Zelda: Breath of the Wild Champions' Ballad DLC New Footage - Releases TONIGHT

Screenshot (128).jpg

Shown live at The Game Awards 2017, new footage has been shown revealing the Champions' efforts 100 years prior to the game's events. The trailer featured new shrines, weapons, outfits, and Link has a motorbike now. Mario Kart 8 is canon.

Video will be updated to official source when released.

DreIceAge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Champions' Ballad (DLC Pack 2) brings a large amount of exciting new content to the game. Here's what is being added.

800x556_oneHit.jpg

Players will tackle a never-before-seen dungeon, defeat enemies using the One-Hit Obliterator, and explore new shrines.

800x556_cycle_screen.jpg

Upon completing these tasks, Link will gain access to a powerful new way to travel: the Master Cycle Zero!*

800x556_KassLink_screen.jpg

Kass the Bard is on a quest to complete the missing verses of his teacher's unfinished song. Along the way, his original compositions will shed new light on the four Champions and Princess Zelda herself. Ah, but what could the unfinished song be about?*

800x556_IslandLobsterShirt.jpg

800x556_RaviosHood.jpg

800x556_ZantsHelmet.jpg

800x556_GanonArmor.jpg

800x556_RoyalGuard.jpg

filler.png

Nine new treasure chests have been added to Hyrule, each bearing a new piece of armor. These include armor based on previous The Legend of Zelda series games, such as the "Island Lobster Shirt," "Zant's Helmet," "Phantom Ganon Armor" and more!

800x556_ancientBridle.jpg

The Ancient Bridle and Saddle can also be found in hidden chests. The Ancient Bridle will increase the number of spurs a horse can use to speed up, while the Ancient Saddle can make it so a horse can be hailed from far away.

The Champions' Ballad DLC pack is available by purchasing the Expansion Pass. Visit the Expansion Pass page for details and purchase options.

*To play this content, players must first reach a point in the game where they have freed all Divine Beasts.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sigh. now i need to find a save game that's finished all four divine beasts because i deleted my saves recently and just dont feel like completing all the divine beasts again

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i'm link? and i worke up in the main gaem? how can i be 100 years wearlier awake?

Did you even pay attention the first time? You were asleep for those 100 years in the shrine of resurection. That means 100 hears ago, before that happened, you were running around doing stuff. Every memory in the damn game was from 100 years ago in the first place! What's the problem with playing THAT story line?

a motorbike in zelda.....nintendo have lost it ape they've lost it!

All "Divine Beast"s in the game were freaking machines. You run around using a freaking TABLET from that time 100 years ago to open/activate the shrines. How the hell is it improbable or even clashing with the story, that there was a damn motor bike?

sheesh... you people...

There are already switches on the used shelf in Japan. I've updated without a second thought and have 20 minutes left of dowloading the DLC. I'll buy a used one whenever actual homebrew with kernel access is a thing.

EDIT: For anybody curious who never saw the update news, the latest Switch firmware version is 4.1.0, and included some fixes for the motion controls.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides this and FE's season pass which is handled by Koei, what other season passes does Nintendo have at the moment and how are they not optional? You're not being forced to purchase them at all.
They aren't optinal cause the only thing available to purchase is the season pass. Expansion pass 1 and 2 are both part of Legend of zelda Breath of the wild season pass. The eshop says "You cannot purchase this content sepeartly." The same thing that is available for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Season pass for $30, not individual purchases of content.

I don't know about the other games like Fire emblem warriors, or Mario X Rabbids, splatoon 2, pokken tournament DX, if they have dlc like that but I just saying that they can give us a option that isn't only available in bundle for cheaper purchase. Only the nintendo games are like this. The other games I have aren't, Blaster Master Zero had 4 dlc that is all $2 each and not in a single bundle with the only purchase option.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you even pay attention the first time? You were asleep for those 100 years in the shrine of resurection. That means 100 hears ago, before that happened, you were running around doing stuff. Every memory in the damn game was from 100 years ago in the first place! What's the problem with playing THAT story line?

All "Divine Beast"s in the game were freaking machines. You run around using a freaking TABLET from that time 100 years ago to open/activate the shrines. How the hell is it improbable or even clashing with the story, that there was a damn motor bike?

sheesh... you people...

There are already switches on the used shelf in Japan. I've updated without a second thought and have 20 minutes left of dowloading the DLC. I'll buy a used one whenever actual homebrew with kernel access is a thing.

EDIT: For anybody curious who never saw the update news, the latest Switch firmware version is 4.1.0, and included some fixes for the motion controls.
progbablyt not im wasrted

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm tempted to update my 2.2.0 Switch. I.... must.... resist.

Thought, the exact same thing.

Just update man... really what is the point of waiting? Hackable consoles and spoiled games that everyone already played years ago... Well that is worth the wait :tpi: (but ey... everyone has his own choice!)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just update man... really what is the point of waiting? Hackable consoles and spoiled games that everyone already played years ago... Well that is worth the wait :tpi: (but ey... everyone has his own choice!)
Agree, there's no homebrew yet and the first homebrew is only going to be crappy proof of concept games or emulators. The good stuff (save editing, cheating, game modding etc) is surely a long way away

Reactions: THYPLEX

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why did they make you have to do that near impossible quest just to get the new shrines etc they ruined everything if i wanted to play master mode i'd play master mode not have it forced onto you!! that's the last nintendo DLC i ever buy :hateit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies