The Game Awards speculation thread: can you guess the winners?

Game-Awards-2020-Twitter-Voting-Exclusive.png

The Game Awards are almost here, and you know what that means! Watching dozens of commercials and meandering interviews with developers until we get to the good stuff at the end: game reveals for the following year. There have been teases here and there, with Microsoft seemingly having something big to reveal at the show, and Persona 5: Strikers presumably would have been another announcement dropped during the ceremony, had it not leaked beforehand. We'll even get to see the former Nintendo of America President, as Reggie Fils-Aime will be one of the many presenters for The Game Awards.

But before the festivities kick off, why don't we play a guessing game? There are a whopping 30 categories full of nominees, ranging from best eSports host, to the glorious game of the year. We've narrowed down the topic list to 10 categories, as follows.

• Game of the Year (DOOM Eternal, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Ghost of Tsushima, Hades, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, The Last of Us Part II)
  • Best Narrative (13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Ghost of Tsushima, Hades, The Last of Us Part II)
  • Best Score and Music (DOOM Eternal, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Hades, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, The Last of Us Part II)
  • Best Performance (Ashley Johnson/Ellie/TLOU2, Laura Bailey/Abby/TLOU2, Daisuke Tsuji/Jin Sakai/Ghost of Tsushima, Logan Cunningham/Hades, Nadi Jeter/Miles Morales)
  • Best Indie (Carrion, Fall Guys, Hades, Spelunky 2, Spiritfarer)
  • Best Role Playing (Final Fantasy VII Remake, Genshin Impact, Persona 5 Royale, Wasteland 3, Yakuza: Like a Dragon)
  • Games for Impact (If Found, Kentucky Route Zero, Spiritfarer, Tell Me Why, Through the Darkest of Times)
  • Best Action (DOOM Eternal, Hades, Half-Life Alyx, Nioh 2, Streets of Rage 4)
  • Best Action/Adventure (Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, The Last of Us Part II)
  • Best Multiplayer (Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Among Us, Call of Duty: Warzone, Fall Guys, Valdrant)
You can see all of the nominees at the official Game Awards website. The goal of this contest is to see who can guess as many winners as possible, before the official results come in! The first commenter in the thread that manages the feat of perfectly guessing the ten winners in each category above (or if no one gets a clean sweep, the first to get as close as humanly possible) above will get a nice reward: 202 XP! Obviously, the contest will end once TGA kick off, on December 10th.

:arrow: The Game Awards Nominees

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
sure, if you wanna run when you run out of "arguments"
Last time I checked I've been talking about the game, what have you been doing? Talking about gays? If you don't want to discuss this as an adult then I'm out, if you have something useful to say then say it and stop wasting my time.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last time I checked I've been talking about the game, what have you been doing? Talking about gays? If you don't want to discuss this as an adult then I'm out, if you have something useful to say then say it and stop wasting my time.

I would like to see either Ghost of Tsushima or Final Fantasy VII remake win, so many good games this year which is hard to decide, but I'm sure TLOU2 will win most of the categories in order for SJW to be happy.

When did I said worst x ever? Please don't put words in my mouth.
If you can check all my arguments not here but also in reddit it's all about the story and the characters, and maybe the die hard fan boys who don't treat it like a game from heaven or something.
So it's all about story, characters, false advertising, neil being an cunt, and pretty much that's it, graphic is the best on ps4 and gameplay is fine.

at least youre staying true to your name

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Game of the Year Final Fantasy VII Remake,
  • Best Narrative Final Fantasy VII Remake,
  • Best Score and Music Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Best Performance Daisuke Tsuji/Jin Sakai/Ghost of Tsushima,
  • Best Indie Carrion,
  • Best Role Playing Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Games for Impact Kentucky Route Zero,
  • Best Action Streets of Rage 4
  • Best Action/Adventure The Last of Us Part II
  • Best Multiplayer Fall Guys

D

Deleted User

I Just Hope persona 5 Royal will be the best RPG.. i played them all but the other games in that category were not as good as p5r. But probably ff7r will win anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said +1