• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Dispute over (now) 8-year-old son's transition to a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Wait until AFTER puberty (ideally wait until adulthood), the father shouldn't have to pay squat, and changing a son into a daughter is utterly disgusting.
Wait until after puberty for what? Thats a mistake I made. Transitioning (as in the operations) ALWAYS are performed after you hit adulthood. Waiting to take puberty blockers until adulthood kind of doesnt work.

hm...

"The father should...." Lets not mix this up with resentments in the divorced farthers community - this is a single case, highly emotionally, highly unusual. There is no concept of 'single case litigation' that would have any legal importance, coming out of it. This is literaly the worst case to generalize a point about something... else. And no - emotional argument is not enough to have the father not pay child support in this case.
The son needs to be taken from his abusive mother, and given to his father. Then the mother can be sued for child abuse.
And then what if the child turns out to be gender dysphoric even after puberty (so long term) - you might have produced multiple traumas doing that. Child currently doesnt seem traumatized, at least. So while highly unusual, and while I personally also see tendencies in the mother to obsess about the concept, and exploit it for popularity gains - child doesnt seem to be neglected or hurt, and if all of that turns out to be a psychological minf*ck, can separate themselves from it later on in life, simply by growing up. If they get puberty blockers, or not, is an issue that has to be decided on a medical practitioners ethics level. (They have councils for that. They have psychological assesments for that.)

Last edited by notimp,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're proving my point bud
FB_IMG_1591747868794.jpg

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ultra supra - could you not be such a d*ck an react to arguments against your position instead of spreading personal attacks for the last ten posts?

Talk on the argumentative level or sh*t up. No one needs your pre prepared 'white people victims memes'. Take that folder on your desktop - and stuff it.

This entire thread was conceptualized as outrage bait. And now you are prolonging it by going against people individually and bringing insane prepared memes, while ignoring the arguments brought against your position,.

edit: Here is my white person meme:

White person: Virtue signaling on facebook for the feels. If that gets boring. Going out in life and being able to do anything they want to without being judged especially harshly. (If they arent into blowing up self help groups for minorities for no reason).

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Truth and humor are both subjective concepts. (Queue the no, there is only one truth, and it is mine responses.. ;) )

Although I have to admit, this thread - very engaging.. ;)

Reactions: Seliph

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truth and humor are both subjective concepts. (Queue the no, there is only one truth, and it is mine responses.. ;) )

Although I have to admit, this thread - very engaging.. ;)
If truth is subjective, what is the purpose of schools?
It's the oldest trick in the book for bigots
You haven't exactly proven me wrong on transgenderism being a mental illness.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You haven't exactly proven me wrong on transgenderism being a mental illness.
It was never my job to prove you wrong, I think to most everyone else it's quite apparent that you're wrong. There's no use arguing with someone who doesn't understand what they're talking about.

If you REALLY want evidence, here's a nice little video you can watch.

But I don't think you will.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was never my job to prove you wrong, I think to most everyone else it's quite apparent that you're wrong. There's no use arguing with someone who doesn't understand what they're talking about.

If you REALLY want evidence, here's a nice little video you can watch.

But I don't think you will.

I'm not watching leftist propoganda. Put it into words or I'll spam Stonetoss up your anus.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Seliph,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh...it's one of those articles that try to say that sex and gender aren't the same. How about you find a biology textbook from the 20th century and show me the page on sex/gender?
My guy, just look up the dictionary definitions of sex and gender. They are clearly different. It is not hard to do this research.

Here are several studies on gender identity and gender expression from Yale
https://yale.summon.serialssolutions.com/#!/search?ho=f&fvf=IsScholarly,true,f&l=en&q="gender expression"

And here's the oxford definition of gender as a grammatical construct from Oxfordre.com
https://oxfordre.com/linguistics/vi...99384655.001.0001/acrefore-9780199384655-e-43

The science is not on your side, and it hasn't been for several years.

Last edited by Seliph,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guy, just look up the dictionary definitions of sex and gender. They are clearly different. It is not hard to do this research.

Here are several studies on gender identity and gender expression from Yale
https://yale.summon.serialssolutions.com/#!/search?ho=f&fvf=IsScholarly,true,f&l=en&q="gender expression"

And here's the oxford definition of gender as a grammatical construct from Oxfordre.com
https://oxfordre.com/linguistics/vi...99384655.001.0001/acrefore-9780199384655-e-43

The science is not on your side, and it hasn't been for several years.
Have you ever heard of indoctrination?

D

Deleted User

This case has been public for a few years now. The latest court decision overrides the previous one and it seems the mother will be able to go ahead with the transition of her son. Apparently the father has to pay 5000$ a month.
There is dispute whether the son actually wants to become a girl.

What is new to me is that the mother is not even the biological mother. She received the twin boys via egg donation.
What is your opinion on this case?

https://nypost.com/2019/10/23/texas...ng-to-stop-7-year-old-sons-gender-transition/
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...ansition-for-8-yr-old-regains-decision-rights

My theories are:
a) After the break-up the mother become jealous of the reproductive success of her former husband. The transition is a way to axe some of the descendants of his. Children at that age are extremely malleable. You can turn them into or convince them of anything. They also don´t have a concept of sex yet. My parents also let me wear a dress once. Children want to please the desire of the parents, which would also explain why - if both parents tell the truth - the son acts differently around each parent.
b) The mother wants to have an even sex ratio. I have no data on this, but from my experience fathers usually wish for a son or have no preference. Mothers often want to give birth to both genders. My mother always told me how she wanted me to be a girl for said reason (hence the dress thing; luckily there were no surgeries back then). I have heard other women express similar desires. Even here in China, many women still usually want a son [traditionally the better provider at old age] but the second one "can" be a daughter. [this topic is common in China now that a second child is possible for two parents who don´t have siblings]
c) The mother wants to signal virtue. It is like celebraties adopting children from a different race.
d) The mother genuinly believes her son´s "soul" is in the wrong body.
Gender change is wrong and unnatural. Nobody should do it. No to mention, this surgery doesn't actually even change your gender. Your DNA still identifies you as your real gender and you are permanently infertile if you "change" your gender.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Gender change is wrong and unnatural.
Even people only reading clickbait ads know better:

6 surprising animals that can change sex
https://animalogic.ca/wild/6-surprising-animals-that-can-change-sex

If your truth is based on feels exclusively, and you find the need to still convince people using them, may I suggest you try religion.

Also, we all know, that this is how many people feel. Thats kind of the point for the campaigning.
Your DNA still identifies you as your real gender and you are permanently infertile if you "change" your gender.
I sense a little detective who wants a mobile DNA testing kit for christmas.

Almost all the points campaigned for are about societal perception, and not about what would result from your DNA, society in daily interaction doesnt test DNA. (And before you get into the 'hoodwinked' mindset, there are about 1000 types of interactions, where not knowing the other persons DNA would not cause distress or harm.)

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: AmandaRose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1