Hacking Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy leaked the files to blackmail him. He said, and I quote from Coldbird:
By releasing these files, not only does Sony have the files to stop this exploit, but also the public is aware of what they need to do.

I win regardless of whether you release this yourself, or someone else patches the files I leaked to remove your protection, and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Unless, you have something to trade me.
Nothing to regret. Not my files, not my problem.

@#$%^& how can anyone be such an asshole?

I swear..... I want to whip him/her till his skin is shredded then dip him in saltwater, *insert other forms of torture here*...... and when he is about to die, I will save him and let him heal until he is fit enough to undergo the above regiment again. Rinse and repeat for as long as possible. :evil:
Are you talking about Coldbird or this "Sam" person? I can understand if you are talking about Sam, then I agree. If you are talking about Coldbird, then you are completely dense and unintelligent.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you talking about Coldbird or this "Sam" person? I can understand if you are talking about Sam, then I agree. If you are talking about Coldbird, then you are completely dense and unintelligent.
^LOL talking about the leaker. Why would I bitch about Coldbird since he did at least do something constructive? I mean I can understand him ragequitting (whether or not I agree with his actions is another matter). :)

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They say violence is never the answer......But i sure feel like Donkey Punching that jerk in the Baby Maker

Seriously whut a Douche there's always a jerk that has to ruin it for everyone
Are you talkning about that leaker or about Coldbird?
They say violence is never the answer......But i sure feel like Donkey Punching that jerk in the Baby Maker

Seriously whut a Douche there's always a jerk that has to ruin it for everyone
Are you talkning about that leaker or about Coldbird?
Pretty sure the leaker. XD

Yeah i meant Sam "Im a A-Hole" Jordam :)

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Leakers are bad ragequitters are also pretty pathetic good riddance.
You know, the leaker just threw 4 months of the hackers work down the drain. I'd probably ragequit as well.

Well being as the guy is a hacker, why is he trusting a known Dbag with such important files? or leaving them open to Theft serious error in Coldbirds judgement...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Leakers are bad ragequitters are also pretty pathetic good riddance.
You know, the leaker just threw 4 months of the hackers work down the drain. I'd probably ragequit as well.

Well being as the guy is a hacker, why is he trusting a known Dbag with such important files? or leaving them open to Theft serious error in Coldbirds judgement...
One of his teams members gave the files to some other hacker to see if he could crack their protection. This hacker gave it to someone else, that person gave it to someone else etc. and eventually they ended up with this guy.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wololo said he gave the files to the leaker? Apparently he'll explain later
No, he didn't. He said he gave them to Coldbird, who was not the leaker. Coldbird was the developer who made the leaked one. It was passed on to some beta testers (has to be done with big developments, can't just release it), one of the trusted beta testers abused that trust and passed it on to someone else and asked them to try and remove the protection Coldbird and his team had put on it. That person couldn't do it, but passed it on to someone else. This happened a few times before it eventually ended up in the hands of the person who leaked it.

According to Wololo, Coldbird used a different kernel exploit to the one in Total_Noob's version, and TN's version was the one Wololo gave to Coldbird. Coldbird looked at it, but then found another exploit I guess and used it. Which to me suggests that if Sony can crack the protection on Coldbird's, two kernel exploits will be gone instead of just one.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wololo said he gave the files to the leaker? Apparently he'll explain later
No, he didn't. He said he gave them to Coldbird, who was not the leaker. Coldbird was the developer who made the leaked one. It was passed on to some beta testers (has to be done with big developments, can't just release it), one of the trusted beta testers abused that trust and passed it on to someone else and asked them to try and remove the protection Coldbird and his team had put on it. That person couldn't do it, but passed it on to someone else. This happened a few times before it eventually ended up in the hands of the person who leaked it.

According to Wololo, Coldbird used a different kernel exploit to the one in Total_Noob's version, and TN's version was the one Wololo gave to Coldbird. Coldbird looked at it, but then found another exploit I guess and used it. Which to me suggests that if Sony can crack the protection on Coldbird's, two kernel exploits will be gone instead of just one.
Thanks, that's explains it

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the files that were being passed on were encrypted? And the beta-testers tried to decrypt it, but they couldn't? ColdBird self-encrypted the file, knowing that something like this could happen?
... B-) Trapped in his plan since the beginning.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wololo broke Total_Noob's trust, not that I care. I wouldn't trust Wololo in the future if I had an exploit. Either way, I really don't care because I'm not a PSP/PS Vita developer.

Siveria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This breakthrough never offered anything new.
Basically importing what can be done on the PSP already.
Not to mention the PSP is less than half the price of a Vita.
Let's not forget that you can pick up the majority of PSP/PSOne titles for less than $10.00.

The Vita will never be hacked.
Don't get your hopes up.

They said that about ps3 too, and it was hacked a while ago till sony patched it, and now there is a new one. Nothing is uncrackable, it just takes time till someone figures out how to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves