts were definitely the cheaper ones, I remember paying about 200 EUR per cart back in the days of Lik-Sang.
smile.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^^

Unless, you can somehow tie in your GBAtemp account when ordering so that the "secret code" would work.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ace Gunman said:
However, ShopTemp was then contacted by the Supercard team, who have been pressured by other shops to stop the promotion immediately (thankfully this came after all of the 100 sales has come in, lucky for you folks
smile.gif
). So even though the shop would have been absolutely fine keeping that deal going a bit longer, since the Supercard team had been good enough to give you guys the deal in the first place, it was only fair to comply with their request.

Not surprising. They must've seen their future sales going out the window with ShopTemp's great deal on the DSTWO. However, given how much of the flashcart community reads or posts here, I think ShopTemp is going to put a serious dent in their future sales, regardless.

eponie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
i didnt know there was a sale on
now ill wait for a review before buying

same here.
Wasn't aware there's sale on DSTwo......
Now I'll wait for the review (1 month later?) + tempshop freeshipping (2~5 weeks) = about 2 months
cry.gif

Crasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
heh, I put a dstwo in my basket yesterday and just bought it now(5 minutes ago), still got the 30$ price
biggrin.gif

I can still order more at 30$.

D

Deleted_171835

eponie said:
deathking said:
i didnt know there was a sale on
now ill wait for a review before buying

same here.
Wasn't aware there's sale on DSTwo......
Now I'll wait for the review (1 month later?) + tempshop freeshipping (2~5 weeks) = about 2 months
cry.gif
It's still cheap, though.
1zdlu7p.png

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Crasa said:
heh, I put a dstwo in my basket yesterday and just bought it now(5 minutes ago), still got the 30$ price
biggrin.gif

I can still order more at 30$.

How, how?

I had it in my cart at the cheap rate, but it is no longer there.
I want to buy a couple for friends -- is there a way to get it back at the cheap rate?

Cookies? Web history?

Uh...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol