Your thoughts on suicide

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
Sighing.. I didnt say about your parents either.
QUOTE said:
(They need to protect the children/teenage children but if they just said "tell the teachers/principals" which mean they are lousy parents
Which is what my parents said to do, so yeah, you said it indirectly. Still directed at me though.

Also, watch your language because I dont like swearing, man. Thanks.

lol

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
_Chaz_ said:
Urza said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Honestly I have to say it's a weak and selfish thing to do.
Not just is it weak to just give in and up, letting the world win, but it's selfish to just foolishly take your own life despite knowing that your life has now been taken from all the people love and the people that love you. Personally I don't agree with the idea of suicide.
Weak? So what's strength? Suffering? Maybe you should poke your eyes out with scalding skewers as a feat of strength?

Selfish? You know what's selfish? Thinking that someone in a world of darkness should remain there indefinitely so you feel a little less bad.

Death is the escape. I take comfort in the fact that if life ever became too much for me, that escape is available to me.
You always jump on him for having a legit point and opinion.
I saw this coming when I first saw that he posted, you're just so predictable.

I assume that you've never known anyone that's committed suicide. If you did, you wouldn't speak so highly of it.
If you're so fond of suicide, try it out and see if your opinion remains unchanged.
Several very important people in my life have taken their own, and I have to say I'm quite disgusted that you would go so low to try and troll someone about their experiences with suicide.

Its on thing to go online and to troll people, every kid with a modem does at some point. However taking such a low blow on such a personal subject really shows what kind of person you are.
I laughed a bit.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Let me jsut say this

For all those who think suicide is selfish, guess what. Everyone is selfish in whatever they do.
I donate money to Greenpeace because it makes me feel good
I helped an old lady across the road so that I can say "Im a good person"

No one has ever done something utterly selflessly that I know of, with that I mean that you gained NOTHING from it not even the slightest hint of satisfaction.

Dont get me wrong, donating money etc isnt a bad thing but in the end its all about what it does for you and you do it to make yourself feel better or gain something which is selfish. The word selfish isnt a negative word but is used to describe negative acts

For those who think suicide is weak, its not. Taking your own life takes alot of courage.
What suicide is is an easy way out. Its easier to kill yourself then it is deal with your problems. Is this a bad thing? No its not. Its a choice these people make.

The only thing I dont like about suicide is when they do it and other suffer. Jumping in front of a train scars the traindriver for life. Shooting yourself through the head scars the person who finds you for life and same goes for hanging oneself. If you do it, make sure its not messy and people dont get a shock effect when they find you

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I have an uncle who's dying with terminal cancer.
He used to be a hard worker and now can't even barely eat.
If he was offered euthanasia he'll probably take it in a heart beat to end his suffering.
But there's a problem. Euthanasia is illegal in Puerto Rico.
He now has to slowly die in pain (Medical Marijuana is also illegal) due to draconian laws.
Suicide is a grey concept with many different variations.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
ShadowSoldier said:
RockmanForte said:
ShadowSoldier said:
RockmanForte said:
Well, you are lower than he is even he apologized. You shouldn't punched him down at all. Violence is not the answer!

So you're saying I should have just stood there every day after I told teachers and principals numerous times, and just take his beating every day instead of standing up for myself and the others he bullied?

No, don't tell the teachers and principals at all. Why tell the teachers and principals ? They are the bad news and they won't do anything. Anyway, tell your parents, friends or anybody who can do something about it.

That's easy to say in your situation dude. Also, all of my friends and everybody in the school knew about it. Parents just said "tell the teachers/principals." The best thing someone can do is stand up to a bully and make them realize "Okay shit, this guy isn't a push over, he's willing to fight back, which means extra work from me, fuck this, not worth it."

