• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump is being charged with 34 counts of falsification of business records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The documents trial still has that judge that may try to push things back for Trump. So we'll have to wait and see for that.
No she was the one who officially set the date for May. She does have a very small amount of wiggle room here, but for the most part Jack Smith has her by the balls (metaphorically speaking). There are too many eyes on her and he can request to have the case moved if she steps out of line.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No she was the one who officially set the date for May. She does have a very small amount of wiggle room here, but for the most part Jack Smith has her by the balls (metaphorically speaking). There are too many eyes on her and he can request to have the case moved if she steps out of line.
Yep, she's under a microscope right now. Trump asked for it to be postponed indefinitely, and she knew it was an unreasonable ask. So she split the difference with his request and Smith's.

At this point, she has to be a good judge. Trump is going down the river, and the history books won't be kind to him. If she starts doing his bidding at this point, she'll join him in staining her legacy.

Reactions: HellGhast and Xzi

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Over his attempts to change the result of the election with fake state electors. The phone call to Georgia is just the tip of the iceberg, and if he's found guilty of this, it'd be automatic disqualification from holding public office under the 14th amendment. That could potentially apply to the documents case as well, but there's more of a clear-cut connection here.
Well that's the best news I've read all day.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem and Xzi

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Over his attempts to change the result of the election with fake state electors. The phone call to Georgia is just the tip of the iceberg, and if he's found guilty of this, it'd be automatic disqualification from holding public office under the 14th amendment. That could potentially apply to the documents case as well, but there's more of a clear-cut connection here.
I know @KingVamp already corrected this, but since it keeps popping up...

It's about the stolen documents case (as in: the title of this thread. I just read it, but the source is in Dutch (https://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20230728_98844261)

Summarized: Carlos De Oliveira is also being charged (along with Walt Nauta), as they both tried to get a third Mar-a-lago employee to erase camera footage that proved the documents were moved prior to the earlier check on whether the documents were on scene. The extra charge against Trump is ordering to get this done.

In other words: that camera footage directly proofs Carlos and Walt willingly and knowingly tried to hide secret government documents from representatives of the government. Attempting to get the evidence removed is, well...MORE evidence.

(the article also mentions two other charges against Trump, but IIRC these are only half-related and not exactly news anymore).

EDIT: for clarity's sake: I'm not saying you're wrong, @Xzi. Just that it's not what is being refered to. Trying to keep up with Trump's legal issues is like trying to bingewatch entire seasons of mad men or succession or whatever in a matter of days. :P

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to go against my better judgement and say no, I don't want him automatically disqualified. I want him to get this close, lose THEN convicted.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: for clarity's sake: I'm not saying you're wrong, @Xzi. Just that it's not what is being refered to. Trying to keep up with Trump's legal issues is like trying to bingewatch entire seasons of mad men or succession or whatever in a matter of days. :P
All good, the info several sources were reporting was wrong, they were expecting indictments to come down in the Georgia case today and it was instead new charges in the documents case.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Trying to keep up with Trump's legal issues is like trying to bingewatch entire seasons of mad men or succession or whatever in a matter of days.
Can you imagine the history courses in 50 years!? His political career will be an entire university course by itself! The students will need to be reassured constantly that the insanity that they were reading wasn't being embellished in any way.

"So professor, you're trying to tell us that a presidential candidate said ON TAPE that he grabbed women by their genitals because he was famous, and he STILL got elected?!!? There's no way that really happened!"

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Trump was the President. If he wants to keep classified material that's his prerogative.
giphy.gif

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Trump was the President. If he wants to keep classified material that's his prerogative.

Lol. Nice troll. I got the reference. They'll scream whataboutism if you remind them what's been happening since... what, the 50's?

I'm glad that politicians are finally cleaning up Washington. Just. 2. more. weeks!

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump won't run in 2024 sadly. Here's what's going to happen. The DNC and Republican party are going to agree with Trump, and not count the mail in ballots in 2020, and agree that it was rigged, thus giving Trump his 2020 win. That means Trump was actually the President the entire time, and cannot run for another term. Since Biden wasn't the President, Biden can run in 2024 and 2028.

Sorry MAGA fans.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Trump won't run in 2024 sadly. Here's what's going to happen. The DNC and Republican party are going to agree with Trump, and not count the mail in ballots in 2020, and agree that it was rigged, thus giving Trump his 2020 win. That means Trump was actually the President the entire time, and cannot run for another term. Since Biden wasn't the President, Biden can run in 2024 and 2028.

Sorry MAGA fans.

Biden pulls of his mask, and it was Trump the entire time. He takes on the sins of both the democratic and republican parties and is sentenced for treason, jump starting a new testament to America's religion. Politicians accept Trump's sacrifice and continue to serve without term-limits, but it's okay, because their sins are forgiven every time they mention their savior's name.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biden pulls of his mask, and it was Trump the entire time. He takes on the sins of both the democratic and republican parties and is sentenced for treason, jump starting a new testament to America's religion. Politicians accept Trump's sacrifice and continue to serve without term-limits, but it's okay, because their sins are forgiven every time they mention their savior's name.
But what happened to the real Biden?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can you imagine the history courses in 50 years!? His political career will be an entire university course by itself! The students will need to be reassured constantly that the insanity that they were reading wasn't being embellished in any way.

"So professor, you're trying to tell us that a presidential candidate said ON TAPE that he grabbed women by their genitals because he was famous, and he STILL got elected?!!? There's no way that really happened!"
To be fair, I think future generations are going to wander why their elders elected a businessman who went bankrupt six times to be their leader.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think every "successful" business man/tycoon has failed "the most" in their business pursuits compared to the average person. It is their persistence that is the quality of "hard work" the average person is unfamiliar with, and it eventually pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed