What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got most of the way through Turtle Rock dungeon in ALTTP. Also found a few shitseeds in BOTW.
I want to play BOTW. I do.

But, adulting.

I know if I even start, I can't stop for at least four to ten hours, and I simply don't have the headspace.

I miss the Nintendo/Super Nintendo days. Just go over to your buddy's house and play whatever games you both had for like twenty minutes, then go be a ninja on your bike until the ice cream truck came.

Reactions: hippy dave
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nothing today yet, but I can tell you about yesterday. I was playing Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii in Dolphin on my toaster, and I accidentally clicked "stop emulation". I was on the level right before the castle. So yeah, I had lost all my progress after beating the tower. That ticked me off, and I didn't play for the rest of the day.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rescued Zelda
2023042519210300-4D8993B16AD88A20BE710C18D479D465.jpg

Turtle Rock dungeon was pretty good 🐢

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster on Switch - 100% Chest Completion, meeeeeh, like 20% rare item drops? I got the Artemis Arrows, a bunch of Silver Apples from Lilliths, a Crystal Helm and a Dragon Whip. No rare summons.

Cecil and Kain at level 70. 9:18 final playtime. Fastest completion ever.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to the last boss of final fantasy 1 pixel remastered. I exited the final dungeon before fighting him, since I got a really good sword in there. I must've missed a chest or chests somewhere, because I didn't get the 100% chests trophy, unless there's a special stage of some sort.

on another note, I bought tales of vesperia for $8 on psn. I had put it on my wish list months ago, and it finally went on sale a couple days ago. I had already bought it on the switch, but I'd have to start over, because I haven't played it in years, and I don't really remember what's going on. plus, fuck Nintendo. bought octopath traveler 2 on the ps4, and trinity trigger for the ps4. I'm no longer going to support Nintendo beyond exclusives. :D

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to the last boss of final fantasy 1 pixel remastered. I exited the final dungeon before fighting him, since I got a really good sword in there. I must've missed a chest or chests somewhere, because I didn't get the 100% chests trophy, unless there's a special stage of some sort.

on another note, I bought tales of vesperia for $8 on psn. I had put it on my wish list months ago, and it finally went on sale a couple days ago. I had already bought it on the switch, but I'd have to start over, because I haven't played it in years, and I don't really remember what's going on. plus, fuck Nintendo. bought octopath traveler 2 on the ps4, and trinity trigger for the ps4. I'm no longer going to support Nintendo beyond exclusives. :D
Throw that Masamune on your White Wizard and watch the magnificence.

Reactions: godreborn

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA IV is a somewhat short and small game, yet after all these years I keep going back to it as it's just so much fun to play, shoot, fly, and run around. I tried GTA V and despite having better graphics (subjective), I still prefer IV overall.

And if you want to play IV, don't wait for a remaster from Rockstar, play it on PS3, Xbox 360/One/Series, or PC. We've all seen what they did to the GTA Trilogy (well, III + Vice City + San Andreas, not GTA 1, 2, and 3 :P).

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat final fantasy 1. my God was the last boss hard. I think I was totally unprepared, but at least I made it.
I can honestly say that Chaos is harder in the Pixel Remaster than any other version I have ever played, including the original buggy as fuck NES release. I've never not just stomped him. He actually beat me twice. Well done.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can honestly say that Chaos is harder in the Pixel Remaster than any other version I have ever played, including the original buggy as fuck NES release. I've never not just stomped him. He actually beat me twice. Well done.
I had one party member left at one point, so it was pretty close. The white wizard was dead when I beat him. I got the last chests. I didn't realize the overworld map showed missing chests. I'm trying to run into war mech now, but I'm not playing atm.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I platinumed ff1 yesterday. I'm now playing ff2. kinda cheap that if you venture off too far, you encounter much stronger enemies that you can't handle at the beginning of the game. I just got the canoe and a fourth party member. I think I have one or two trophies so far.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a "gaming" accomplishment, but when we bought our daughter her Wii U ... 10, 11 years ago? .... to be honest I never really played on it much. We bought two "Pro Controllers" a black that matched the Wii U, and a white one for spare/multiplayer. I did use the black one back in the day, but the white one afaik was hardly ever touched. Recently I got the Wii U out of storage, function tested it, then hacked it. And noticed in the process that the white controller's ABXY actions buttons were all stiff and fucked up. From the factory that way. If my daughter ever noticed, she never told me about it. I took it apart tonight, first time it's ever been opened up, and discovered the ABXY silicone was not installed correctly. So, yeah I fixed that and screwed it all back together. Works great now.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a FunKey S and got all of the boxart for GameBoy, GameBoy Color and GameBoy Advance properly sorted.

Now I just have something like 200 Nintendo and 150 Super Nintendo and 50 Sega Genesis games to finish getting images for.

Not fun. Not fun. Probably not even worth it. But I did a thing.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completed TR Legend yesterday, was shorter than i expected.. It has some flaws, some camera and hit detection issues, the platforming is fidgety at times, the shooting sections can get repetitive, with the occasional "what the f i'm supposed to do" moments too.. though i still had good fun with it. Yea, and the last boss fight was underwhelming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later