I didn't say it is easy. Also, the parents dont understand anything. If not for parents (They need to protect the children/teenage children but if they just said "tell the teachers/principals" which mean they are lousy parents) then tell your friends or anybody who can do something about it. Don't let a bully win.
smile.gif
But he didn't let the bully win, he beat the shit out of him. And if anyone else happened to be getting bullied by the same person, chances are the bully would of stopped bullying them to avoid the same situation. (of getting beaten up)

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Let me jsut say this

For all those who think suicide is selfish, guess what. Everyone is selfish in whatever they do.

that's common bio-psyché, yes, but what we call selfish now is not the same selfish you're thinking about
cuz then i can easily say no-one has a soul, then everybody who kills himself did neither do good nor bad

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RNorthex said:
GundamXXX said:
Let me jsut say this

that's common bio-psyché, yes, but what we call selfish now is not the same selfish you're thinking about
cuz then i can easily say no-one has a soul, then everybody who kills himself did neither do good nor bad
Actually you have no idea what kind of selfish Im thinking about obviously

All aspects of selfishness are the same. They are done for our own benefit. The way others perceive it is what makes it negative or positive.

A man robbing a family for money and shooting the lot of em, in his eyes positive because he got what he wanted. In our eyes negative.
Abit of an extreme example but you can see where Im going with this, its all a matter of perspective

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
RNorthex said:
GundamXXX said:
Let me jsut say this

All aspects of selfishness are the same. They are done for our own benefit. The way others perceive it is what makes it negative or positive.

A man robbing a family for money and shooting the lot of em, in his eyes positive because he got what he wanted. In our eyes negative.
Abit of an extreme example but you can see where Im going with this, its all a matter of perspective

actually, i do get you:)
more than u think
i love philosophy myself, so i know the basics

that's why i said "other selfishness"
from our view vs the reality

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RNorthex said:
GundamXXX said:
RNorthex said:
GundamXXX said:
Let me jsut say this

actually, i do get you:)
more than u think
i love philosophy myself, so i know the basics

that's why i said "other selfishness"
from our view vs the reality

Fair enough then ^^

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RockmanForte said:
Don't hit, kick, or push back to deal with someone bullying you or your friends. Fighting back just satisfies a bully and it's dangerous, too, because someone could get hurt. You're also likely to get in trouble. It's best to stay with others, stay safe, and get help from an adult. Never be alone.. Again, never be alone. Remember, If you can, try your best to ignore the bully's threats wont solve the problem at all! Don't listen to the teachers telling you to ignore the bully. NEVER! Dont listen to the teachers at all! Do something. You are smarter than your teachers.
smile.gif
If I'm reading this correctly:

1. Don't attack them (fair enough).
2. Don't ignore the bully, despite the fact that bullies want attention and starving them of that attention is actually a good idea.
3. Your solution is to never be alone again. That might be just a tad impractical.

I can see it now...
"Hey there, Jimmy. I've noticed that you've been attacking me personally for some time now. I choose not to fight you, as I believe this isn't the way, nor will I ignore your attempts to provoke me even though that's quite an effective tactic and actually makes the most sense. What I will do though, is give you a darn good talking to, listing reasons why you know you don't really want to beat me up. I know you won't hurt me while I'm talking to you now because I'm clearly taking this very seriously."

Hedgehogofchaos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe that it is a choice that someone suffering from a disease that lacks a cure, or for someone who is a vegetable.
People who are suffering from depression and other associated mental illnesses should seek help as coping with and preventing depression is much easier to deal with medicine and therapy. Honestly speaking from experience depression can be overcome with relative ease, but living in a vegetative state would not be nice, no hope for a future

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Hedgehogofchaos said:
I believe that it is a choice that someone suffering from a disease that lacks a cure, or for someone who is a vegetable.
People who are suffering from depression and other associated mental illnesses should seek help as coping with and preventing depression is much easier to deal with medicine and therapy. Honestly speaking from experience depression can be overcome with relative ease, but living in a vegetative state would not be nice, no hope for a future

If someone is a Veg, i'm sure they wouldn't have the capacity to kill themselves, much less move on their own.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Thread too long, didn't read.

Though I did read some Urz and Ace Gunman posts and some other people.

I'll just throw it in here:
Let us say that someone has been diagnosed by cancer for a few years now. The cancer has already spread to many of his vital organs and will very soon reach the heart. You have been on the hospital's life support for quite a while now.
Isn't it selfish to be living your life to it's maximum when there are other people who need the life support more than you?
Some of your organs are still healthy. Why not donate them before the cancer hits those organs?
Your close friends, families and loved ones understand and accept the fact that you only have a few weeks to live. Would it not be selfish for them to keep you on life support rather than ending it now and hand over the facilities and equipment to someone who needs it more?

