Doctor Who series 6

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Youkai said:
Hmm well there were better episodes even thaught it was partially very interesting to get to know more background on river.

still "she used up all her remaining regenerations" ... wtf? didn't watched all old episodes yet (just to much) but i allways thaught the regenerations were more or less "endless" ?
Time Lords are limited to 13 regenerations. Not sure if its a law or a physical limit. The Master originally reached his Regeneration limit and was in a charred, decayed state for several of his appearances before he restored himself. THen the Time Lords offered him a new cycle of regenerations for helping them with something. Can't remember if he got those or not...

They never needed her to lose her regenerations either... Her death in the Library was from doing something that would have killed the Doctor outright as well from what I remember. The sacrifice of the immortality for a man she barely knows, and was supposed to kill is the main point of the scene.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamstruth: That's a 12 regeneration limit, giving you 13 bodies.

But yes, whether it's a law, physical limitation, or even if the end result of the Time War affected it in any way, I'm not exactly sure. In Azmael's case, he deliberately invoked a thirteenth regeneration which killed him, but this was of course when Gallifrey was still around.

I wonder if using remaining regenerations to heal someone else could boost their own limit...if indeed it still applies.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:

But yes, whether it's a law, physical limitation, or even if the end result of the Time War affected it in any way, I'm not exactly sure. In Azmael's case, he deliberately invoked a thirteenth regeneration which killed him, but this was of course when Gallifrey was still around.

I wonder if using remaining regenerations to heal someone else could boost their own limit...if indeed it still applies.

I was always wondering about that. I thought the regeneration limit was 10 times. I actually thought 11 was the last Doctor.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:

So perhaps River not only saved his life, but gave him a few extra regenerations too? That'd be handy considering they're on the 12th (?) doctor now...

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
ProtoKun7 said:

So perhaps River not only saved his life, but gave him a few extra regenerations too? That'd be handy considering they're on the 12th (?) doctor now...
No, we're on the 11th Doctor.

88.gif
Oh, that sounded so wrong...

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just devised a theory related to the time ship from The Lodger and its significance.

The ship could have been designed for River to fly. During The Lodger it was testing humans to launch it, although they burned up, while the Doctor would have been far too much for it to cope with. River, being a Human/Time Lord hybrid, could have been the correct calibration to be able to operate it successfully. Also, the skeletons that are seen inside the ship in The Lodger appear to be tall, thin, and seem to have four fingers, and could therefore be the dead Silents from the end of Day of the Moon.

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
I've just devised a theory related to the time ship from The Lodger and its significance.

The ship could have been designed for River to fly. During The Lodger it was testing humans to launch it, although they burned up, while the Doctor would have been far too much for it to cope with. River, being a Human/Time Lord hybrid, could have been the correct calibration to be able to operate it successfully. Also, the skeletons that are seen inside the ship in The Lodger appear to be tall, thin, and seem to have four fingers, and could therefore be the dead Silents from the end of Day of the Moon.
Oh my god that is GENIUS.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:

I said something similar earlier in the thread
QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Apr 30 2011, 07:34 PM) Here's my theory on this
I'm not entirely sure who the girl is... I THINK she's Amy's daughter but not sure whether its RIver or not. When the Doctor got into the room with the Silence he said "Hmm, I've seen one of these before. It was abandoned, wonder how that happened". Still think that it is the same Proto-TARDIS seen in the Lodger. Not sure whether its an older or a newer version of it though. I.e. whether the TARDIS was repaired in the Lodger and travelled back or if this is an earlier incarnation. THe reason the Silence want the girl is that she is part Time Lord and therefore can activate the Proto-TARDIS again and allow them to use it to travel through time and space...assuming it works.
Yours is a much better explanation and refined with the new info we have.
During the Lodger it was constantly seeking a pilot. Whatshisface (can't remember his name) broke tghat protocol by his will to stay and overriding the Proto-TARDIS's need to travel. Then it just...went somewhere... There's definitely a conenction and characters from the Lodger will reappear this half-series so we will have it explained though it seems people have forgotten about it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tonight's episode was...weird. Not the best episode ever, but not terrible. Wonder what was in the Doctor's room...I reckon:

It was River Song. At the end of Let's Kill Hitler, it showed that the Tardis has some info from that robot thing, including details of the Doctor's death. I can't remember if it was shown, but I would assume that info included that River Song kills him.

And the guy from The Lodger is back next week, along with the cybermen (*sigh*, again.), so I'm sure the proto-TARDIS stuff will be explained then.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I reckon the Doctor saw either
The Master
Himself
River Song

And what about Amy!?!? Is she coming back? If this is truly the end for her then this is the first I've heard of it!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
I reckon the Doctor saw either
The Master
Himself
River Song

And what about Amy!?!? Is she coming back? If this is truly the end for her then this is the first I've heard of it!

I did consider the Master, but I don't think they'll try that again. They did it a couple of series back, and it was a particularly week episode if I remember correctly. Can't even remember what happened in the end.

Hadn't thought of himself, I guess that sort of makes sense too...

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might've seen oneself, might've seen someone else. You won't find out yet because I won't tell you.
ninja.gif
It wasn't the Master.

...this is ringing familiar, though...
Ace had to lose faith in Seventh back in The Curse of Fenric.

EDIT: There is certainly significance to the eyepatches.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Tonight's episode was rather, poorly made(?) IMO. It just felt somewhat cheesy and didn't have much to it. Probably due to the actors working at 3-4 o'clock in the morning, sending them slightly mad.
unsure.gif

I predicted that the eye patches made you immune to the silence as soon as I saw Kovarian (eye patch lady). Watching the prequel to next week makes it seem like that's definitely true.

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bummer that doctor who s7 is airing next fall. Oh well. I'm used to stuff airing in the fall. There will be other stuff to keep me busy.

As for today's ep, it was nice seeing Craig. And I love that the Doctor speaks baby. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 86 sister