• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What exactly are women marching for?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Benefiting white men. But what about poor men, black men, asian men, south american men, men of different races. The slaughter of Indians. Not all men had those same rights.
...That's why I said white men specifically. These races you mentioned still have to deal with systemic issues in 2018.

Lets take for example in the UK. A good chunk of males males did not get the right to vote till 1918 the same year women got the vote.
I mean that's fine, and if you want to make a case against global sexism then this is a good point to make. I was pretty sure we were discussing America in particular, though, and here women didn't get the right to vote until well after white men had it.

Before that males fought for their right to vote. In the 1832 the Great Reform Act increase 1 in 7 males the right to vote. And more reform acts through out the years till Universal male suffrage was achieved in 1918. They didn't want poor men to have the right to vote, but it was until WW1 that got them Universal Male Suffrage with the representation of peoples act. It was a similar story in other countries of voting rights not existing till 1800's and 1900's.
Not surprising, obviously democracy didn't exist for the better part of history.

Most jobs that existed today didn't exist in the early 1800's and before that. Most people were farmers. So what jobs were women being barred from?
At the time there were bigger problems, like trying to live to see the age of 30.

Harvey Weinstein did nothing wrong.
Welp, this thread has bottomed out.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Passive-aggressive wall-of-text rants without ever using the "enter" key
...ok?

Also you should probably link to some sources for the stuff you wrote.

blahblah live is unfair pls give me money 1% suxx0rz!!!!!111111wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Ah, I see why you have so much repressed anger now.

I mean, it took me a lot of time to understand your post. My 98-inch TV kept distracting me. I have 4 of these.

Anyway, one night stands and sex becomes boring after a while. You just want to find someone to settle down but you're afraid of these women that are never honest when it comes to rich people. Sometimes I'd rather switch my life with someone else to finally find someone that actually loves me instead of my stuff.

Well, not with you. It almost seems like you're pushing your repressed anger to compensate for something.

By the way, I donate to charities in one month more than you could ever donate in your lifetime. So quit whining.

Reactions: Medveitsi

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why aren't we discussing the real issue at hand

334131d318dc34c119bf00135042cac978269e20.jpg

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why aren't we discussing the real issue at hand

334131d318dc34c119bf00135042cac978269e20.jpg
Okay that's fuckin' hilarious. Obviously there are people who take this stuff too far, but there are going to be people like that on the internet for any given issue. Comes back to the discussion of "safe spaces," and these exist for every group/political party now.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
...That's why I said white men specifically. These races you mentioned still have to deal with systemic issues in 2018.

I mean that's fine, and if you want to make a case against global sexism then this is a good point to make. I was pretty sure we were discussing America in particular, though, and here women didn't get the right to vote until well after white men had it.

Not surprising, obviously democracy didn't exist for the better part of history.

At the time there were bigger problems, like trying to live to see the age of 30.

Welp, this thread has bottomed out.

Look at the civil war and the male only draft. White men were forced to fight in a war they didn't want to even after they protested. Even white males weren't always barred from laws. The only people that were able to avoid the draft were women and rich men. So in this sense rich males were equal to females. But even rich men had to buy their way out of freedom for $300 dollars to hire a substitute, a lot of money back in the day. Something males didn't do much of. A show on PBS said that the reason most males didn't hire substitutes was because women didn't allow it. They rejected men that refused to fight. (Women do have more social power than people give credit for.) And rich men that payed their way to freedom still had to provide for the war in some way and produce ammunitions and weapons for the war. The war was essential white males slaves (forced to fight by the draft) fighting to free black slaves. And women were exempt because they didn't want to see women suffer. But women did play a role along with males in shaming men to fight.

Yes like the survival of the family which is what I said.

Last edited by SG854,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Look at the civil war and the male only draft. White men were forced to fight in a war they didn't want to even after they protested. Even white males weren't always barred from laws. The only people that were able to avoid the draft were women and rich men. So in this sense rich males were equal to females. But even rich men had to buy their way out of freedom for $300 dollars to hire a substitute, a lot of money back in the day. A show on PBS said that the reason most males didn't hire substitutes was because women didn't allow it.They rejected men that refused to fight. (Women do have more social power than people give credit for.) And rich men that payed their way to freedom still had to provide for the war in some way and produce ammunitions and weapons for the war. The war was essential white males slaves (forced to fight by the draft) fighting to free black slaves. And women were exempt because they didn't want to see women suffer. But women did play a role along with males in shaming men to fight.
The draft has nothing to do with women's issues, and women weren't allowed in the military at the time. Sure it was a benefit that they avoided the draft, but there might well have been plenty of women willing to join up who never got the chance.

In addition, guys who didn't want to go could just dodge the draft like Trump did.

Lets look at Bill Cosby

why would they wait years when the man can die any minute
Because nobody would've cared in the 80s.

Last edited by Xzi,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But yea if you talk about rape in the film industry then why dress like this
what was the fucking point of standing up for other women then? And somebody could jump that gate and rip her dress off
Whoaaaa, an outfit is not an invite for abuse. Holy Christ on a tricycle. It's like saying cosplayers deserve to be groped at conventions; it's wrong. Really mango, there's no argument to be had here. Rape is rape. There's no excuse.

Reactions: Xzi

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoaaaa, an outfit is not an invite for abuse. Holy Christ on a tricycle. It's like saying cosplayers deserve to be groped at conventions; it's wrong. Really mango, there's no argument to be had here. Rape is rape. There's no excuse.
I'm sorry for that one please forgive me

D

Deleted User

Equal pay - i have no critisism on this one. Equal pay should be real.
yeah! its not fair that female hookers make more than male hookers!
but really
alot of women actually make more or slightly less than men
if we want equal pay it should be equal work
not someone bitching about heavy stuff while everyone else lifts it

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah! its not fair that female hookers make more than male hookers!
but really
alot of women actually make more or slightly less than men
if we want equal pay it should be equal work
not someone bitching about heavy stuff while everyone else lifts it
When people mention "equal pay" they're almost always referring to equal pay in the same position. "Heavy work"/blue collar work rarely pays well anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet