Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
RockmanForte said:
Depravo said:
RockmanForte said:
Suicide is the most selfish thing you can do. You leave a mess for other people to clean up, and those who cared about you are hurt.
Isn't it just as selfish to expect someone to continue living a life of utter misery just so YOU don't feel guilty? I don't think anyone ever committed suicide in a fit of petulant spite.

That's your opinion. I will say mine, ok ?
smile.gif
Anyway, I didnt say that I don't feel gulity. Again, that's your opinion because it is the most selfish things, yes.
So your entire counter argument is - you're wrong, I'm right? I can see I'm dealing with a mass debater. Or maybe just a wanker.

You do not understand me. There is no right or wrong. We live in an era in which it is important to have opinions. That's what philosophy is all about - coming up with answers to questions we can't normally answer.
smile.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Honestly I have to say it's a weak and selfish thing to do.
Not just is it weak to just give in and up, letting the world win, but it's selfish to just foolishly take your own life despite knowing that your life has now been taken from all the people love and the people that love you. Personally I don't agree with the idea of suicide.

This completely, but with a few caveats.

If you're on your death bed, and YOUR FAMILY, not just you, have come to terms with your death, then by all means. Also, if you are completely alone, meaning you have no friends, and no family, and you just can't take the world's shit anymore, well youre only hurting yourself at that point, just make sure no one is watching you. No one wants to go through therapy just because you wanted to end it all.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
Well, you are lower than he is even he apologized. You shouldn't punched him down at all. Violence is not the answer!

So you're saying I should have just stood there every day after I told teachers and principals numerous times, and just take his beating every day instead of standing up for myself and the others he bullied?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
RockmanForte said:
Well, you are lower than he is even he apologized. You shouldn't punched him down at all. Violence is not the answer!

So you're saying I should have just stood there every day after I told teachers and principals numerous times, and just take his beating every day instead of standing up for myself and the others he bullied?

No, don't tell the teachers and principals at all. Why tell the teachers and principals ? They are the bad news and they won't do anything. Anyway, tell your parents, friends or anybody who can do something about it.

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not just is it weak to just give in and up, letting the world win, but it's selfish to just foolishly take your own life despite knowing that your life has now been taken from all the people love and the people that love you. Personally I don't agree with the idea of suicide.
I basically share the same opinion, but I have one exception. If you are physically or mentally in a great deal of suffering, something like being burdened with cancer and you know you are suffering in a lot of pain and anguish knowing that no cure in the world will save you and must endure that not knowing when the end will come, I think it is perfectly acceptable to commit suicide. Who would want to live with such torment?
EDIT:
TwinRetro said:
QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Jan 14 2011, 09:03 PM) Honestly I have to say it's a weak and selfish thing to do.

This completely, but with a few caveats.

If you're on your death bed, and YOUR FAMILY, not just you, have come to terms with your death, then by all means. Also, if you are completely alone, meaning you have no friends, and no family, and you just can't take the world's shit anymore, well youre only hurting yourself at that point, just make sure no one is watching you. No one wants to go through therapy just because you wanted to end it all.
I didn't see this at all, so again same opinion.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just assigned an argumentative essay for school, so I think I may base it on this topic, since there are so many varying opinions outright given to me here for me to "counter" in my essay.

Now then, back to seriousness:

I, as a Christian (inb4 everyone not reading anymore), am very much so opposed to suicide. My friends often have suicidal thoughts, but what bothers me even more is that one of my friends considers suicide a good alternative despite the fact that she had a cousin who committed suicide and knows the pain that comes from a family member dying. She, too, is a Christian, and knows where her cousin is and where she will be if she does commit suicide. It just plain bothers me how people still think of it as an option.

To put it bluntly, suicide is the worst possible thing you could do. I agree with the Cat Boy on most counts. Your problems don't just vanish once you die. If anything, you'll have an even worse fate than what you had on Earth. Don't give up just because life is kicking you down, get back up and say
bubble-takethat.gif

to those who wish harm upon you.

If a man loses his family, his job, and his home, (which is a scenario that I honestly can't even imagine the pain of) he should clean himself up, do some odd jobs to get some money then get an apartment and start anew. It's almost like a reincarnation I suppose.

Feel free to ignore the following paragraph if Christianity "offends" you.

If you're feeling like life can't get any worse, like the world is just putting you down, Jesus can save you and make your whole world seem brighter.
QUOTE(Matthew 11:30) said:
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Lean on God, and things just get easier. It's like having your own personal "Easy Button"

*insert flame post below*

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
ShadowSoldier said:
RockmanForte said:

No, don't tell the teachers and principals at all. Why tell the teachers and principals ? They are the bad news and they won't do anything. Anyway, tell your parents, friends or anybody who can do something about it.

That's easy to say in your situation dude. Also, all of my friends and everybody in the school knew about it. Parents just said "tell the teachers/principals." The best thing someone can do is stand up to a bully and make them realize "Okay shit, this guy isn't a push over, he's willing to fight back, which means extra work from me, fuck this, not worth it."

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
leaning on god?srsly
if he were to solve all your problems,he wouldn't get you through so much suffering,that's selfish from him
but if you believe in nothing,he is a good alternative,he makes you have something to live for,had friends that became christian and well,have a better emotional life
i for one don't believe in god,only death and ghosts,i don't believe in satan either
so i'm...atheist(?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
darkreaperofdreams said:
leaning on god?srsly
if he were to solve all your problems,he wouldn't get you through so much suffering,that's selfish from him
but if you believe in nothing,he is a good alternative,he makes you have something to live for,had friends that became christian and well,have a better emotional life
i for one don't believe in god,only death and ghosts,i don't believe in satan either
so i'm...atheist(?

This is not a discussion about religion, so don't turn it into one please.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Urza said:
Weak? So what's strength? Suffering? Maybe you should poke your eyes out with scalding skewers as a feat of strength?

Selfish? You know what's selfish? Thinking that someone in a world of darkness should remain there indefinitely so you feel a little less bad.

Death is the escape. I take comfort in the fact that if life ever became too much for me, that escape is available to me.
You always jump on him for having a legit point and opinion.
I saw this coming when I first saw that he posted, you're just so predictable.

I assume that you've never known anyone that's committed suicide. If you did, you wouldn't speak so highly of it.
If you're so fond of suicide, try it out and see if your opinion remains unchanged.
Several very important people in my life have taken their own, and I have to say I'm quite disgusted that you would go so low to try and troll someone about their experiences with suicide.

Its on thing to go online and to troll people, every kid with a modem does at some point. However taking such a low blow on such a personal subject really shows what kind of person you are.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
RockmanForte said:
ShadowSoldier said:
RockmanForte said:

That's easy to say in your situation dude. Also, all of my friends and everybody in the school knew about it. Parents just said "tell the teachers/principals." The best thing someone can do is stand up to a bully and make them realize "Okay shit, this guy isn't a push over, he's willing to fight back, which means extra work from me, fuck this, not worth it."

I didn't say it is easy. Also, the parents dont understand anything. If not for parents (They need to protect the children/teenage children but if they just said "tell the teachers/principals" which mean they are lousy parents) then tell your friends or anybody who can do something about it. Don't let a bully win.
smile.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If there is one plus that I have ever gained from anime, it's that if I committed suicide, I wouldn't get to see the next episode and thus, I'd rather stay alive and watch it.

On a slightly more serious note,
Reaction 1: I think if I can prevent someone from committing suicide, it's fine.
Reaction 2: If they commit suicide and are in the right state of mind, it's fine.
Reaction 3: If they are in a bad state of mind, then refer to reaction 1.
Reaction 4: If I hate them and they commit suicide, it's fine.
Reaction 5: If I like them and they attempt committing suicide, I will freely ridicule any flawed points they have supporting their suicidal thoughts, and then help them out.
Reaction 6: If they are someone I don't care about, it's fine.

I never had very high hopes for mankind, it doesn't surprise me that many other people don't have high hopes for themselves either.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
I didn't say it is easy. Also, the parents dont understand anything. If not for parents (They need to protect the children/teenage children but if they just said "tell the teachers/principals" which mean they are lousy parents) then tell your friends or anybody who can do something about it. Don't let a bully win.
smile.gif

First of all, I don't really care what you say about my dad, but my mom is amazing, so fuck you for saying she's "lousy". And if you read at all, I said my friends knew about it. Also, don't let a bully win? How exactly did I let him win if I stood up for him while he bullied me and countless others, and he came up to me and apologized after.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
RockmanForte said:
smile.gif

First of all, I don't really care what you say about my dad, but my mom is amazing, so fuck you for saying she's "lousy". And if you read at all, I said my friends knew about it. Also, don't let a bully win? How exactly did I let him win if I stood up for him while he bullied me and countless others, and he came up to me and apologized after.

I concur.

I'll put it in a more extreme situation.

A guy with a baseball bat or whatever walks up to you, every single day, and beats you merciless for several years. After countless broken bones and millions of dollars spent in surgery, you decide to fight back. So you go and buy yourself a gun, and the next time he approaches you, you shoot him several times. Whilst he is on his deathbed, he manages to squeeze out an apology as his last words.

Is this saying that the guy who kept getting bashed is weak? Is he lower than the guy who bashed him simply because the guy who bashed him apologised?

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suicide is a personal choice.

I'm surprised about the amount of people who are anti-suicide.
Not just think it's a bad idea, but completely against it.

No one can tell you what to do. It's your life and is completely up to you.
Yes it affects people around you. Yes it makes them sad. Yes it's something that should be thought through.

If, after you've taken all the considerations, you still feel like you want to commit suicide, then it is your choice and I will never condemn you.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Urza, you're right in every way. I agree with everything that you say.

However, that doesn't make suicide a valid option.

I've struggled with suicidal thoughts for years, up until very recently where they just stopped. There is nothing purely logical on either side of the coin here, so it largely depends on your own moral standing, and how you feel at a given moment, but sometimes you just need a good ass-kicking to wake up.

You talk about how you take comfort in the fact that suicide is an option if need be, but the fact of the matter is that until you've done all you can do, you're not done. You can't make life perfect with the wave of a magic wand, and with a thousand pounds on your back, it feels impossible, but moving inch by inch will get you to the end.

You are a human, not a plant. You have survival insticts, you have an underlying desire to keep going, to continue advancing.

But if you have truly and ultimately lost the will to live, it's not our job to help you. We're busy creating the future - our future. I can only ask that you'll help.

I'll just leave this here.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
RockmanForte said:
smile.gif

Sighing.. I didnt say about your parents either. Never mind. it is getting nowhere. Also, watch your language because I dont like swearing, man. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it