Hope this puts stuff into perspective.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Urza said:
If you believe there's nothing afterward, what reason do you have not to kill yourself? Does it really matter if you live another 40 years or 40 seconds, if you're dead at the end anyways?
Why don't we go killing each other or ourselves then? We're all gonna be dead one way or another anyway. Or are we?
I have a conflict in my own self regarding suicide in that I think it's selfish and not selfish at the same time.
I think it's selfish because ending my own life would cause suffering to others. If I care enough about others to know they'll suffer when I die then it probably means I don't have a true reason to commit suicide in the first place, because you can't really care about others if they don't care about you. But how can you really tell if others do care about you? Maybe they just don't know how to express it... But do others even exist? How can I tell this isn't but a fragment of my mind? Maye it's all a dream and killing myself would end the dream. Why would I want to end the dream though?
Or what if others do exist nand we're all having the same dream? Maybe the true reality awaits us in death. But we can't really know unless we die. But when we die we can't pass on our experiences to others, we can only pass on what we did before we died.
So maybe people who contemplate suicide shouldn't commit it in the hopes that someday someone will be revived after being death. Then wwe can all know what it's like. Then we can all commit suicide if something good awaits beyond death. But what if something good awaits only those who don't suicide or take the life of others? I could keep going but I won't. It's all a byzantine argument.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:

Let us say that someone has been diagnosed by cancer for a few years now. The cancer has already spread to many of his vital organs and will very soon reach the heart. You have been on the hospital's life support for quite a while now.
Isn't it selfish to be living your life to it's maximum when there are other people who need the life support more than you?
Some of your organs are still healthy. Why not donate them before the cancer hits those organs?
Your close friends, families and loved ones understand and accept the fact that you only have a few weeks to live. Would it not be selfish for them to keep you on life support rather than ending it now and hand over the facilities and equipment to someone who needs it more?

It isn't suicide if you take yourself off life support, because you die as a result of your condition. It's a different thing if you willingly take a lethal injection.

HeadHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Suicide is a choice. Selfish or not, some people make the choice to end their lives. Don't judge them, you don't know them. Psychological problems are the most fundamental problem with these patients. Help can't always be given because most of the time people don't notice their manic depressions.

HeadHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nutella said:
fgghjjkll said:

It isn't suicide if you take yourself off life support, because you die as a result of your condition. It's a different thing if you willingly take a lethal injection.
I think every life is sacred. You can't kill people because other people would benefit from it. That's the same with sick children in Africa, why don't kill them and take their organs. Sure why not, since they don't have a future. You can't think like that.

In response to your 'cancer-case':
if the cancer is spread throughout the body I highly doubt they will use any of those organs. Metastasing has already begun, so you can't risk to put an 'infected' organ in a very, very weak person (the receiving patient).

Also isn't it selfish that people want organs from a very ill person?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
HeadHunt said:
nutella said:
fgghjjkll said:

I think every life is sacred. You can't kill people because other people would benefit from it. That's the same with sick children in Africa, why don't kill them and take their organs. Sure why not, since they don't have a future. You can't think like that.

if the cancer is spread throughout the body I highly doubt they will use any of those organs. Metastasing has already begun, so you can't risk to put an 'infected' organ in a very, very weak person (the receiving patient).

Except the situations are entirely different.
What.. A little blind feverish African kid with HIV/AIDS can still live long if they take meds and stuff, but someone with a severe case of cancer is going to die.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HeadHunt said:
nutella said:

That' completely irrelevant to what I said. As I stated, taking someone off life support is not murder or suicide. You are not killing them, cancer is killing them.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
nutella said:
HeadHunt said:
nutella said:

That' completely irrelevant to what I said. As I stated, taking someone off life support is not murder or suicide. You are not killing them, cancer is killing them.
But by choosing to be taken off life support, you are choosing to INTENTIONALLY END YOUR LIFE EARLIER.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.