Hacking Wii U NOOB PARADISE - Ask & Answer questions here.

attobrain

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,
I check in here every now and then but haven't been properly following the scene. Apparently right now there's again interesting things going on in the scene. Nice to watch, but not (directly) related to my questions.

I do not use any kind of update blocking and therefore my WiiU's not connected to the wifi. Other than installing and playing games from USB using the Brazilian hack I do not do any fancy things at all. No haxchi or CBHC installed. In the rare cases I need it, I just use good old web exploit. I understand, that there's also a web exploit on 5.5.2. Maybe not exactly as reliable as on 5.5.1 but still working for everybody . Correct me, if I'm already wrong here.

Now my questions are:
a) Any reason for me to be afraid of going online with my WiiU and updating via Nintendo or using the eShop after doing the Brazilian hack?
b) Is there any reason for me to update to 5.5.2? Or should I rather stay on 5.5.1?

Would be nice, if someone could very briefly point out, the pros and cons of updating. Thanks!

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to after I use Nintendont to go straight back to the HBL.. it would save me some time
HBL? Nintendont is for the HBC. Or do you mean back from a HBL -> HBC/Nintendont forwarder?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys,
I check in here every now and then but haven't been properly following the scene. Apparently right now there's again interesting things going on in the scene. Nice to watch, but not (directly) related to my questions.

I do not use any kind of update blocking and therefore my WiiU's not connected to the wifi. Other than installing and playing games from USB using the Brazilian hack I do not do any fancy things at all. No haxchi or CBHC installed. In the rare cases I need it, I just use good old web exploit. I understand, that there's also a web exploit on 5.5.2. Maybe not exactly as reliable as on 5.5.1 but still working for everybody . Correct me, if I'm already wrong here.

Now my questions are:
a) Any reason for me to be afraid of going online with my WiiU and updating via Nintendo or using the eShop after doing the Brazilian hack?
b) Is there any reason for me to update to 5.5.2? Or should I rather stay on 5.5.1?

Would be nice, if someone could very briefly point out, the pros and cons of updating. Thanks!
Yes, it's safe. Though, I recommend you install Haxchi before updating, so you won't get super triggered trying to get into the HBL (it took me about 5 minutes, I've heard of people trying for 10+ minutes).

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I downloaded Explorers of sky (DS game) from Wii USB Helper, I stuck it in the install folder just like I did for BOTW, BOTW shows up for install in WUP Installer GX2 but Pokemon does not, how do I install DS VC to the WiiU?

ileopsoas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I had cbhc, now uninstalled. Actually I can install games but not updates because of an error. Why can't I install updates from wupinstaller ?(not DLC).

Edit: all works fine. End of my problems. Thanks to the community GBA temp.

Last edited by ileopsoas,

lonelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to transfer smash bros onto my sd card (Download on pc, transfer to laptop, transfer to sd because only my laptop has a sd card reader) and the files inside are too big to transfer onto the sd card. Apparently the largest file you can add to a fat32 is 4 gigs. Any ideas?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to transfer smash bros onto my sd card (Download on pc, transfer to laptop, transfer to sd because only my laptop has a sd card reader) and the files inside are too big to transfer onto the sd card. Apparently the largest file you can add to a fat32 is 4 gigs. Any ideas?
Use Wii U USB Helper, and Wii U USB Helper Transfer.

jimjonjimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question I thought was possible and I may have just forgotten how to do it.

Is there a way to play Wii remote only games motion controls and all with the Wii U game pad?
Currently playing Kirby Return to Dreamland and would rather just use the game pad for convenience.
My Wii U is modded with Haxchi. I know this is possible with stuff like Nintendont.

Last edited by jimjonjimmy,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question I thought was possible and I may have just forgotten how to do it.

Is there a way to play Wii remote only games motion controls and all with the Wii U game pad?
Currently playing Kirby Return to Dreamland and would rather just use the game pad for convenience.
My Wii U is modded with Haxchi. I know this is possible with stuff like Nintendont.
No. You can use the Gamepad with some emulators and Nintendont for GC games, but it does not work with Wii games.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install games to just a regular usb stick or do I need an actual hard drive?
USB Flash works just fine. It's just, if you want a lot of storage, it's better to go with an External USB-Connected Hard Drive, since at high capacities (250+GB)those are cheaper than USB Flash.

lonelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Flash works just fine. It's just, if you want a lot of storage, it's better to go with an External USB-Connected Hard Drive, since at high capacities (250+GB)those are cheaper than USB Flash.

Ah, the only reason I ask is because I tried using one and it corrupted, but it was a really old off brand usb. Do you think that maybe the cause? So can I just buy any usb from amazon or are there any specs in particular I need to look for?

Last edited by lonelee,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the only reason I ask is because I tried using one and it corrupted, but it was a really old off brand usb. Do you think that maybe the cause? So can I just buy any usb from amazon or are there any specs in particular I need to look for?
Well, the Wii U's ports are USB2.0, so don't waste money on 3.0 USB Flash. It was probably because it was really old. The Wii U will format it, though! Also: the Wii U can only use up to 2TB of an External USB-Connected Wii U-Formatted Storage Device, even if there's more space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro