• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What do the Left and Right agree on?

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for the right wing:

Just how much degrees (celcius) ARE you okay with the earth warming? :unsure:

For some freaking reason, this whole debate gets presented as if it's something people on the left want. But I'm pretty sure that IF the climate spirals out of control, we will all either die or be worse off. So with the scepsis of scientists as taken for granted (or is it? It's often presented as if people on the right side distrust science, but I honestly don't know for sure :unsure: )...just how many degrees do YOU think is smooth sailing?

Depends on who you talk to. A lot of conservatives have warmed up (pun) to the idea that global warming is real.

They Love Money and Spin Bullshit for Praise.

This, 100%.

It's a corporatist hellhole specifically because it is a free market and corporations can do whatever they want to choke out competition. Stop pretending like CEOs would give out pay raises from the goodness of their hearts if the government would just let them. That's already allowed and it isn't happening. Best you'll get is a pay raise from places like Amazon, and then a discontinuation of bonuses and holiday pay to balance out the raise. Corporations are not loyal to workers any more, they haven't been since the 50s or 60s. Nor do they care about finding the 'best' people for the job, everybody is replaceable.

It's true. Capitalism might as well just be called Corporatism at this point. Or you can put it how my grandpappy used to: "Capitalism these days is nothing more than the worship of capital (money)."

(Edit: Grammar)

Reactions: Xzi

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Depends on who you talk to. A lot of conservatives have warmed up (pun) to the idea that global warming is real.

This, 100%.

It's true. Capitalism might as well just be called Corporatism at this point. Or you can put it how my grandpappy used to: "Capitalism these days is nothing more than the worship of capital (money)."

(Edit: Grammar)
Every country in the world is capitalist. The Soviet Union is capitalist. They have large capital which is controlled by the state.

The differences from country to country is who controls the capital.

Not all countries that is capitalist has freedom. Countries that don’t have Competitive Capitalism has the bad qualities you’re talking about. But countries that have freedom has capitalism.

Last edited by SG854,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That we should trust science over a book that incorrectly states that our planet is just 6000 years young. Both sides agree on that.

Oh fucking wait.
Gross mischaracterisation of the religious right. No sane person treats the Bible literally, those who do belong in mental institutions. The Bible is a set of prescriptions to have a good life, it's a collection of moralistic stories that are supposed to help people in decision making, and it's good enough to have survived a 2000+ year long test of time. Much of it is out of date contemporarily, which is why you have to treat it with some reason and common sense, but overall it's a pretty good recipie for a successful life.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Left Perspective = There is no GOD only government that is god.

The Right Perspective = GOD is real and we kill in his name and for you to give us money in his name.

Your Both F***ing Wrong!

Last edited by CORE,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get rid of politics section on GBAtemp. This should be a gaming centric site.
Or prevent it from showing up in the recent content. At least give people the option to hide it. I don't mind politics, but I do understand why people who go to a gaming site, do not want to see politics. Some detest politics, and use gaming as an escapism.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or prevent it from showing up in the recent content. At least give people the option to hide it. I don't mind politics, but I do understand why people who go to a gaming site, do not want to see politics. Some detest politics, and use gaming as an escapism.

Thank You Someone Understands my point.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
absolutly nothing cause some right extremeist tried to kill multiple democrats today.....and you can point you fingers at one man for inciting such violence (he may have even had something to do with it indirectly)

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: dpad_5678

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not gonna sit here and argue but in my experiance i see no leftist terrorist actions against the right especially at this mangnatude most of them are anarchist that want the downfall of our governement entirely and would murder anyone regardless of political affiliation right ones (mostly alt right) has Neo Nazi's and KKK (and minor groups)

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
CNN Time warner Bill/Hillary clinton and Obama George Soros (a democratic liberal billionare who donates to the dems frmr AG so about six (so far) )
Who the F is George Soros?
And why did he donate $246,637,217 to the Women's March.

And how the F does he have this much money to throw around.
And what the F does he get out of it.

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CNN Time warner Bill/Hillary clinton and Obama George Soros (a democratic liberal billionare who donates to the dems frmr AG so about six (so far) )
The investigation just started. I can tell you another thing Left and Right agree on and that is they believe without a doubt the other guy did it. I have yet to decide for myself based on speculation or accusation. Even so, the party that the culprit(s) affiliate with will still believe the other guy set this up. Just like they did with James Fields when they said he was being chased by left wing attackers as the reason he plowed into that crowd. Extremism has no place in society.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Who the F is George Soros?
And why did he donate $246,637,217 to the Women's March.

And how the F does he have this much money to throw around.
And what the F does he get out of it.
I read he's funding money through others for the migrant caravan from Honduras.

Reactions: CORE

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The investigation just started. I can tell you another thing Left and Right agree on and that is they believe without a doubt the other guy did it. I have yet to decide for myself based on speculation or accusation. Even so, the party that the culprit(s) affiliate with will still believe the other guy set this up. Just like they did with James Fields when they said he was being chased by left wing attackers as the reason he plowed into that crowd. Extremism has no place in society.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I read he's funding money through others for the migrant caravan from Honduras.
He's funding all kinds of leftist groups. Its kinda funny the huge amount of money he's throwing around.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i'm not gonna sit here and argue but in my experiance i see no leftist terrorist actions against the right especially at this mangnatude most of them are anarchist that want the downfall of our governement entirely and would murder anyone regardless of political affiliation right ones (mostly alt right) has Neo Nazi's and KKK (and minor groups)
So you mean to say that a Bernie Sanders supporter *didn't* shoot a bunch of people at the 2017 Congressional Baseball Game, including Steve Scalise? Six people were injured, including one person who was evacuated in critical condition. Something must be wrong with my memory, I must've imagined that this happened.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1