Xbox One X announced

ss+(2017-06-11+at+04.04.50).jpg

Phil Spencer calls the console "the most powerful console ever made". Featuring 6 teraflops of GPU power and 12 gigabytes of memory, the console is designed to run games in 4K HDR including 4K Bluray playback. It will feature compatibility with all Xbox One accessories and games, running even older games at 4K, using supersampling and anisotropic filtering to make the games look better on 4K as well as 1080p TVs. The system will be liquid-cooled as well. It is also the smallest Xbox yet. The system is set to launch worldwide on November 7th. The price will be $499 USD.

:arrow: Source: LIVE Xbox Briefing on YouTube

Last edited by endoverend,

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This my friends is the future of consoles.. No more new console like ps2 ps1 era jump... Now we only get "upgrades" just like pc....

PS4 and xbox one will be the last "consoles"... Because think about it what would ps5 look like ? Just same shit with a bit better graphics ?

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think having a game available on more than 1 platform is a bad thing then? You think anti-consumer practices are worthy of praise?

Lol, that is the most juvenile argument you could have possibly made. Console exclusivity is inherently good for the consumer because it encourages competition and is what leads to the creation of new IPs.

Anyway, Sony and Nintendo invest millions of dollars every year in their original franchises to ensure that consumers buy their consoles over the competition. Why should Microsoft get a free pass?

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lol, that is the most juvenile argument you could have possibly made. Console exclusivity is inherently good for the consumer because it encourages competition and is what leads to the creation of new IPs. Most consoles up until at least this gen were loss leaders and game sales made up the cost.

Anyway, Sony and Nintendo invest millions of dollars every year in their original franchises to ensure that consumers buy their consoles over the competition. Why should Microsoft get a free pass?

Wait you're trying to say that filling a 3rd party studio pockets so they do not release their game on a specific platform is a good thing? Can people be that moronic? Wow

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait you're trying to say that filling a 3rd party studio pockets so they do not release their game on a specific platform is a good thing? Can people be that moronic? Wow

No - third party exclusivity and timed exclusives are not the best ways to go about it. I was talking about first party exclusives which Sony and Nintendo are killing at. Microsoft on the other hand regularly pulls the bullshit timed exclusive crap. See: Tomb Raider.

Reactions: Deleted User

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, he has kind of a point.
You know, if you fill the pockets of third party studio A to release the game only in your console,
then your competition will have to fill the pockets of third party studio B (or even A) to get a different game released on their console.

In the end, you got two different games instead of one, and if they were putting enough money in third party studios A and B to make this exclusives console sellers, then you got two great games instead of just one.

Competition leads to diversity.

Reactions: Deleted User

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know why they called it "liquid cooling", a vapour chamber is basically a flat heatpipe, there's a mililiter or two of working fluid in there. The liquid turns into gas on the bottom of the chamber, rises upwards, turns back into liquid as it returns heat and drips back down through the wick structure, just like a heatpipe. Still, it's pretty good for a console.

5c8154cd-3bc4-418e-9ea6-eaba22b5b013-389x389.jpg project-scorpio-cooling-fan-hovis-method-1.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To maybe try and appeal to PC gamers maybe ..?
PC gamers know this. I suspect the opposite, they wanted to explain a complicated physical property in the most mundane way to console normies who are not familiar with the concept. Technically they're not wrong, working fluid is involved, but nobody would call a heat exchanger like this "liquid cooling", traditionally the term refers to a system with a pump, a reservoir, a heat sink and water blocks.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To maybe try and appeal to PC gamers maybe ..?
I don't think a majority of PC gamers will be convinced by this, but i do have to say that i agree. Microshaft has been porting their games in order to get that extra revenue from the PC crowed. Maybe this is another push to try to bring them over. Its a smart idea but I'm sure its not going to work.

Reactions: Exavold

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know why they called it "liquid cooling", a vapour chamber is basically a flat heatpipe, there's a mililiter or two of working fluid in there. The liquid turns into gas on the bottom of the chamber, rises upwards, turns back into liquid as it returns heat and drips back down through the wick structure, just like a heatpipe. Still, it's pretty good for a console.

View attachment 89850 View attachment 89851

Wouldn't phase change be a better term?

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Zorua If anything what should motivate a game creation should be sales. Bigger install base = bigger potential sales and more likelihood of price cuts and improvements in the form of sequels for instance in the future.

I honestly don't see how good this formula where you create a list of exclusive games mostly which 1% or so of potential customers buy in hopes that you can sell them an inferior version of multiplat games that actually sell like let's say FarCry 5 on your walled garden.

To me, the play anywhere initiative should be worthy of praise, more people to keep the interest in the games alive and as someone who plays both on PC and consoles being able to buy a copy that will play on both platforms is at least reassuring.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys what do you think sounds cooler?
Phase change cooling or water cooling?
Microsoft should've gone for phase change cooling, also it's unlikely that the "vapour" is water.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys what do you think sounds cooler?
Phase change cooling or water cooling?
Microsoft should've gone for phase change cooling, also it's unlikely that the "vapour" is water.
Thing is, all current gen consoles, including the Switch, launched with some form of phase change cooling systems, so it's not "special" enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out