What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hogwarts Legacy playthrough, with one obtainable achievo missing. Kinda mixed feelings about the game, lots of exploration and pretty well made puzzles, but targeting etc. were a hassle with battles involving lots of mobs. All in all 100ish hours spent on it, and got the game through so 6.9/10.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rescued Oren
2023-06-18_22-52-51.698_top.png

Which makes all seven of the sages.

Which means...
2023-06-18_22-55-43.130_top.png

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have almost completed my Sphere Grid on FFX, at least for my main party of Tidus, Wakka and Rikku. 115 hours in. Everything is completely cleared out and refilled with +4 Spheres, I have Strength, Defense, Magic, Magic Defense and Luck all maxed out at 255. With Luck that high, you only need 30 Evasion, which all three have, and Accuracy becomes pointless.

Now for the interminable HP grind. Everyone is at or above 9,999 HP at the moment. Only 300 more HP Spheres and 105 more Dark Matters. Penance is going down.

Reactions: AncientBoi

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
99 HP Spheres collected out of the 300 that I needed. 82 Dark Matters.

I tried to face Dark Yojimbo and got stomped into the ground, even with almost completely maxed stats, since I only have one Ribbon, and he shattered Tidus who was the only one who had Auto-Phoenix equipped. But, I haven't used any of my HP Spheres yet, so that might make a difference.

Hopefully I get a lot luckier on Dark Matter drops moving forward. 116 left to collect.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more RIbbon armor down, and only 69 Dark Matters and about 70 HP Spheres left to collect. I will be crushing Penance and the Dark Aeons tonight, and if not then, tomorrow at the latest.
Post automatically merged:

Sphere grid completely maxed out. All that is left is about 30 Dark Matters. I should be able to farm them from Dark Yojimbo in about an hour or two, and then it's time to kick the shit out of the Dark Aeons and finish up the Monster Arena. Still under 130 hours.

Last edited by WalterSlovotsky,
Reactions: eyeliner

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUCK Penance. Got his ass. Final game time - 140:35:49.

I crafted THREE sets of end-game armor.

Defense +20%
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Potion

That failed miserably, and took forever waiting for potions to go off. Also requires a minimum of four uses of Rikku's Overdrive to Mix Hyper Mighty G, Ultra Null-All, Trio of 9999 and Eccentrick.

Break HP Limit
Ribbon
Auto-Haste
Auto-Regen

This was my Dark Aeon/Creation armor. I didn't expect it to work well against Penance, and it did not.

Break HP Limit
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Regen

This one worked. I was getting too impatient, and had gotten too used to relying on Attack Reels. Quick Hit is really all you need, here, and Eccentrick and Trio of 9999 are useless, massively speeding up the process of trying to get Rikku into Overdrive, or wasting a turn using Entrust.

I achieved my goal of a sub-150-hour 100% completion run.

Mostly. Still have to trek Kimahri, Lulu, Yuna and Auron around their Sphere Grids to max them out, but that won't take more than maybe an hour per character.

I have fully and truly stomped this game into the ground, and I am satisfied.

Reactions: eyeliner

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you can call it an accomplishment, but I fired up a game I haven't play called "Resistance - Retribution" on my PSP 3001. Now I'm just figuring out what it is I'm supposed to do.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Today I found that the controls on Metroid Dread are badly mapped and you can't remap them.
Samus speeds up way too fast and EMMIs are just convenient plot devices that get stale pretty fast.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accomplished beating PiT for my fist time. A great tale and fantastic gameplay. I over leveled myself though and the ending was too east.

I'd love to.start BIS, but my touch screen doesn't register all that well. Even after calibration.

So instead I was going to start Heart gold as my first pokemon, but I really want to play on my new anbernic rg35xx. So I started Leafgreen. Hope I picked a good one to pop my pokemon cherry.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I accomplished beating PiT for my fist time. A great tale and fantastic gameplay. I over leveled myself though and the ending was too east.

I'd love to.start BIS, but my touch screen doesn't register all that well. Even after calibration.

So instead I was going to start Heart gold as my first pokemon, but I really want to play on my new anbernic rg35xx. So I started Leafgreen. Hope I picked a good one to pop my pokemon cherry.
What do those acronyms mean?

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do those acronyms mean?
My bad. I just assumed that these acronyms were known for Mario & Luigi games. I shouldn't have assumed that.
PiT is for Partners in Time, and BIS is for Bowser's Inside Story. And you might see someone acro Superstar Saga with SS.

I was just as annoyed as you by this. He just wanted you to ask that question. I am positive of it.
Yes. Because getting someone to ask what particular acronyms mean is very high on my non-existent GBATemp to-do list... :rolleyes:

Anyways as for today, I beat my first Pokemon gym. In Pewter City. Cool game. I can see now why these games are so freakin' popular.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I will still jump onto yours :D, from time to time Psi :evil::D