Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"i just meant it doesn't help my already low opinion of it"
"it doesn't help"
"already"

goodness, can you not read?

Goodness, can you not read and answer his question? You said that "the case doesn't help your already low opinion" on Call of Duty and he asked "whether or not you think there is any merit in him being "manipulated by Call of Duty" to the point of attempting rape and shooting his mother" - two very different things.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

drottning

amateur wii hacker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Goodness, can you not read and answer his question? You said that the case doesn't help your already low opinion on Call of Duty and he asked whether or not you think there is any merit in him being "manipulated by Call of Duty" to the point of attempting rape and shooting his mother - two very different things.
i edited that post lol. but no i don't think that wtf

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
"i just meant it doesn't help my already low opinion of it"
"it doesn't help"
"already"

goodness, can you not read?

i meant i already dislike it. this doesn't help it. a lot of CoD players are pretty stupid. don't take offense to this just because i said "a lot" doesn't mean it includes you. thanks

besides, the only fps i will probably ever like is goldeneye 007 (the original not the crappy reloaded thing)
I can read. But there's still implied negativity in your statement. If it doesn't help OR hurt your opinion of the game, why would you bother mentioning SPECIFICALLY that it doesn't help it? When someone says " well, that doesn't help my opinion of X," it's meant as a loaded statement.

Also your original post is incredibly misleading and heavily implies that you think CoD is to blame. If you don't think that, you shouldn't say that.

Also, I don't care for CoD either. And I can read. No need to make assumptions.

drottning

amateur wii hacker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can read. But there's still implied negativity in your statement. If it doesn't help OR hurt your opinion of the game, why would you bother mentioning SPECIFICALLY that it doesn't help it? When someone says " well, that doesn't help my opinion of X," it's meant as a loaded statement.

Also your original post is incredibly misleading and heavily implies that you think CoD is to blame. If you don't think that, you shouldn't say that.

Also, I don't care for CoD either. And I can read. No need to make assumptions.
oke lol sorry

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So he kills her, then realizes this is his last chance to get laid but couldn't get hard. Probably for the best...

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Had it been only the shooting part, I could totally see the media taking this and saying "the game drove him to shoot her"..... but the fact that rape is involved, something that CoD is not linked to (and to my knowledge, does not suggest), is more of an indication that the kid was not in the right place mentally, with or without video games. There is no legitimate way to suggest that CoD could drive the kid to rape.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So he kills her, then realizes this is his last chance to get laid but couldn't get hard. Probably for the best...
Probably the other way around. "Rape" suggests that she was alive and unwilling. Also, no one's thrown the word, "necrophiliac" around.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the other way around. "Rape" suggests that she was alive and unwilling. Also, no one's thrown the word, "necrophiliac" around.

I can't fathom a 13 year old boy is stronger than his 37 year old mother to strip her down though.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an old arguement, as old as civilization[almost] ..."Guns don't kill people [anymore than any other item] Idiots, Morons,and the [severely] mentally derranged kill people. Taking away violent games will not stop the insanity.

NOTE: (an analogy) if Video games were what was causing the shootings, Asia would be filled with nothing but perverts and pediphiles (considering the extent of skin on children) shown in thier manga, Anime and other media)

The topic/problem itself is insane..
Definition of insane: doing something over and over again and expecting different results.

The world media rehashes this same debate year after year, in various forms, century after century, not to solve it, but to increase sales of media subscriptions and advertising. Each time, re-releasing it without so much as a different spin, or a coat of paint and each time the public buys it hungerly, as though they've never heard of this happening.. It's 'boy bites dog' headlines and sells readership. pft, suckers, PT Barnum was right, but I knew that already...
"There's a sucker born every minute" Author-P.T. Barnum R.I.P.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Goldeneye on N64 is amazingly shit if you try and play it now. Absolutely terrible.

I'll have to strongly disagree with you, while being extremely obsolete tech wise the game is still very enjoyable because the replay value is insane. Not to mention it's arguably the BEST movie to video game adaptation ever. Ya but back to the thread this kind of shit disgusts me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY