Do many people really HATE Apple that much?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate = Can't afford. That's how i see it, just like many things out there when you're on top people hate you.

Not necessarily, when people buy Apple products, they develop a sense of false superiority, they think their products are the best thing in the world and that either you get them or you're considered uncool.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily, when people buy Apple products, they develop a sense of false superiority, they think their products are the best thing in the world and that either you get them or you're considered uncool.

that's really funny because it takes a senses of superiority to say something like that.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's really funny because it takes a senses of superiority to say something like that.

Excuse me? I'm not trying to be that at all, I hate Apple products like I would a disease. Don't accuse me of being like an Apple fanatic, which I've no part of. I was making a statement, an opinion, of their supposed superiority, of which I have none whatsoever. Don't accuse me of being like that please, I hate Apple like no other.

Apple sucks, their products aren't that special, and they're too damned expensive. It'll be a cold day in hell before you catch me with one of their products. :rofl2:

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nah I don't think so, I remember when I had the ipod touch, when it first release, I loved playing it, I was addicted to it as a kid at the time, but it didn't drive me towards the apple company, it just drove me to their product. Apple is overrated, how the Hell after all these years, you still don't support sd cards! Thats pathetic, Is apple that afraid that they might lose sales from their products. There probably thinking, "If we adds mirco sd support, we might lose sales, due to the fact, If customers fill up internal space on there ipad or whatever, they have external storage, and that might limit customers from buying future apple products, and we can't have that." Apple don't give people what they want, just like mircosoft. My grandmother has a ipad 3gen, and she loves it, I asked her "Was it really worth all that money?" And she replied "No", so I replied and said "Grandma the hardware isn't even compare to it's price basically what im trying to say is your getting ripped off". We both Laughed, but anyway what im trying to say is, if you get apple, don't buy because of the hype, buy it because you want it, EVEN though your still getting ripped off, like people still buying Cod over and over for the same shit every year lol.

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's why Apple sucks, and here's why people hate them. At least for me.

Their target market is the computer illiterate and the naive. Their user friendly approach has RUINED technology, and dumbed it down to the point where it's now mainstream to create, and advertise in a watered down manner that may as well be targeted at little children. Everything with Apple is aimed towards being user friendly, yet is extremely illogical, impractical and downright annoying.

Unfortunately, countless companies have followed in their wussified footsteps. I thought the future would be awesome when I was a kid, but it's almost nauseating. Apple is much to blame.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have an ipad ,iphone and even and f i can afford it i wont buy again ,the reason is that they thing they can do whatever they want ,come on who needs to pay apple for to put god damn ringtones on iphone ,or why to use email to send pics if i have bluetooth just tell me reason,also what the hell is the mania with the bug free support of new updates ,i had a friend with the iphone 4 and was talking high cause he received the ios 7.1 but you know what the difference is os respnses between my iphone 5 and his was too high ,even though with ios 6.1 it was working as good
for me apple is a trend with no reason ,they are patent trolls ,they copyright what thing they want even though their copyright is illegal in some coutries
thats why people dont like it cause it is just there to be a trend,now some are awakening for the dream and see that apple is naked ,you buy a bare phone and you are willing to pay a ransom to dress it well boohoo i wont do that again

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was introduced to computers on Apples IIE and 68k Macs. They were cool back then. Now Apple is just in tard mode, has been since Windows 95 came out. It wasn't too long ago EVERYONE hated Apple, but then they decided to act as if they invented the MP3, sourced some skilled Asians to build their little iThings and fooled people into believing there was more to it than just some marketing puke behind it all (Steve Jobs).

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
- Everything that is Apple branded cost like twice their competitors.
- Apple tend to put arbitrary limitations in their products, no SD card slot for iPhone/Ipad/Ipod. With Macintosh, bluetooth is mainly compatible with iDevices only.
- Apple is a well known patent troll and have sued many companies for no good reason.
- Steve Jobs wanted to destroy Android because it was a copy of iOS, but the Mac OS started as a black and white copy of Xerox Alto's GUI.
- Apple fans have a urge to justify the money they spent in Apple product, so they start thinking their device is the best in the world.
- Mac OS X convinced me that Linux distros have more intuictive user interface and are easier to use. But since people spend tons of money in iMacs/Macbooks they are willing to try harder to use Apple's software.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I predict there will not be a reason to hate Apple for much longer... (Why hate on the dead?)

With Steve Jobs gone, I think Apple will go back to the company it was before when he was fired. Just shy of going out of business.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think they make excellently built machines but the price is absurd and the OS does not feel as powerful/supported as others. Namely Android and Windows.

i have an ipad mini and i've had an iphone in the past so my experience is limited.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"their customer service is better than any other company (not the best though)"
wat

I've been using Apple devices (iOS devices) for years. It was stupid. New releases every 3 months (seems like). There's absolutely no reason the buy the new phone that comes out anymore because the next one S is going to be out in just a few months. It's ridiculous.
iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, and I see no reason to believe they won't follow the same path for the iPhone 6.

It's stupid. They overcharge for the low quality specs they provide. You pay for an Apple logo and a shiny back cover on your device. It's not plastic so it's OK to charge $300 more for it.
People complain that 'it runs fast so the specs don't matter' and sure, that's true, but why? Because Apple locks you down to how they want you to have your device. You can change your icons around, and your wallpaper, but that's it, and that's all you'll ever get from them. You can't change your icons (without jailbreaking), you can't get a different launcher (like Android), you even have to use that atrocious program itunes if you want to add music or videos or whatever.
If you want to just add a song, you have to plug in your iPhone, open up iTunes (and watch a movie or two while it loads), choose the device, add the songs to your iTunes library, add the song to the device, sync it, then FINALLY you can disconnect.
You can plug an Android into literally any computer, drag a music or video file over, and be done in under a minute, no syncing required or anything.

I finally made the switch and I couldn't be happier.
I'm here enjoying my Nexus 5, a device that while outdated in terms of newer models, won't be considered old for quite a few years.

Oh btw, my Nexus 5 was $350 unlocked. The iPhone 5S unlocked is $700.
Weird because the Nexus 5 has (for the most part) better specs.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It goes both ways, whether it be Android or Apple, PC or Mac, always gonna have the fanboys. Personally, I think Apple products are just fine for what they are intended for. Sure, I do think there are better options, but I also think that Apple products have an extremely top notch and premium feel/build. Whether the reason is good or not, an opinion is simply an opinion, it is your own judgement.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care for Apple because of their exorbitantly-priced hardware but I hate them for being control freaks on iDevices and not giving any non-OSX computers support for programming them.

MrEl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Macbook Air, iMac, iPod (nana and touch), iPad, and iPhones (3gs, 4, 4s, 5).
Only thing I hate about Apple is that you have to (always) use iTunes to do something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/