What are some of your controversial gaming opinions

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFA doesn't suck. It's just clearly a Zelda clone with a whole list of bad pacing issues, questionable voice acting, too many cut scenes, too many mandatory fetch quests, some pointless space sections thrown in, etc. The best part of the game to me, still? Constantly pulling the staff out and putting it away to have a "menacing" grating metal sound any time you're running from point A to point B. You'll notice, you end up doing that a lot. The game is also pretty trivially easy except for a few parts, which is also sort of annoying. :/

So, yea, what was I say?

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Civilization is hard to follow and in general a shit money-sucking series
- Fallout 4 is good for the first play through. Nothing after that...as with every other Bethesda game.
- The Divinity series has too many controls and features to remember
- Dark Souls III is nothing more than a test of patience
- The Witcher III is a fantastic game, despite community's hatred towards it simply because of how often people mention how good it is. Seriously?
- Super Mario Odyssey is no where near a 10/10, and that's probably coming from my nostalgia. I did NOT feel like I was playing a Mario game. If Super Mario Odyssey can win GOTY, why can't Galaxy? I think galaxy is far better than Odyssey. In Odyssey, I feel as if I'm doing the same damn thing repeatedly. 6.5/10 at best
- I feel as if playing LoL is boring simply because I'm just spamming 4 keys and my left mouse button
- I can't play CS:GO because people are fucking insane with headshots. Not enjoyable.
- Wolfenstein did not have a good hook to it, nor did I feel like I enjoyed the gameplay. Classic Bethesda.
- Assassin's Creed Origins is poorly made on PC. No effort was put into making a decent port (Probably a decently popular opinion)
- I hate the Assassin's Creed series because the controls are horrendous
- The newest Pokemon games after the DS generation are garbage and cringe-worthy. Bring back the pixel age.

I'm done.

Last edited by Xanthe,
D

Deleted User

I don't really pay attention to many general opinions, but there's one I'm kind of aware of. Starfox Adventures sucking or being very divisive. That was the very first Gamecube game I played, in fact I played that before Star Fox 64, and I never played the other ones, thus it's my first Star Fox game. So, nostalgia? I did play it in 2003, so that's in the nostalgia window. I liked it a lot, I loved the combat, I played with my sisters, so we had fun with the story and cutscenes. It still holds up, I think it's a solid game, even if the Andross reveal was shoehorned. One of the hardest video game challenges for me was in SFA, the Lightfoot test of strength challenge. My button mashing wasn't up to snuff, and the first time I did it, was with my best friend at the time, we alternated as tables. On all fours, one would be the table as the other would set the control on them, mash the A button like mad. It worked! I can't remember for sure if I was the table or he was. So, just lovely memories from that cloud my judgement. Similar to some otherwise average 3D Sonic games. Heroes, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Adventure DX and 2 Battle on Gamecube, even Shadow the Hedgehog. Hell, I want to play Shadow the Hedgehog again since learning some time ago that the voice of the main bad guy also voiced Goku, Sean Schemmel.

SFA doesn't suck. It's just clearly a Zelda clone with a whole list of bad pacing issues, questionable voice acting, too many cut scenes, too many mandatory fetch quests, some pointless space sections thrown in, etc. The best part of the game to me, still? Constantly pulling the staff out and putting it away to have a "menacing" grating metal sound any time you're running from point A to point B. You'll notice, you end up doing that a lot. The game is also pretty trivially easy except for a few parts, which is also sort of annoying. :/

So, yea, what was I say?
Odd. For a moment there, I thought you guys were talking about Street Fighter Alpha.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Brawl is the most fun smash game.
Halo Reach is a good game that didnt ruin halo
pokemon gen 4 was the perfect balance of gameplay and new features
dark souls isnt that good
metal gear games are ok and kojima isnt a genius of some sort
Reach was actually alright. The only reason it got so much flack was because of bloom... And jetpacks...

Reactions: DinohScene

barryhass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. is a far deeper and more complex fighting game than people give it credit for. Don't just run away and mash the fire button, then complain that it's shallow.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Forces was a good game
Sonic Adventure Games are hot grbage
Sonic Mania was a disappointment
Odyssey doesn't feel like Mario
Super Mario 3D World is good game
Galaxy games are overrated
Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker is better that Twilight Princess
Pokemon X and Y Sucked
Super Mario World is a better game than 3
Metroid is a failure as a franchise
Bayonetta 3 being Exclusive is fine
Dragon Ball FighterZ is better than Xenoverse
Smash 4 is the best smash Bros
Sonic Colors DS is better than Wii
Sonic Unleashed is the best Modern Sonic game

Reactions: Pakhitew-Island

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video games (like the cinema) are weighed down by tired, worn-out, decades-old, franchises: Zelda, Mario, Star Wars, Pokemon, LOTR, Potter.... Monster corps like Nintendo, Sony, etc. rarely make (or buy from a smaller company) anything original.

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
The CD-i Zelda games were decent. Persona as a series isn't that great, just barely above average for me. I'm probably the only person that thinks Tales of Xillia was a good game. Tales of Symphonia is overrated. I liked Halo Reach. I enjoyed the hell out of Pokemon's 5th gen games.
everyone likes 5th gen pokemon games

Reactions: Deleted User

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime bores me to sleep.
Never finished FFVI and Chrono Trigger because the battle systems are boring.
Skyward Sword is a great game and I want a new Zelda with motion controls.
After playing BotW, I'm starting to feel that I'm getting tired of open world games... I wish games were shorter and simpler.

Reactions: PoppaDre

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
  • Pokemon Gold and Silver are some of the least enjoyable Pokémon games
  • Sonic The Chronicles is one of the best Sonic games ever released

Last edited by Krakatau,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That gaming has completely gone to shit since the 7th generation. Everything became internet-enabled and such and it's only got worse.

Microsoft and Sony became greedier, and Nintendo lost their heart and soul. That pretty much sums it up.
Meh, Nintendo has still got quite a bit left. They've certainly lost some, but not all.

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Mudkip.

so_i_herd_u_like_mudkips_by_ladycibia-d8mvdzt.png

Had to do that. Will add something real later when I'm more awake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!