A Nintendo Direct on 02/13/2014 is happening

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Battle Revolution was easily one of the worst Wii games I've ever played - it resided on my HDD for whole 15 minutes. My lass, a Pokemon fan, actually bought it, played it once, went "blerght" and ejected the disc - we gladly traded that in. It was nowhere near Pokemon Stadium and was generally meh. Waste of money, waste of bandwidth. ;)
Oh gee, two games, one of which being blerght! Now that's what I call an online community! :tpi:

At that moment not a Single Pokemon game had Random Wi-Fi Battles. And transferring all my Pokesav Pokemon to PBR was awesome and being able to battle online with them even better. Not to mention the customization to your character, The Event Pokemon you get from there to P/D/Pt like the Surfing Pikachu, etc. The Graphics, Colosseum, seeing the moves and Pokemon in 3D(A lot of Pokemon 3D Models were new and not to mention the new ones from Gen4 at that time).

Everything was awesome.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope we will hear something about Zelda WiiU or a Majora's Mask remake.(most likely not) But more than likely it will be "New Yoshi Island for 3ds coming soon please be excited. New Kirby game for 3ds which as already been released in Japan coming soon everywhere else please be excited. Mario Kart WiiU coming this May, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze available end of this moth. New Smash Bros for both WiiU and 3ds are coming around nicely unfortunately it is going to take a little more time before we can bring this product to you. We hope to be able to share some new information with you soon. Thank you."(Think of this entire phrase being delivered by Satoru Iwata) To be honest this is probably all that will be mention there might be one or two surprises but that is probably all we will get.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Battle Revolution on Wii is one of the Best Online Games on Wii if not the best. IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE A MAIN POKEMON GAME. It was to battle Online with your Pokemon from D/P/Pt and have Battles on 3D.

I spent A LOT of hours online on that game. And you can still find people to battle online on PBR.

im a big Pokemon fan... but Battle Revolution is a very shit game. what aspect of it makes you think its any good?

it does nothing for as a game. it sold alot because it has the word Pokemon on it.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
im a big Pokemon fan... but Battle Revolution is a very shit game. what aspect of it makes you think its any good?

it does nothing for as a game.

Pokemon Games doesnt always have to have a story(If any have had any good story). All I wanted was to battle Online and its what I got and I loved it and still play it. Not to mention all the other content the game have.

fojacko

Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to know when MK8 is coming out, I need to know if i have enough time to buy a capture card so i can stream it.

Also hoping they announce something to do with the 3ds > WiiU connectivity they were talking about. (they were talking about that right? i wasn't just hallucinating?)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I hope a lot of juicy news will come out of this, not just elaborating more on games we already know a lot about. But since it's focused on Spring releases I'm not expecting much.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
At that moment not a Single Pokemon game had Random Wi-Fi Battles. And transferring all my Pokesav Pokemon to PBR was awesome and being able to battle online with them even better. Not to mention the customization to your character, The Event Pokemon you get from there to P/D/Pt like the Surfing Pikachu, etc. The Graphics, Colosseum, seeing the moves and Pokemon in 3D(A lot of Pokemon 3D Models were new and not to mention the new ones from Gen4 at that time).

Everything was awesome.
See, this is the problem with PBR - it's not a game in an out of itself, it's an add-on to P/D/Plt. If you don't have the DS games or don't care for them, PBR doesn't have a lot to offer and keeping the golden rule that games should stand on their own two feet in mind, I can't really recommend PBR to anyone, Pokemon fan or otherwise. You mention 3D, but forget to mention that some of those models, especially Gen I ones look as if they were ripped straight out of Pokemon Stadium - they're just poor. You mention multiplayer, but you could play Pokemon online as is. At the end of the day, PBR was just an add-on that allowed you to do some battles in 3D and that's that, really. It may be enough for you, but most wouldn't treat that as enough material to justify the pricetag. I'm afraid that Metacritic agrees with me, both in the user score and the review score departments.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So the Nintendo Direct is going to be the same length as their E3 presentation.

Tune in today to find out just how many times Iwata can beg for understanding in 41 minutes.

1388256615489.jpg

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo why you no capitalize on the success of minecraft to help wiiu ?

wiiu zelda dungeon craft
wiiu mario craft

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you realize there are only maybe 10 or 15 people on this forum that own a Wii U, right? The system has only sold about 5.7m units worldwide, so even guessing that 10 or 15 of them are on here might be a bit generous when considering the size of our active posting community. There just isn't really any interest in the Wii U. People don't want the same first party titles with whatever tweaks that they've been playing for 20+ years now. Plus, there's the issue of those such as myself not being able to get past the fact that Nintendo pretty much was all I played in my childhood, and anymore, I just can't bring myself to play it anymore. It isn't exciting. It's just kind of Nintendo games. Predictable, fun at times, but in the long run, not generally worth getting too excited for. Nintendo's consoles are no longer RPG machines like they were long ago. They certainly aren't a haven for shooters. There is no big, popular genre that really defines Nintendo, which may be another issue. They don't appeal to a specific crowd except for the brand loyalty bunch.

People just have to accept that the Wii U is going to end up like the Gamecube and the N64, being overshadowed probably by Sony, if past trends are going to hold true this generation, which seems likely since the Xbox One isn't appealing to the European market, and it definitely won't appeal to the Japanese market. Even Nintendo has clearly given up on the idea that they'll be able to turn the Wii U around based on what we've seen from them these past few weeks. After over a year, if your console still isn't selling worth a damn and there's nothing really drastic you can do to fix it (like they did when they relaunched the DS as the DSlite), you just kind of have to accept that it's probably going to toil away on the fringes of success, just surviving the best it can.

How can you think I'm being funny? Did you even read what you said? Sales are abysmal: that's depressing. No interest in the U: depressing. People don't want Mario games: :wtf: depressing. It appears the brand loyalty bunch isn't being so loyal: some for financial reasons; others because of personal reasons. I guess I'm not willing to accept that the U will do as poorly as the N64, the GameCube, and the Wii. And, they can't market the U as a system for hardcore players; nobody wants to play Mario, which is essentially a kids game. (Hardcore being a word that gets thrown around and consequently means shit.)

Has Nintendo ever appealed to a specific crowd? Oh right: gamers. Real specific. Be it play time of 3 times a week for 2 hours or nightly 6 hour runs; Nintendo appeals to them. What you mean is that they don't appeal to them as much anymore, a trend we saw emerge in the N64 days, nearly a decade ago, and has since grown worse. And no amount of marketing Nintendo does will fix this.

Reactions: clarky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5cgll8v7iA